Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Official Retail Bug Thread

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Sean1604 Mar 31 2009, 09:01 AM
This will be the official retail bug thread. Please post potential and known bugs here only, anyone who does not adhere to this and posts random spam and/or flame will be warned and the post invisibled.

I and other moderators will update this main post with a list of known bugs for retail as well as any comment made about them by Relic. The format is as following
  • bug description [Relic comment]
Known bugs for 2.501:
  • AC freeze, wouldn't accept commands
Known bugs for 2.401:
  • Tiger Crew has no speech. [Reproduced. Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
  • MG's switching targets while garrisoned. [Reproduced and bug entered]
  • AT guns, Flak 88 cannot be repaired (Axis and Allies) [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
  • Howitzer Emplacements cannot be repaired (Allies) [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
  • Sometimes when opponents quit in automatch you still have to either annihilate your opponent or wait till the vp's tick down (playing against the CPU).
  • Nebelwerfers cannot be repaired [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
  • Axis Repair Bunkers do not repair Nebbelweffers or AT guns. [Bug submitted]
  • Wirecutters removing sandbags. [Not a bug, functionality added]
  • Wirecutters do not remove your own sandbags.
  • Wirbelwind pins on first bullet at short range.
  • Audio announcements (under attack, unit complete etc.) are half as loud as they were, and hardly noticeable if anything is going on onscreen.
  • "No control" bug. Sometimes when a squad starts to cap it can not respond or do anything (no retreat) untill its either finished with its action (capping) or is dead. Sometimes this bug also happens when giving an attack order. In other words the squad will even follow the enemy squad to their retreat point (base) and would charge and not respond.
  • Axis 88 cannot be repaired.
  • Commando artillery now drops onto the map one second after being called in (exactly like the old American off map howitzer drop 1 second bug).
  • Officer Artillery from the RCA British doctrine drops instantly as soon as it is used.
  • All mortar barrages can only be used in areas with line of sight, but no longer in the fog of war
  • The capture sound notification mixes up fuel and ammo.
  • Propaganda war appears bugged, my opponent used it on a single rifle squad as i was throwing a sticky bomb, and it had no effect. Possibly extends to grenades and other abilities too (untested). It was used sucessfully against me on other occasions in the same game.
  • Map going black on m8 collision with building.
  • M8s will target Pgrens over Armored cars. Targeting priorities mixed up.
  • Can't fire faust from volks at an enemy forward HQ. Volks run up to the side of the building and just sit there.
  • Assault grenades of Wehrmacht's blitzkrieg doctrine cannot target deployed weapon teams (AT guns, HMG, ...)
  • Allied AT gun apparently not moving out of a crater after it recieved Vet1, not sure if it still fires.
  • Problem with Nebelwerfers firing into the FOW, sounds similar to the bug posted about the allied mortar, except that it does work sometimes. Sounds are always heard even if it doesn't shoot.
  • My Opponent quit but the game doesnt end. AI doesnt take over
    Have to destroy his base to end the game or wait for vp's to tick down. Happens occasionally, have seen it myself (sean1604).
  • Maps have been reset to their original settings i.e lyon is in 2v2, st mere is in 1v1 automatch etc.
  • Problems with recon tommies sniping deployed weapon teams (MG, Mortar, PAK, etc.)
  • Bug? Nebelwerfer damage over time causes enough damage to US tier buildings to let them go down in the first barage.
  • Recon squad cant see not only mines, also they cant see snipers while moving.
  • British commando gliders now phase through obstacles as if they were ghosts.
  • If you click on a brit leutenant and then click on the maintain command range button and click on a valid squad, the button will remain yellow and have an active timer of -1 secs. The same staying yellow and active timer of -1 secs sometimes occurs on mortars when they won't barrage. It appears on a lot of other abilities too.
  • Crawl bug is still evident. randomly squads that are retreating stay in their pinned state as they are retreating to the HQ. Once they reach the HQ they are fine again.
  • Exploits can still be used from within buildings, riflemen using grenades, volks using faust etc. This was fixed in the beta but made it into retail.
  • Marders flash "repair/cloak ability obtained" (like the ket when choosing a doctrine) after being built.
  • British Stuart canister shot cannot be used on deployed weapon crews.
  • British infantry sections cannot use the "Button" ability out of trenches.
  • Tanks getting stuck when going by near a kettenkrad, not just tanks also light armor and pretty much any kind of vehicle. the unit will not move until you order the kettenkrad to move to another location even when the kettenkrad is side by side with the tank it would still get them stuck.
  • Nebelwerfer that get killed during a barrage will still finish it uncrewed.
  • Gliders can be landed in Axis HQ sectors.

This post has been edited by Yojimbo252: Apr 8 2009, 08:03 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2EmperorDodo Mar 31 2009, 09:08 AM
When your opponent drops you sometimes still need to anhillate his base/ get his tickets to 0/1
So in theory you can win while having dropped ô_ô

+
# 3adam_grif Mar 31 2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=5700122

Bug I posted in the other topic.

Other player dropped, game did not end, AI did not take over, his units idled until I finished them off.

+
# 4SeeN Mar 31 2009, 09:14 AM
- Nebelwerfers cannot be repaired [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
- Axis Repair Bunkers do not repair Nebbelweffers or AT guns. [Bug submitted]
- Tiger Crew has not speech. [Reproduced. Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
- Wirecutters removing sandbags. [Not a bug, functionality added]

+
# 5SeeN Mar 31 2009, 09:19 AM
I know these are already included in #1, but I guess having the official stance from Relic included would be useful information.

- AT guns cannot be repaired (Axis and Allies) [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
- Howitzer Emplacements cannot be repaired (Allies) [Will be resolved in future Tales of Valor related patch]
- MG's switching targets while garrisoned. [Reproduced and bug entered]

+
# 6Fluff da Sheep Mar 31 2009, 09:24 AM
- Wirecutters do not remove your OWN sandbags.
- Wirbelwind pins on first bullet at short range.
- Audio announcements (under attack, unit complete etc.) are half as loud as they were, and hardly noticeable if anything is going on onscreen.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 7Unicous Mar 31 2009, 09:37 AM
i don't know whether it's just from a subjective point of view, but in a game i played yesterday it took ages for two engies to repair a 1/4 sherman and a 3/4 sherman to full health. normally two engies would need ca. a minute to repair from near death to full health, from my experience they needed even more to repair it from say 150 to 636 (engies repair 300 hp/min, 5hp/sec). but i could be totally wrong about that. i'm gonna find out soon.

+
# 8Sean1604 Mar 31 2009, 09:46 AM
please post bugs that you have tested and know to be true smile.gif

+
# 9Unicous Mar 31 2009, 09:49 AM
QUOTE(Sean1604 @ Mar 31 2009, 11:46 AM) *

please post bugs that you have tested and know to be true smile.gif

i'm sorry that i did not have a stopwatch at my disposal. i thought i share it with you, so you might keep an eye on it as well.

+
# 10Fluff da Sheep Mar 31 2009, 09:57 AM
EDIT: never mind, I'll test this some more before I commit to it.

This post has been edited by Fluff da Sheep: Mar 31 2009, 10:02 AM

+
# 11Anik3tos Mar 31 2009, 10:35 AM
The "no control bug from Dow2" is somehow miraculeusly in here also wtf?

Sometimes when a squad starts to cap it can not respond or do anything (no retreat) untill its either finished with its action (capping) or is dead. Sometimes this bug also happens when giving an attack order. In other words the squad will even follow the enemy squad to their retreat point (base) and would charge and not respond. So free frags for base defenses.

GG Relic as usual.

+
# 12AUSRanger09 Mar 31 2009, 10:46 AM
My replays won't show up! They are in the correct folder but when I go to watch them they aren't there! n1qshok.gif

Is anyone else having the same problem?

This post has been edited by AUSRanger09: Mar 31 2009, 10:47 AM

+
# 13pingtoft Mar 31 2009, 11:07 AM
QUOTE(AUSRanger09 @ Mar 31 2009, 12:46 PM) *

My replays won't show up! They are in the correct folder but when I go to watch them they aren't there! n1qshok.gif

Is anyone else having the same problem?

You won't be able to see v2.301 replays.

Recon tommy not allowed to snipe deployed MG but can snipe undeployed MG (need verification)

88 cannot be repaired

+
# 14soulfire Mar 31 2009, 12:01 PM
Commando artilary seems to be 1second now and the Oficer Art from the RCA doc will drop one shell the instant it is used (Directly into the center of the circle) followed by the remaining shells a few seconds later.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 15vergi Mar 31 2009, 12:17 PM
Mortars do not fire when ordered to bombard into the fog of war. Happened to me with brit mortar pit and wehrmacht mortar.

In some bug thread it was also mentioned that there was a similar problem with howitzers. (not sure)

+
# 1612azor Mar 31 2009, 12:34 PM
Really of no consequence but the sound responses for capturing points are wrong with pioneers - they get confused between munitions and fuel.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 17L'amer Mar 31 2009, 12:38 PM
QUOTE(12azor @ Mar 31 2009, 14:34 PM) *

Really of no consequence but the sound responses for capturing points are wrong with pioneers - they get confused between munitions and fuel.

German 2.301 version had this already. Only noticable with Wehrmacht pioneers though.

+
# 1812azor Mar 31 2009, 12:50 PM
St.Mere Du Mont is back in Automatch.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 19Gemb Mar 31 2009, 12:58 PM
maphacks still working....

+
# 20Hamilt0n Mar 31 2009, 13:09 PM
Propaganda war appears bugged, my opponent used it on a single rifle squad as i was throwing a sticky bomb, and it had no effect. Possibly extends to grenades and other abilities too (untested). It was used sucessfully against me on other occasions in the same game.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)