Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

RA3 Balance Patch Notes Preview v2.0

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Platinum Jan 16 2009, 04:33 AM
Ok guys. I've revised the patch list. Please give it the once over and let me know how much it still sucks. Note: These are not final, but i'm running out of time to make changes, so please give me specific feedback as quickly as possible.

-GB

Parachuting drop speed increased.

The range bonus applied to infantry in garrisons reduced to 25% (was 100%).

Aircraft Return To Base speed boost reduced to 25% from 50%.

Allied Vindicator (unupgraded) reload time increased to 15s from 5s
Allied Vindicator (upgraded) reload time increased to 10s from 3.5s.

Allied Apollo speed reduced to 225 from 250.
Allied Apollo now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the Mig, Tengu, and other Apollos.
Allied Apollo ammo reduced by 25%.

Allied Century Bomber reload time increased by 50%

Allied Multigunner Turret (ungarrisoned) damage versus infantry reduced by 50%.

Allied IFV cost reduced to 800 from 900.

Allied Aircraft Carrier Drone health doubled.

Allied Assault Destroy build cost reduced to 1500 from 1800.

Japan Burst Drone vulnerability to FLAK & AUTO_CANNON damage reduced by 25%.

Japan Imperial Warrior armor penalty while Bonzai Charging removed.

Japan Balloon Bomb reload time now increases based on its level.

Japan Final Squadron reload time now increases based on its level.

Japan Enhanced Kamikaze damage done to friendly units reduced by 50%

Japan Defender-VX base defense unpack time halved.
Japan Defender-VX base defense transform cool-down time reduced to 2 seconds from 15.

Japanese Production Structures (Barracks, Naval Yard, War Factory) gain 25% health with each tech level purchased.

Japan Barracks Egg cost decreased to 500 from 750.
Japan Barracks T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.

Japan Power Plant cost reduced to 800 from 1000.

Japan Naval Yard T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.

Japan War Factory T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.

Japan Mainframe Core build cost decreased to 2500 from 3000.
Japan Mainframe Core unpack time increased to 30s from 16s.

Soviet Bullfrog Man-Cannon launch speed increased.

Soviet Conscript gun damage increased by 25%.

Soviet MiG speed reduced to 200 from 225.
Soviet MiGs now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the Mig, Tengu, and other Apollos.

Soviet Ultratorpedo damage reduced to 300 from 400. Damage now tapers to 100 at the edge of the blast radius.

Soviet Twinblade health reduced to 500 from 600.
Soviet Twinblade passenger capacity reduced to 3 from 5.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Echo Jan 16 2009, 04:48 AM
I see someone's been reading that thread a lot happy.gif

I see a few potential issues (double nerf for twin blades might be a bit much) but I'm sure they will be discussed in depth here.

Thanks Greg!

Edit: That's a lot of empire buffs pirate.gif
Edit #2: Aircraft carrier buff and Apollo ammo nerf is a good idea.

This post has been edited by Echo: Jan 16 2009, 04:51 AM

Game: AirMech

+
# 3Foxboxx Jan 16 2009, 04:50 AM
Wow. I love your Empire tech changes. We've been wanting this done to our tech system for so long!

I'm glad you decided against giving the Conscript such a drastic damage increase, as that really would have led to some nasty spammage of them.

I like the changes for the most part. I believe the IFV needs a bit more. Just adjusting the price by 100 credits isn't going to change the fact that most of its modes are not very useful. Make the Javelin IFV worthwhile with either a range increase or a damage increase, just not both.

Clan: Team|Alias

+
# 4Oreb Jan 16 2009, 04:50 AM
Only complaint I still have is cryo health being through the roof, that or the harv freezing being almost instant.

Other then that, empire looks really really playable now. I'm guessing, but a tier 3 mecha bay would take around 8 adv. aero vinds to bring it down. WTF.gif

It does seem worth it with all they put into it.

My only worry is if the buffs are to much, they don't seem it, but you never know.

Game: Hardware

+
# 5TehGevon Jan 16 2009, 04:52 AM
IPB Image

I love you Platinum

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6DethFanatic Jan 16 2009, 04:54 AM
getting there, definately looking like much better patch notes, but akulas will still rape allies because even with price nerf for assault destroyers, they will still suck..

dont nerf century bombers, that change is pretty unneeded o.o

Less power given by the super reactor is definately a must for this patch, make Jav IFV do damage please, 10% hp nerf to cryo and look at possible ways to change allies mirrors being simply just PK spam.

Basically in a nutshell, your post is looking better, but change how allies cannot defend cost effectively vs akula subs, and PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD give us some alternatives to PK spam in A v A.

Also, great empire buffs, right where they are needed, will give them just enough cash early on to be more competitive, and hopefully allow them to be competitive right through the later stages of the game.

Although, if you are going to buff empire this much, PLEASE nerf shoguns! smile.gif

This post has been edited by DethFanatic: Jan 16 2009, 05:10 AM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 7Xenith Jan 16 2009, 04:54 AM
Off the top of my head the only thing I would add/change is a buff to jav IFVs and the carrying capacity of twinblades reduced to 4 instead of 3. Thx for the update Greg wub.gif

Edit: Oh yes, and the cryo health/harv freeze time issues

This post has been edited by Xenith: Jan 16 2009, 04:54 AM

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 8Demonic Spoon Jan 16 2009, 04:57 AM
Not sure the 25% damage increase is enough to make conscripts really useful. Also, no tesla trooper changes?

Also, is there any way that the change to garrison range could be applied to neutral structures but not battle bunkers?

Not sure about the removal of the vindi nerfs...but the RTB change probably helps with that, and the new reload time nerf should allow plenty of time for counterattack while they're on the ground, so probably fine.

This post has been edited by Demonic Spoon: Jan 16 2009, 04:58 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 9Oreb Jan 16 2009, 04:58 AM
I just found something, while on paper and in practice it could be wrong. An empire player might be able to support a dojo build, with 2 ref/2pp and tech up to a shogun without having little hassle at all, and still make inf from the dojo.

I still reckon a shogun health nerf, or damage nerf against the tier 2 naval superiority units only should happen. Leave its health against everything else untouched.

+
# 10Foxboxx Jan 16 2009, 04:59 AM
Oh, the Shogun probably needs a nerf to its hp vs Dolphins (whatever type of weapon they fire) and Torpedos. Empire should be able to compete now, so the Shogun might be a bit too much.

Also, please lower the health of the Cryocopter, since you're lowering the health of the Twinblade, as they were both flying tanks for the most part.

+
# 11The Bandit's Might Jan 16 2009, 05:01 AM
QUOTE(Platinum @ Jan 15 2009, 23:33 PM) *

Allied Century Bomber reload time increased by 50%

This is not necessary.

+
# 12Demonic Spoon Jan 16 2009, 05:02 AM
This is not necessary.

Compensates for the buff to their secondary.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 13Oreb Jan 16 2009, 05:04 AM
Centuries are almost never used in a game, there should be some incentive to use them, other then the fact they can para drop. Perhaps 15% speed increase on bombing run only?

But I see no reason for such a nerf.

+
# 14Ang3lic Jan 16 2009, 05:05 AM
Greg would it be possible to work out key unit bugs with this patch too?

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 15Carnivorous Sheep Jan 16 2009, 05:05 AM
A double nerf to Twinblades? Hmm...IDK, might be a bit excessive.

A huge price decrease in both Barracks and Power Plant for empire. Probably needed, but more moderate. 900 Power Plant?

+
# 16bubba Jan 16 2009, 05:07 AM
Greg. Is it Greg? That looks a lot better after the first read.

This post has been edited by bubba: Jan 16 2009, 05:08 AM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 17Oreb Jan 16 2009, 05:08 AM
A huge price decrease in both Barracks and Power Plant for empire. Probably needed, but more moderate. 900 Power Plant?

With the average empire player goign 2 pp + dojo, it gives them an extra 750 cash early game. Which means they can actually expand to a third ref if they need almost no hassle, isntead of staying at home base.

+
# 18ShadowTerran_II Jan 16 2009, 05:11 AM
QUOTE(Platinum @ Jan 16 2009, 13:33 PM) *

Ok guys. I've revised the patch list. Please give it the once over and let me know how much it still sucks. Note: These are not final, but i'm running out of time to make changes, so please give me specific feedback as quickly as possible.

It looks much better than v1.0 biggrin.gif

i disagree with only 2 things in this list.

[1] Allied Century Bomber reload time increased by 50%

Bomber is UP unit which ppl does not make in 1vs1.
so i hope their reload time stays the same.
But if u r wanting all craft's reload time increase..
how about decreasing its price 10% while increasing its reload time.

[2] Japan Barracks Egg cost decreased to 500 from 750.

Japan's Egg can move around and can be place in a sneaky place
+ it can even roll over dogs or bears. ( in early Beta Japan Rax was 1 of the OP thing b4 they got patch )
so i think its cost shouldnt be same as other factions' rax.
how about 600 ?_? instead of 500.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 19Oreb Jan 16 2009, 05:14 AM
One thing that needs to be adressed is that the shogun might become OP with this. Before it was more of the only thing going for empire when they wanted a win competitively late game.

Now they look competitive all round, and would easily get shoguns and basically rape. Since it has almost no negatives to it, with the high damage, huge range, high rof, and almost 100% tracking accuracy.

+
# 20Foxboxx Jan 16 2009, 05:16 AM
Oh, and I really can't stress this enough: the Shogun needs a small nerf.

Before, it was tough to just survive long enough to tech a Naval Yard to tier 3, and it was tough to keep your opponent from destroying it, so that was the Shogun's main weakness. But now, it should be pretty easy to get a Shogun out, maybe even easy to fast tech to them.

The Shogun's damage vs naval units should probably be nerfed, along with its hp toward Dolphins and Torpedos.

If you nerf its damage toward structures and land units, make sure you program its AI to always focus both turrets on the same target, rather than you having to angle it perfectly for it to do so.

This post has been edited by Foxboxx: Jan 16 2009, 05:19 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)