Command and Conquer 3

New strategy vs Nod late game for GDI

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Sh0ckTr34tment Mar 14 2009, 11:09 AM
Something that I've been trying lately is going for an engi+apc into nod command post then having a couple of apcs with engis ready and then when capturing command post using stealth on a group of other apcs making them all invisible. This then gives you a chance to walk right into an opponents base giving them no chance to see it coming. Also kinda works late game with a commando in an invisible apc, pop him out, destroy something then pop back in and run away.

What do you guys think to this?

This post has been edited by BoyNud0: Mar 14 2009, 11:11 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2Cloverfield Mar 15 2009, 11:44 AM
LOL this would be funny to do

+
# 3Engi Mar 15 2009, 14:43 PM
In theory it sounds great, in reality you've got a Very Very small time frame in which to do so, not to mention the time spent preparing the apc engineers and money spent stealth'ing them (well that's in high-level matches anyways). I'm sure it'd kickass in a 2vs2 or friendly game

Clan: Ani-Fags

Game: None

+
# 4Disco2Disco Mar 16 2009, 18:33 PM
I've seen APC/Eng being stealthed in a 2v2 before, its very effective. smile.gif

+
# 5IKMS Aug 29 2009, 14:15 PM
It does sound like it could be a really effective strategy!

Edit : Spell checked the heading for you.

This post has been edited by IKMS: Aug 29 2009, 14:16 PM

+
# 6TridentPoison Aug 30 2009, 11:49 AM
happened to me once in a 2v2 post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 7X-Flame Aug 30 2009, 12:06 PM
Do you have the rep? I'd love to see this in action.

+
# 8TridentPoison Aug 30 2009, 16:29 PM
no i was noob at the time and i dont think i knew about saving reps post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 9Disco2Disco Aug 30 2009, 20:14 PM
This would be fail tbh in 1v1 since the Nod player in all likely hood would have a Venom or two.

+
# 10TridentPoison Aug 30 2009, 21:13 PM
QUOTE(Disco2Disco @ Aug 30 2009, 21:14 PM) *

This would be fail tbh in 1v1 since the Nod player in all likely hood would have a Venom or two.

hmm well seeing as he capped the op center and the apc engis would be coming straight away after the stealthage i dont think the player (iif the tactic done correctly) would be able to build a venom, nor would you build a venom during that stage of play (from the games ive watched and played).

+
# 11Greasy Sep 1 2009, 04:54 AM
i usually always sell off my radar once i get the tech up.bu yea it sounds cool. ud have to be quick and cancel build ques to get the money for it. it cost liek 3000 dollars to use the stealth , plus apc's engies or whatevre u wanna use.....i dont really know how this could be used late game when ur strugglin for monney...more of liek a mid-late game strat....but yea would be halarious to see biggrin.gif

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 12Disco2Disco Sep 1 2009, 22:10 PM
Like I've said before, I have seen it used in 2v2 to great effect but not in 1v1. I've seen a lot of replays, and not seen it used once. Thats not to say it wouldnt work, just that the prob of success is very narrow. smile.gif

It would be better if you can get your APC/Engineer at your opponents op's centre to go for the higher prizes of MCV, tech etc rather than attempting to go for an ops centre and then return to go for the mcv second time around.

If you take all your APc/Engi in on the first go, then target the ops centre before going for the MCV then all you are doing is alerting your opponent to the fact that there are APC/Engi around.

In the unlikely event that the opps centre is not near to a more valuable structure then possibly it may be an idea to go for it and use this tactic, however it may also be more profitable to your chances of a successful game (i.e. a win for you) to target a refinery and get hurt their income. Incedently if you do capture an ops centre it may be wise to sell it and use the resultant black hands to make a pretty effective GDI flame tank by placing them inside the vacant APC. Hey presto you have an anti-infantry and anti-structure unit all rolled into one.

Alternatively if you cannot capture their MCV and an ops centre is the only thing you can capture, then what I would do is place a RAX or two (or one hundred) and spam engineers. I would also place a few watchtowers to give said engineers some protection and also to protect the ops centre from being retaken by your opponents likely HoN and his sabs.

And who said I was noob! laugh.gif

[Just in case Trident I know you didnt call me a noob its my own self depreciating humour! smile.gif )

+
# 13BobbyFrankyJim Jan 30 2010, 05:01 AM
couldn't this tact be beaten by a defence turret

Game: Tiberium Alliances

+
# 14Liang Hu BBB Jan 30 2010, 08:55 AM
Take the colour green and do engi plane drops.It is basically the same because they are extremely hard to spot,if you sneak them properly around the map.

+
# 15bike_rush_ownz Feb 18 2010, 12:27 PM
how can u do it in 1vs1 ? wtf gdi can not st apcs can do it in 2vs2 lol all did it in 2007 or mcv move and ally flame and maybe tech its ok but vs good players 100% fail be coz thier seeit comeing or if not lol i go try it and post replay in her if it works

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 16smartyboy Apr 6 2010, 16:06 PM
QUOTE(BoyNud0 @ Mar 14 2009, 16:39 PM) *

Something that I've been trying lately is going for an engi+apc into nod command post then having a couple of apcs with engis ready and then when capturing command post using stealth on a group of other apcs making them all invisible. This then gives you a chance to walk right into an opponents base giving them no chance to see it coming. Also kinda works late game with a commando in an invisible apc, pop him out, destroy something then pop back in and run away.

TheAffidavit aka SmartyBoy :

what u said is not bad but it has no sense !

Just see the expenditure u make here : u said it is a late game and so u have no resources (right?)

2 apcs and 2 eng cost = 2400
other apcs around 3 = 2100
u use cloaking feild = 3000
commando = 2000
often not many build armory and it costs = 1500 (to make commando)

so it totally costs 11k LOL !!!!!!!!
u are just dumping 11k for it and u know pretty well that nod venoms kill commando in seconds and also how can u run back ? what would u do if he stealth his base with towers ?
u already captured his operation center and why will he be careless next time ?
he build defences round his base and put some units guarding around !!!!!!

thats why this trick never works and also u need 11k money which make u an airfeild + 4 firehawks + still u can have like 5k cash left !

***this trick never works***

Another trick which works with distraction 100 % :
u have 2 apcs and 2 eng inside right ?
call for transport and sneak the planes, and meanwhile make a silly attack on enemy's spike or attack directly the base fronstside (medium attack)
now take 2 planes back side and unload engineers from them and capture buildings ^^

This post has been edited by smartyboy: Apr 6 2010, 16:23 PM

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 17Sh0ckTr34tment Apr 26 2010, 23:34 PM
I've used this tactic vs clueless players and it's really quite funny to watch them go insane when their base blows up and they don't know wtf is doing it.

You dont have to have the engis or commando ready, just 3 apcs which are fairly handy in normal combat anyway. When they are then stealthed you can load them with whatever you want. Besides, if you did have 3 apc engis ready even if the first apc engi fails to get the ops center then the other apc engis can be used to try and go for another run or just to go for his mcv or tech or whatever.

Edit: Replay showing it in use although in 2v2

This post has been edited by Sh0ckTr34tment: Apr 30 2010, 13:04 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File apc_commando.CNC3Replay
Size: 688.55k
Number of downloads: 25
Player Name Side Team
AmOrI-love-edam* 1
GR.org|_-kiMOsaBE-_| 1
BrAvais-PearsoN 2
Frey_Heinz 2

+
# 18JustDuelAndLose Aug 6 2012, 21:28 PM
QUOTE(BoyNud0 @ Mar 14 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Easier said than done. Dead topic btw reading now. biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)