Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

MARDERS

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Skaevola Dec 23 2008, 16:54 PM
Alright first an introduction, I obviously don't regularly play brits because there boring as fuck to play with or against. Today I played random match got stuck with the brits on sturzdorf. I figured I'd move my big bus to the high fuel and just camp there until I got cromwells and just rape the poor guy. Sure enough it all works until he starts marder spamming. Now, this puts me in a bit of a bind. My tommies can't damage the marder significantly, and my cromwells can't damage it because they get totally owned (flanking it worked at first but then he got more) Now, being the smart individual I am I brought out the brits only mobile at PIATS. I quickly concluded that piats are the fucking most worthless piece of shit AT I have ever seen. No flanking tanks with them because the move the speed of fucking molasses in enemy territory. They died extremely quickly with just a couple pgs focus firing on them. And, EVEN IF YOU DO GET THEM IN POSITION THEY DO SHIT DAMAGE AND MISS MOST OF THE TIME.

2 questions

WHY THE FUCK DID RELIC GIVE BRITS FUCKING PIATS? WHY NOT JUST USE EVEN FUCKING BAZOOKAS WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

WITHOUT ANY HAND HELD AT HOW THE HELL DO YOU KILL MARDERS? INFANTRY DON"T DAMAGE THEM (WITHOUT AT) AND TANKS GET KILLED BY THEM!

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2helllomoto Dec 23 2008, 17:15 PM
Brien guns do little damage but combined with Stuart circle strafe will kills it easy and 17 pound will kill ii in seconds and there always fire fly and Cromwell circle strafes and to be this honest is a bit of a stupid post cool2.gif

+
# 3piwawsky Dec 23 2008, 17:22 PM
hellomoto is right,try to circle-strafe it with cromwell, while focus fire/flank it/them with FF.
but Skaevola has the point there about PIATs,they trooly are worthless,I never bother buying them (anymore)...just repair sappers.

and yeah, the only british answer to tanks is circling with cromms and hitting from the distance with FF.

+
# 4LeadCuresCancer Dec 23 2008, 22:53 PM
I had a long (2 1/2 hr game) on that nub map lyon where I decided that ffs were not working as at so I started to spam piats (8 comm squads full) all of them got decimated by a panther.

+
# 5burninglegionx Dec 24 2008, 03:57 AM
1) Always go fast stuart vs PE in a 1vs1, and learn to use the stuart only as a defensive weapon.

My build order: LT, 2nd tommy, move HQ onto nearby (relatively safe) fuel, 3rd tommy if necessary, support truck at 30 fuel, captain, stuart, sapper, armor command, cromwells.

2) Don't choose a doctrine until you see the marders.
If you see a marder rush, your stuart can circle strafe and win in a 1vs1 battle.
If there's 2 or more marders, you need a churchill until you get over-repaired cromwells to flank/circle strafe. So wait till mid-game (to see PE's tech direction) before choosing a doctrine, to be safe.

after you repel initial marder rush,

lay down a 17 pounder to keep the marders away

stuart, churchill, cromwells, tommies+LT will have little trouble handling the marders: churchill is your cannon fodder, cromwells are your flankers, and stuart use canister shots to keep PG blobs away from your tanks.

If you were delayed/cut-off during early game and you sense a marder coming... support truck, sapper + PIAT in trench is your best hope.

p.s

try not to build more than 1~2 vickers (and no other tier 1 emplacements other than trenches), or you'll be short on MP to do a proper 'fast' stuart.

Don't panic and don't spam churchills unless you're desperate. Churchills are quite expensive and cost a lot of pop-cap, so try to stick to these counters:
1 marder = 1 stuart
2 marders = 1 stuart + 1 churchill
3 marders = 1 stuart + 1 churchill + button + over-repair or PIAT sapper
4 marders = cromwell + button + 1 stuart + 1 churchill + over-repair or PIAT sapper

make sure your tommies are at the front of your army to take AT-fires.

Your vehicles cannot drive back to base with a push of a button, but your tommies can, and they usually make it back alive, so you send your tanks back first, then hit retreat on tommies (unless tommies get charged by a blob of mp44 nazis, then you should consider running tommies first).

This post has been edited by burninglegionx: Dec 24 2008, 04:04 AM

Game: StarCraft

+
# 6kettenspamftw Dec 24 2008, 05:30 AM
depending on how well you play and how fast you react to the first marder, get a stuart and circle flank.

cut the PE off by using recon squad decapping strategic point and make trench in neutral territory. that's you best counter.

this will force him to waste fuel.

i bet you don't know how to sit in trench and delete it right? you don't have to necessarily go for fast stuart. always get double sappers, one with piats and other with expert engies (overrepair).

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7KZ41 Dec 24 2008, 08:03 AM
Camp/harass his fuel the best you can, get that stuart ASAP then hold out for crom/ff. One 17 pdr in a strategic position (ie. guarding a hot zone, like his fuel) can be effective in staying alive until you get that brit armor. A lot depends on the early inf game and how you handle capping/countering his fuel capping. If you get set back early against a good PE player as brits it may as well be gg.

+
# 8PanzerLehrDivision Dec 24 2008, 13:49 PM
honestly, iv nearly always have a stuart running around somewhere b4 he gets his Marder out. if thats not the case, thats because you dont have pressured him in the begin.

stuart vs Marder should always result in a dead marder and a half health stuart imo. just circlestrafe it, keep running circles around the marder until its gone.

Brits have lalger issues to deal with imo.

and about the PIAT's, they do deal decent damage, but you have to get in close. Add a LT for accuracy, adn the marder will be gone b4 he takes 5 shots.

+
# 9piwawsky Dec 24 2008, 22:22 PM
QUOTE(PanzerLehrDivision @ Dec 24 2008, 14:49 PM) *

honestly, iv nearly always have a stuart running around somewhere b4 he gets his Marder out. if thats not the case, thats because you dont have pressured him in the begin.

stuart vs Marder should always result in a dead marder and a half health stuart imo. just circlestrafe it, keep running circles around the marder until its gone.

Brits have lalger issues to deal with imo.

and about the PIAT's, they do deal decent damage, but you have to get in close. Add a LT for accuracy, adn the marder will be gone b4 he takes 5 shots.

1. PE player rarely puts only marder on field...usually it is followed by schrecks so it's harder but yeah, we all know sturat vs marder=strafe

2. PIATs suck big time! They take ages to shoot and even when they do they tend to miss.

but hey, all can be done.
I just had (and won) a game when 1 crom took 2 marders down...
so it's actually all about the micro...ok and of the level of the opponent laugh.gif

I just adore marder + 1 shreck combo... (U must have some munitions available thouhg...)
just come close,pump that shotgun in shrecks's face, and the rest is history.
nothing better than destroying 550MP with (if lucky) fully-healthy stuart u0udiablo.gif

+
# 10USMCkill Dec 25 2008, 10:06 AM
Actually PIATS dont suck u guys just need to understand the mechanics and accuracy modifiers that cmoe with officers..do u send a brit infantry squad into battle with an LT and maybe a CPT around...no...same thing goes with PIATs and if u c a lot of marders your best bet until you can get a decent amount of croms or ff's is 2 or more PIAT squads and 2 LT's..the 2 Lt's actually make PIATS quite accurate and do lots of damage and with a CPT around as well they can take some more punishment.

+
# 11Rizky Dec 25 2008, 14:30 PM
There was another topic of the same thing just a couple topics beloew this one...

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=430391

Clan: Insane

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 12Skaevola Dec 26 2008, 05:33 AM
You forget that:
A. My topic is way cooler
B. That topic is about Marder RUSHES

Every solution you guys have given, which is basically to just circle strafe it fails utterly if he even has just two Marders or shreks, or even just another vehichle (KETTEN!) lying around. My micro is definitely above average. (have been playing EIR which requires a whole lot)

This post has been edited by Skaevola: Dec 26 2008, 05:34 AM

+
# 13Rizky Dec 26 2008, 06:56 AM
Well ok. You could get a 25p howitzer to deal with them because they probably site their main-gun and will be unable to move. Tetrachs have pretty nice damage so you could try to make a several of them and over-repair of course. Then you get the little-john adapter and attack with all of them. He probably won't be having teller mines because he isn't expecting it.

IMO. PIAT sappers are only recommeded very early game if he goes straight to marders because later game they will just get raped by armored cars, MP44s, G43 masses etc.

Clan: Insane

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 14greySynapse Jan 3 2009, 03:52 AM
PIATs are alright, 25 Pounders, 17 Pounders, and a well microed Stuart can deal with up to two Mardars.

Game: None

+
# 15DucknCover Jan 3 2009, 04:10 AM
PIATs do nice damage but they seem to never really hit anything.

I wouldn't using the PIATs for an offensive punch unless I have 2 squads and I've got 2 Lts. (Yes by this time I'd have a 'blob').

If I'm no planning to make a second Lt. or I only plan to make 1 PIAT squad, then I'd probably use it defensively (depending on the situation, I might go on the offensive).

Marders don't have heavy armour IMO, so PIATs should take 'em down, stuarts circle them easily (make 2 if you have to), tetrachs work too, churchills are too slow IMO so be careful with them, and Arty works wonders on those marders.

+
# 16turkeynuggett838 Jan 3 2009, 11:55 AM
Firefly >>>>All PE armour bar maybe panthers and jadgpanther.

+
# 17Pipee Jan 3 2009, 18:27 PM
17 pounder. I imagine it would take 3 marders to counter one of these. They can however be taken out easily by shreks or AT grenades but if you have anti infantry stuff around then you should be ok. 1 17 pounder and a stuart or tetrarch if your really stuck against marder spam. well microed stuart usually works against them anyway. I like PIAT ambush aswell.

+
# 18DucknCover Jan 4 2009, 04:29 AM
Nooo, no 17-pounders. It makes you somewhat resort to sim-citying and it's immobile which makes it useful for about 5 minutes and becomes a target for the rest of the game.

+
# 19xccam Jan 11 2009, 11:09 AM
QUOTE(FunkyMojene2 @ Jan 3 2009, 11:55 AM) *

Firefly >>>>All PE armour.

fixed.

+
# 20burninglegionx Jan 11 2009, 15:44 PM
firefly+commandos/churchill+cromwells+tommies+PIATs <<< PE's shreks+marders+mp44s+G43s

and Marders are 100mp cheaper, and cost less than half the fuel. With shreks added ontop of that, and hetzers tanking for marders, fireflies don't have much chance.

Game: StarCraft

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)