Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

ladder season = no patch?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Saphri Apr 4 2009, 04:23 AM
QUOTE(vOddy @ Apr 3 2009, 19:57 PM) *

I agree. Release 1.03. Not a huge patch that will end up ****ing up more than it fixes, just fix the bugs and buff steel talons slightly, then GOGOGO LADDER SEASON 3!!!

i agree 2

Game: Universe at War

+
# 22_IaMThoR_ Apr 4 2009, 12:33 PM
Yay 4 demo bike rush. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anyone that thinks ZH is balanced should be shot. Or try vanilla China on it.

This post has been edited by *DEaTh2All^: Apr 4 2009, 12:37 PM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 23KaneASD Apr 4 2009, 12:40 PM
ZH is far to be balanced, China is definitely op [Especially Nuke general] - while GLA and USA have multiple holes and weaknesses [especially Toxin General and Airforce General] making them easy to defeat. Things like uncounterable tankspam, useless infantry and support vehicles, useless aircrafts are even more terrible then they are in C&C 3. There are also tons of never used units like battle buses, helixes, ambulances, ECM tanks, Humvies... I hope C&C will be never as bad balanced as ZH is.

This post has been edited by KaneASD: Apr 4 2009, 12:48 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 24_IaMThoR_ Apr 4 2009, 12:47 PM
Airforce, Toxic and infantry gens were all better than Nuke tbh.
Also CCG has tons of maphackers on it now. post-13661-1143531603.gif
LMAO kane (rocket)humvees and battle buses OWN wtf they are definatly not useless.

This post has been edited by *DEaTh2All^: Apr 4 2009, 12:51 PM

+
# 25KaneASD Apr 4 2009, 15:05 PM
I know, my last post was not serious.

+
# 26_IaMThoR_ Apr 4 2009, 17:08 PM
Well its kinda hard to tell if you're being sarcastic when I don't know you tbh.

+
# 27Darksolaris Apr 4 2009, 18:40 PM
hell yea zero hour was an imba piece of shit hell the box art screamed imba.

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 28-synthc- Apr 4 2009, 20:28 PM
I think we should just ask for bug fixes at this point, because 1) ea is more likely to do that and 2) we don't want to be messing with things (especially eco) before the ladder season start.

I don't think there is enough time for us and EA to work out a patch with a lot of balance changes.

We should make a petition for patch 1.03 before the ladder season starts

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 29Gromij Apr 4 2009, 21:03 PM
lol, pretty much all he posted was the polar opposite of the reality. hang on, ZH has tanks? I thought they were nuke general only wacko.gif now im confused why have i never seen them before..

+
# 30EA Apoc Apr 4 2009, 21:35 PM
Hey guys,

I absolutely agree with your points in this thread, however, I do not want to delay the Ladder Season. That said, I'm currently analyzing all the threads and working internally to see what would be ideal for a future Kane's Wrath patch, but I would not expect it to happen before we start the Ladder Season. At this point, I have no timeline to provide you.

Though some people may disagree with what I am about to say, I don't think a patch during Ladder Season is something we should not do, infact, I think its something i'd like to do. I know it may not be "e-sports traditional" to do such a maneuver, but from my perspective, as long as it doesn't impact the playoffs, then it adds a good curve-ball change of pace. It also services the greater KW community that may not be in the running in the Ladder Season, but still want a patch. In an ideal world, we'd like not patch during a Ladder Season, but I think you have to meet opportunity when it comes knockin at the door, and it was my initiative to pull Kane's Wrath in to Ladder Season 3.

So, I will keep you guys posted, but I would not expect a patch before the beginning. The goal is to run RA3 and KW Ladder Seasons in unison.

I will keep you posted, chins up. The Ladder Season is not a ploy to avoid a KW patch, the purpose is to continue giving the KW MP community the respect and tournament it deserves. That is mission #1.

Like the Mammoth Tank says, "never forget" =)

-APOC

This post has been edited by EA Apoc: Apr 4 2009, 21:37 PM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 31nextonline Apr 4 2009, 21:37 PM
EA Apoc thumb.gif

+
# 32vOddy Apr 4 2009, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(EA Apoc @ Apr 4 2009, 22:35 PM) *

Hey guys,

I absolutely agree with your points in this thread, however, I do not want to delay the Ladder Season. That said, I'm currently analyzing all the threads and working internally to see what would be ideal for a future Kane's Wrath patch, but I would not expect it to happen before we start the Ladder Season. At this point, I have no timeline to provide you.

Though some people may disagree with what I am about to say, I don't think a patch during Ladder Season is something we should not do, infact, I think its something i'd like to do. I know it may not be "e-sports traditional" to do such a maneuver, but from my perspective, as long as it doesn't impact the playoffs, then it adds a good curve-ball change of pace. It also services the greater KW community that may not be in the running in the Ladder Season, but still want a patch. In an ideal world, we'd like not patch during a Ladder Season, but I think you have to meet opportunity when it comes knockin at the door, and it was my initiative to pull Kane's Wrath in to Ladder Season 3.

So, I will keep you guys posted, but I would not expect a patch before the beginning. The goal is to run RA3 and KW Ladder Seasons in unison.

I will keep you posted, chins up. The Ladder Season is not a ploy to avoid a KW patch, the purpose is to continue giving the KW MP community the respect and tournament it deserves. That is mission #1.

Like the Mammoth Tank says, "never forget" =)

-APOC

When does the Mammoth Tank say "never forget"? blink.gif

This post has been edited by vOddy: Apr 4 2009, 21:43 PM

+
# 33Roboreaper Apr 4 2009, 21:51 PM
may be the new mammoth tank in ra3??

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 34sp12.07 Apr 4 2009, 21:53 PM
TBH I'm mildly miffed about that not being a real unit.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 35Roboreaper Apr 4 2009, 21:57 PM
ofc it isn't

4/1/09 | Author: APOC >> http://www.commandandconquer.com/portal/si...000100d2c0aRCRD

---

OT : sounds great and it would be a good move to patch Kw in Ls 3 because of all the activity biggrin.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 36Flopjack Apr 4 2009, 21:57 PM
lol the C&C 3 Mammoth doesn't.

APOC, I have some questions for you:

What kinds of changes, strides or efforts will we see in the future of KW and Ra3 as far as support, patches and e-sports goes in the coming months? years?

Are you guys more apt to ensure these two titles set themselves a strong foothold or begin production on another C&C game? Do you feel these games are salvageable or would a fresh pallet be a better option. How do you feel the communities feel about this?

What is your plan to combat the juggernaut of Starcraft 2 when it comes out? (outside of TPing Blizz I mean tongue.gif) Do you plan on running with them or running until SC2 is released then pulling back in the shadows? (I'm saying I want Starcraft 2 to have competition, REAL competition and nothing is going to touch it at this rate!)

Can we expect issues such as connectivity to servers, commentating bugs and gameplay bugs to get addressed asap?

When (ball park it) do you think we can see the roughest of patch notes to give us something to chew on?

Do you feel EA's approach since the release of C&C 3 was a good one as far as support and production of KW and Ra3? (It seems you guys dove into this way too fast and given the evidence it's as if you underestimated what it meant to create "RTS as a sport". I would find it a little humbling to to hear the long term feedback of the community and still trail behind a 11 year old game... significantly.) If you don't feel your approach was wrong or if you do, why? What will change if you do?

This post has been edited by Flopjack: Apr 4 2009, 21:59 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 37Hogo Apr 4 2009, 22:53 PM
EA Apoc yay smile.gif
Im glad you got us ladder season 3 smile.gif
Anyhow

Patch half waythough would be pretty cool change of gameplay biggrin.gif

Thanks for the update

+
# 38vOddy Apr 5 2009, 00:11 AM
QUOTE(Hogo @ Apr 4 2009, 23:53 PM) *

EA Apoc yay smile.gif
Im glad you got us ladder season 3 smile.gif
Anyhow

Patch half waythough would be pretty cool change of gameplay biggrin.gif

Thanks for the update

TW 1.09 eco for Kane's Wrath plz.

It won't become a mindless spam fest of just two types of units again, because of the changes made to units.

+
# 39cnc315d34d Apr 5 2009, 00:15 AM
$2500 refs, $1400 harvs imo

thats a fine balance between 1.09 and kw 1.02

+
# 40Regenerit Apr 5 2009, 00:19 AM
$2500 refineries also let you put up your war factory 5 seconds sooner. This means the difference between shadow teams keeping you from getting your war factory or getting the war factory and comletely dominating the shadows.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)