Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

serial number is invalid ... please try another...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41EyEamZer0~ Oct 29 2008, 19:12 PM
yea, i did that, however, i didnt get a response, or a new key.......i guess I will just have to try and guess the last digit. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 42Newbie1234 Oct 29 2008, 19:15 PM
ROFL

I just bought the game and the last Number/Letter was indeed missing! Good ol' trial and error did the trick. biggrin.gif

I'm installing the game now, I hope online works.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 43Admiral DuGalle Oct 29 2008, 19:24 PM
One more thing about doing your trial and fail method

Make sure you write down 1-0 and check them as you do it.

when you got the correct number, write it down in your manual so that you don't have to do it AGAIN when you gonna reinstall the game (for whatever reason)

Game: None

+
# 44Newbie1234 Oct 29 2008, 19:27 PM
QUOTE(Admiral DuGalle @ Oct 29 2008, 15:24 PM) *

One more thing about doing your trial and fail method

Make sure you write down 1-0 and check them as you do it.

when you got the correct number, write it down in your manual so that you don't have to do it AGAIN when you gonna reinstall the game (for whatever reason)

Yep, that's the first thing I did. thum.gif

Edit:
Finished installing, same problem here. Serial invalid... Meh.

This post has been edited by Newbie1234: Oct 29 2008, 19:54 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 45ReVolutioN_ Oct 29 2008, 19:40 PM
Ive got the same problem, so pissedd ~_~

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 46StandaaR` Oct 29 2008, 19:57 PM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Oct 29 2008, 20:07 PM) *

Some people would say 'read the fucking topic man'
obviously i wont do that and simply link you to the already posted answer from EA:
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=5109589

u just did tongue.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 47EyEamZer0~ Oct 29 2008, 20:05 PM
sleep.gif finally got everything installed, including a patch, and what comes up....oh yea, serial invalid.

Great start, I must say. ^^

Clan: Team|Alias

+
# 48Vitensby Oct 29 2008, 21:11 PM
Well, I went out and bought the Premiere Edition. Same thing, serial invalid.

Whatever they say I find it one heck of a coincidence that not 1 person so far on this forum from all around the world has been able to get online sad.gif Guess I will have to be disappointed for a day, just like with Generals and just like with CC3. 3 for 3 now EA across 3 different computers and 5 years.

Oh well, lets just hope this gets fixed fast. smile.gif

+
# 49Di3SofT Oct 29 2008, 21:24 PM

Hey everyone,

Too many multiple threads for me to reply in, so here is the official word on BOTH serial key issues right now.

SERIAL KEY ISSUE #1 - My key says it is invalid and I cannot get online

There were a small amount of keys in the early distribution which were not pre-loaded in to our backend, thus that is why it's tell you it is invalid. This is a similar issue we experienced during the Beta Test. This will be resolved by the end of day TODAY. By tonight, or at latest tomorrow morning, anyone experiencing this particular issue should be able to get online without a problem. Many of you may not even experience this.

SERIAL KEY ISSUE #2 - My manual has 19 digits instead of 20 for the serial key

To our misfortune, another small set of the first run of manuals misprinted the serial keys, leaving one digit off. Our Customer Support team will be posting a simple FAQ proces at help.commandandconquer.com where you can contact them and they will quickly help you fix your key.

However, there is a quick workaround if you do not want to go through that process.

The last digit of your serial key will either be a number from 0 - 9 or a letter from A - Z. Using a quick proces of elimination, simply type a number or letter at the end of the serial key until it activates. There is a maximum of 36 possible entries, so it's likely you'll hit the correct number or letter before then. It's not the most glamorous workaround, but its quick and painless and will save you some time from contacting Customer Support if you don't wish to do that.

We apologize for these two serial key issues. Both were absolutely out of our hands and while seemingly unacceptable, we hope you can understand. For most of you, this should not be an issue by tomorrow, especially when everyone starts getting online. Any more updates on critical issues or any of the above, i'll keep you posted.

-APOC

My local GameStop has the game. Now comes the question. To be or not to be? Anyways, this doesn't look like that big of a problem other than calling up customer service etc. Just a big buzzkill for those who wanted to buy the game and enjoy MP.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 50ThOR Oct 29 2008, 21:33 PM
Both were absolutely out of our hands

Hmm... ;p

+
# 51cooljets Oct 29 2008, 21:43 PM
Anyone else with the serial problem? Lets try to get a game on Hamachi? Has anyone tried this yet?

+
# 52Elletg Oct 29 2008, 22:01 PM
QUOTE(Vitensby @ Oct 29 2008, 22:11 PM) *

Whatever they say I find it one heck of a coincidence that not 1 person so far on this forum from all around the world has been able to get online

Actually some have been able to get online. A few friends of mine from Singapore, Holland and Belgium have been online playing.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 53cooljets Oct 29 2008, 22:15 PM
Found a hamachi server.

Name: RA3fail
PW: asdf

+
# 54Vitensby Oct 29 2008, 22:23 PM
QUOTE(ThOR @ Oct 29 2008, 14:33 PM) *

Hmm... ;p

Its prolly an issue with gamespy not doing their end properly, what they are coomunicating I think is prolly true.

QUOTE(Elletg @ Oct 29 2008, 15:01 PM) *

Actually some have been able to get online. A few friends of mine from Singapore, Holland and Belgium have been online playing.

Thats encouraging glad some people can enjoy multi smile.gif

+
# 55AgmLauncher Oct 29 2008, 22:25 PM
GameSpy sure are dragging their feet on this one.....

Do they have to add these serial keys by hand???

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 56ThOR Oct 29 2008, 22:29 PM
Its prolly an issue with gamespy not doing their end properly, what they are coomunicating I think is prolly true.

"Absolutely out of our hands" is a bit much tho. After all EA does choose its vendors smile.gif

+
# 57Di3SofT Oct 29 2008, 22:42 PM
Gamespy not doing their job right D:
This is like a trip down memory lane.
If EA actually forgot to put in all the keys into the database that would not be a good way to release a game that they spent so much money hyping. But it wouldn't surprise me since they already made the same mistake with the 19-digit keys.

+
# 58Vitensby Oct 29 2008, 23:28 PM
QUOTE(Di3SofT @ Oct 29 2008, 15:42 PM) *

Gamespy not doing their job right D:
This is like a trip down memory lane.
If EA actually forgot to put in all the keys into the database that would not be a good way to release a game that they spent so much money hyping. But it wouldn't surprise me since they already made the same mistake with the 19-digit keys.

Well in the Company of heroes Opposing Fronts beta, the first batch of keys from fileplanet were missing much more then just 1 digit. Infact if I remember correctly, its been a year, they had to release a new batch of keys and delay the beta a bit because of it. My point is its not unheard of to happen though its rather embarrassing and unnecessary for a retail game.

+
# 59PaPerBaG. Oct 29 2008, 23:41 PM
This is so ridiculous, not working for me either.

I live on the east coast US, First 2 game stores promise me it going to be on the 28th that wasn't the case now this....

If it will just fix itself in a couple days I mine as well play the campaigns but bs and gl if I have to contact customer service. I just have fears bc of that "only can install 5x" security thing which is why im scared to touch the game (re-install or uninstall)

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 60SensFaiL Oct 29 2008, 23:50 PM
cool i have a invalid serial! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SensFaiL: Oct 29 2008, 23:50 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)