Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

When do you build more then 1 LT?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1RikiRude Sep 27 2008, 18:19 PM
I'm just curious if anyone builds more then one LT at any give time. And I don't mean your first one dies so you have to build another, I mean when do you have more then one LT on the field?

Also if you have more then one do you keep them separate the whole time or bring them together to get the stacking bonus?

Also while on the subject of LTs how much more awesome are commandos with the LT? When my commandos come out they are usually doing something off to the side and aren't with my main army most of the time.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Finch49th1stAIF Sep 28 2008, 02:30 AM
I build 2 LTs if my opponent is playing an infantry heavy strategy. Especially if he is going for Vet as the LTs counter the bonus provided by Vet and keep things balanced. I also recommend using the Captain together with the LTs for the same reason. Having Vet on your officers against enemy Vet can be vital to keeping your infantry competative.

Its tough to make the decision to build a 2nd LT. It helps to be ahead and have the resources to spare. It also requires a bit of practice to micro up to 3 officers at once. I always bind my first LT to 1, my second LT to 2 and my Captain to 3 to quickly be able to select and move them. Going for a 2nd LT and then losing him because of micro problems can really play into your opponents hands.

I wouldnt go for a 2nd LT against a balanced enemy strategy (inf+vehicles). The edge on your infantry will not be put to the best use though it can help somewhat with Piats.

I wouldnt build 2 LTs then move them widely apart. That is to say several screens away from each other. Officers require a great deal of micro and baby sitting and its easy to forget about them or simply take your eyes off them for a moment. At that point youre in the market for another officer (got an example of this below).

When I have 2 LTs I keep them together but at a little bit of a distance from each other so that misfortune for one does not mean I lose both. I also try to keep all my infantry spread out so having 2 means you can keep at least 1 star above all their heads. 2 stars can be quite effective at taking down a strong enemy unit like Vet KCH or Fallshirms.

The other advantage of 2 LTs is the movement bonus. You can now actually flank positions in enemy territory without having squads moving slowly.

I don't think I have any recent examples of going for double LTs. Most players have identified the British AT hole and focus on vehicles these days. I do have a recent replay with only one LT which does show a few things you might find useful like officer micro and the LT/Captain combo. It also includes a nice reminder about what happens when you take your eyes off your Captain for a second. I'm such a noob frusty.gif

Vet 3 LT tears things up though happy.gif Its vs a PE lvl 10 who has a brutal rush but I managed to hang on. Theres some Firefly micro that may be a nice follow up to the movie too.

Attached File gwaffenss.rec
Size: 396.53k
Number of downloads: 204
Player Name Side Team
Finch49th1stAIF 1
GWaffenSS 2

To answer your questions about Heroic Charge from the other thread check out CoH Stats here.

+
# 3RikiRude Sep 28 2008, 08:38 AM
thanks finch, I can't wait to check this replay out tomorrow =)

+
# 5scougall9 Oct 4 2008, 10:06 AM
i make 2 lts, when i split my forces, which isnt often ^^

+
# 6Sierra Hotel Oct 4 2008, 19:33 PM
Neat. Warhawks used a post of Mine!

Yes, I'm Spitfire. The account got bugged er sumtin.

Game: Bad Company 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)