Team Fortress 2

It's not TFC so it sucks

Reply to this topic Start new topic
Warning ,
# 1EchelonThree Mar 29 2009, 02:34 AM
http://insomnia.ac/reviews/pc/teamfortress2/

http://forum.insomnia.ac/viewtopic.php?t=2659

http://forum.insomnia.ac/memberlist.php

I couldn't help but to laugh when I read this off the GFAQs forums.

It's a total rantfest of blah blah blah....

Lemme just point out some contradictions

Crazy Man: "I've been in over 100 competitive scrims and over 30 league matches in TF2 before I quit. I've watched dozens of demos of the top TF2 teams, observing their strategies and class selections. I think I might know a bit more about the game than you do. "

This, after he discussed how crits and random damage in competitve scrims were ruining the game.

Crazy Man: "Yet Rocketjumps and Sticky-bomb jumps are piss easy to learn and master. Grenade and Conc jumps however took loads of practice to get your timing just right. A second off and you just waisted a valuable jump that may determine whether or not you get the flag. "

Bullshit.

Crazy Man: "In TF2, the Scout utterly destroys everything but Heavies and Sentry guns. As such, they are his main counters and are indeed very hard counters. I'm all for a highly skilled Scout taking down a really crappy Heavy though. I'm not however for a crappy Scout being able to utterly disable an invincible and skilled Heavy with some imba weapon that the player unlocked after grinding for achievements. The new Sandman bat is going to utterly destroy the Heavy as he's too slow to dodge projectiles. He doesn't get enough usage in competitive play as it is."

What Crasy Man said in the review:
"I don't find that in competitive play in 6 vs. 6 games without class limits teams consist of:

Demoman
Demoman
Demoman
Medic
Medic
Medic "

He said the scout owns everything... yet his amazing team consists of demomen and medics

Go read the forum thread for a good way to see how admin's SHOULDN'T behave =P

I'm gonna hunt down those guys who stood up for the game and invite them to GR personally =P....

This post has been edited by EchelonThree: Mar 29 2009, 02:42 AM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Derek Mar 31 2009, 06:36 AM
Wow, the admin there was a complete retard no a power trip. Though admittedly it sounds like they were getting swarmed by the Steam forums, so I can kind of understand him getting angry. But he completely failed to read well thought-out posts contradicting the reviewer's and his own opinions that pointed out the obvious flaws in logic and clear lack of experience, and then proceeded to delete almost everything (one guy tried to make some kind of analogy with WoW, but I'll never know what it was as he deleted what appeared to be a central part of an argument).

He and the reviewer also claimed that the game was made from the ground up for the 360, somehow ignoring the fact that the 360 version has gotten absolutely no support. His main evidence for this claim were the removal of features that apparently couldn't fit on the buttons on a 360 controller, and the relative slowness of the game. The first ignores the fact that popular and entirely PC-centric games like Quake3 only have a few controls that could easily be mapped to a console controller, while the second ignores slow games like Counter-Strike that are equally unplayable on consoles.

Basically they know absolutely nothing about TF2, and cover up their ignorance with power abuse. Yay!

On the plus side, I discovered that my idea of a TF2 variant consisting of 9v9 with one player of each class actually does exist! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Derek: Mar 31 2009, 06:37 AM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3EchelonThree Mar 31 2009, 09:00 AM
QUOTE(Derek @ Mar 31 2009, 14:36 PM) *

Wow, the admin there was a complete retard no a power trip. Though admittedly it sounds like they were getting swarmed by the Steam forums, so I can kind of understand him getting angry. But he completely failed to read well thought-out posts contradicting the reviewer's and his own opinions that pointed out the obvious flaws in logic and clear lack of experience, and then proceeded to delete almost everything (one guy tried to make some kind of analogy with WoW, but I'll never know what it was as he deleted what appeared to be a central part of an argument).

He and the reviewer also claimed that the game was made from the ground up for the 360, somehow ignoring the fact that the 360 version has gotten absolutely no support. His main evidence for this claim were the removal of features that apparently couldn't fit on the buttons on a 360 controller, and the relative slowness of the game. The first ignores the fact that popular and entirely PC-centric games like Quake3 only have a few controls that could easily be mapped to a console controller, while the second ignores slow games like Counter-Strike that are equally unplayable on consoles.

Basically they know absolutely nothing about TF2, and cover up their ignorance with power abuse. Yay!
On the plus side, I discovered that my idea of a TF2 variant consisting of 9v9 with one player of each class actually does exist! tongue.gif

It's called highlander, it was the tournament type I specialized in.

Why highlander? Because there can only be one!

+
# 4Taikis Mar 31 2009, 15:22 PM
I dislike Conc-jumping.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 5Tigerphant Apr 2 2009, 06:50 AM
QUOTE(Derek @ Mar 30 2009, 22:36 PM) *

Sounds pretty interesting. I feel sorry for the poor medic biggrin.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6EchelonThree Apr 2 2009, 06:59 AM
QUOTE(Tigerphant @ Apr 2 2009, 14:50 PM) *

Sounds pretty interesting. I feel sorry for the poor medic biggrin.gif

As I said, it's called highlander, but with 9 players a side, the medic wouldn't have a lot to heal

+
# 7HaXxorIzed Apr 2 2009, 14:09 PM
So ... he knows absolutely nothing at all about how to play competitive TF2, despite claiming the opposite. Loolllllllllll.

I stopped watching Xensity Frag Video for that, he owes me my brain cells back sad.gif

Game: Blizzard

+
# 8Xtacc Apr 4 2009, 01:02 AM
I got one good thing out of that reveiw

"Binding a specific disguise/buildable to a button? Not enough buttons on a controller."

I didn't even think of this before. I have the G15 Logitech keyboard wiht some bind buttons that I really only use for chat in CoD4 (They're at B!!!)

Now I'm going to set it up to do specific disguises for the spy. One particular one is your own teams pyro. You never want to walk around as a spy, but as a pyro people are more likely to run away from you. To hit one button over 2 could mean disguising in time (if you set it to disguise as an enemy) or being noticed.

Other than that, complete crap.

+
# 9Taikis Apr 7 2009, 19:08 PM
I am wondering what I should bind Mouse 3 to do

Game: Team Fortress 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)