Unclean Beast : The Venom Hose.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Xinox Apr 19 2009, 11:35 AM
Version 1.00

Version history:

0.50 - Started guide got up to equipment done

1.00 - Finished guide

1.50 - Build refined, New item strats added

1.51 - Fixed some wording that's no longer relevant.

Table of Contents

1. Intro
2. Skill List
3. The Build
4. Equipment
5. Strategy
5a. - bestial wrath
6. Match-ups
7. Closing

Unclean Beast - Venom Spit Build

IPB Image

1. Intro

This build focuses on what Unclean Beast (will use UB instead) excels at, hit and run tactics. First off let me say people really don't like this when it's used against them even more so then tele sniping. So expect some harsh words from probably both sides (I have a habit of kill stealing unintentionally with the spit dot) That aside you're probably reading this in hopes of improving your UB game or simply to tell me i'm wrong or maybe to see if i'll tell you how to counter this. Whatever the reason lets get things rolling. I'll break this down into sections.

2. Skill List

Venom spit
Description: Spews a Corrosive venom at it's target.
15 yard range 0.3 cast time 7 second cooldown
Effect: Deals X Initial Damage and Y over 10 seconds
Rank 1 - 50, 450/10 500 mana
Rank 2 - 100, 800/10 650 mana
Rank 3 - 150, 1150/10 800 mana
Rank 4 - 150, 1500/10 950 mana
Putrid Flow - When a spit lands it leaves a puddle that deals 500 damage over 10 seconds.

Inner Beast
Description: UB taps into it's latent power.
Instant
Effect: Increases attack and movement speed by X%
Rank 1 - 5%
Rank 2 - 7%
Rank 3 - 10%
Acclimation - UB becomes more resistant to heavy blows. When an enemy deals 500 or more damage to Unclean beast, he takes 40% less damage for 5 seconds.

Diseased Claws
Description: UB's claws reduce his target's movement speed
Instant
Effect: Decreases targets speed by X%
Rank 1 - 5%
Rank 2 - 7%
Rank 3 - 10%

Post Mortem
Description: When UB attacks, enemies are afflicted with a disease
Instant
Effect: Target explodes dealing 150 damage and throwing targets into the air.
1 Rank
Side-note: The damage is actually more round 155 in my experience but not sure if something is increasing it.

Ooze
Description: UB oozes virulent bodily fluids.
0 Mana 1 second cooldown
Effect: When active nearby enemies take X damage and their attack speed is slowed by Y% but UB takes Z damage per second.
Rank 1 - 35 / 10% / 20
Rank 2 - 70 / 20% / 30
Rank 3 - 105 / 30% / 40
Rank 4 - 140 / 40% / 50

Foul grasp
Description: UB clutches a target in it's claws.
Instant 15 second cooldown 10 yard range
Effect: Stuns and drains health over 2 seconds
Rank 1 - 332 health 800 mana
Rank 2 - 500 health1100 mana
Rank 3 - 664 health 1400 mana

Bestial wrath
Description: UB enters a frenzy.
15 second cooldown 0.5 second cast
Effect: Attack damage is increased for 7 seconds
Rank 1 - 25% 450 mana
Rank 2 - 35% 600 mana
Rank 3 - 45% 850 mana
Rank 4 - 55% 1000 mana
Unrelenting wrath - His movement cannot be slowed, last 10 seconds, 20 second cooldown, 1000 mana, and increases damage by 65%.

Plague
Description: When UB deals damage, it has a chance to start a plague.
Effect: Spreads to nearby units and deals damage over 30 seconds. Anything that survives is immune to it for 180 seconds.
Rank 1 - 300
Rank2 - 450

(Someone else do that next time, it's a pain >.<)

3. The build

IPB Image

Now for the first point you're going to get... well shouldn't really have to type it but it's obviously Venom Spit. Your bread and butter of the build and probably the most annoying ability to deal with. Here's the progression I normally use:

1 Venom Spit I
2 Inner Beast I
3 Disease Claws I
4 Venom spit II
5 Inner Beast II
6 Post Mortem
7 Venom Spit III
8 Inner Beast III
9 Foul Grasp I
10 Venom spit IV
11 Ooze I
12 Plague I or Stat bonus
13 Disease Claws II
14 Save point
15 Putrid Flow & Acclimation
16 Ooze II
17 Disease Claws III
18 Ooze III
19 Ooze IV
20 Plague II or Stat bonus again

Now there is some room for play here that i'm still working out myself. Occasionally i'll get ooze first then Foul grasp later but i've found round mid-game is when I really need that interrupt to stop potions, scrolls, and other shenanigans. The priority that never changes though is:

Venom spit > Inner beast > Diseased claws > Post mortem > rest of skills

You absolutely must get venom spit every time it's available as the skill scales very well with levels. At level 10 it does 150 initial damage and 1500 over 10 seconds for 950 mana. (1.7 damage per mana, with putrid flow it does 2.3 per mana) That's close to half of some demi-gods lives. So not only does it become an amazing killing move but an amazing deterrent as well. (no one wants to get spat on)

4. Equipment

My general starting equipment looks something like this:

IPB Image

However, here's where it's time for something completely different. The favor item:

IPB Image

Why? Check the use. That use works with EVERYTHING, including abilities. Now you see why I don't get a helm first in a mana intensive build? That item is quite literally what makes this build so strong. It combined with the heart of life allows you the freedom of never needing the mana helms EVER. Also it gives + weapon damage and mana which is nice too I guess. >.> The only downside is as you remove one weakness you add another. The lack of swift anklet can be a problem.

Another great option! -NEW-

Staff of renewal:

Reason? It's simple, you can stack your own spit on a single target and with the new build you save loads of mana from not upgrading foul grasp. The only downside to this I find is, mana becomes your main problem and without a favor item to help, helms become a higher priority to get which can result in a lower hp then the previous build. However your killing and interrupt power increases to compensate.

Much like regulus you now want to try to get more crit based items as you don't have bestial wrath to give a boost to your weapon damage. Still + weapons damage is not unwelcome. Health regen is not much of a priority as you generally try to avoid getting hit much in the first place.

Mid-game you should be aiming for something like this: (If you only focus on yourself)

IPB Image

Which brings me to another point. CRITS STACK it's obviously rare but it does happen and especially later on with an askander you can crit for horribly overpowered numbers. (highest i've gotten with bestial wrath + artifacts was 4k on a QoT) Even with spit you still do need to remember a majority of your damage is UB's quick auto-attacks.

Good non artifact / favor items for this build: -NEW-

Wand of speed

Totem of relevation

Wyrmskin handguards

Slayers wraps

God plate

Journeymens treads

Platemail of the crusader / Groffling Warplate (Amazing vs rook as his archer tower gives huge amounts of procs from the armours.)

Duelist's curiass

Hauberk of life

Branded armour

Plenor Battlecrown

I tend to favor hp/s items over straight armour as armour has diminishing returns. Meaning the more of it you have the less of the effect you get. Hp/s does not have the same problem. However, armour works well if you find other ub's and reg's are getting a lot of attacks in. Itemize for the situation at hand!

Added wand of speed as UB truly lacks an escape skill so wand is used not only for attack but defence. With it's 30 second cooldown and 8 second duration it's amazing for it's cost. Included totem as not only is it good for countering mine regs, but it adds a passive +5 vision range which helps to spot potential prey and incoming ambushes. Pretty good if you find you have an open item slot since it's only 50g per each totem.

5. Strategy

So now you have a good idea of what to get for skills and items but it's nothing if you don't know how to use it. As you might expect this build is based around harassment and infringes on snipes territory of quick assassinations. The build is very strong early on which is not something seen commonly for any demi-god. As a result you can normally get first blood as it only takes two venom spits to put anyone but rook in critical danger. This is most effective around the experience flag as the person truly wants to get it before running away. So try to ambush them as best you can. The only problem you'll have is around levels 1-4 which is generally how long I stay out initially then go to base and grab boots. If they don't have boots or they're not careful this is a common sight.

IPB Image

(All my screenshots were taken vs hard rook and QoT with friendly erebus on hard too.)

Now till post mortem you lack a good creep killer so your main focus should be to venom spit buildings. Early on with no regeneration they are extremely vulnerable to spit spam, not that unlike QoT's uproot.

Advanced tower tip: I haven't perfected this myself but it is possible to avoid the towers from shooting you while still spitting on it. How? Well it's simply to learn but hard to pull off if you're not focused. Simply wait till your reinforcements are running in, then approach the tower slightly behind them or from a different angle. If done right the little guys take the first shot as you spit giving you enough time to turn around and run without getting hit. Discovered this completely by accident.

So you've spit on those towers and you got first blood a few times already but demi-gods are now aware that you're going to spit. Well they're not happy about it and are probably getting a few interrupts to stop it. Here's where venom spit's speed is simply unfair. If the demi-god has a high chance of using an interrupt the min you spit on him simply walk towards him and auto-attack (don't do this on rook obviously, unless he's well covered by spit a few times.) The person will either run away try to fight you or pop their interrupt in a panic. This is when you spit then your boots + diseased claws should keep them still enough to get away. Of course do a little double back to spit on them again as a taunt. It's like saying to them "i'm a little smarter then that."

The key to avoiding venom stops is be unpredictable. Eventually their only options will be to run away or try to run up to you after getting spit on.

-NEW-

Spit Tip: I've confirmed that venom spit stacks with not only other UB's but your own as well, this brings up a unique situation of finding cooldown reducers being more useful for not only keeping spit on the target but keeping multiple spits on the target.

So you're in the mid-game now and at level 9 you got foul grasp but man is it a lot of mana to use. So now is when getting this much mana per use is unacceptable:

IPB Image

(Was at 0 before using the trinket and used it on one group of melee creeps + archers.)

But how do I improve the use of it? You ask. Well lets take a look at this situation:

IPB Image

Now I have several good options here. We'll deal with the enemies first with some simple math.

18 Units (these were their healths at the time.)

Melee 390 = 9 = 3510
Priest 585 = 5 = 2925
Archer 149 = 4 = 596

Total 6584 * 75% = 4938

So that's about 5000 mana which is more then enough.... if I only did enough damage to kill them. Here's the truly amazing part of the favor item. As far as I can tell OVERKILLING GIVES EXTRA MANA. The damage you do is the mana you get. So again here are my numbers at the time.

11 Plague = 7-8 mana per second per unit
335 Melee dps = 251.25 mana per hit
155 Post mortem = 116.25 mana per hit per unit

I could do the math again but we'll leave it at that. It's a lot of mana and on a 45 second cooldown you can use it pretty often. I've only had major mana problems when I got a 5v5 pantheon vs 3 oaks. (2 humans 1 comp) As I needed to spit constantly to push out as much damage as I could in between shields.

Do not fret though as here's another

Advanced tip:

Low on mana? No large amount of creeps around? Only towers stacked close together and you're level 15? Pop it and spit on the tower. What that's crazy talk! You say but again here's the kicker. The puddle has a big enough range that any towers that are normally close together like the middle lane ones in catatract, are hit by the puddle. Not only does this damage beat QoT at the strongest cast and forget tower killer. but the puddle will be hitting both giving you 750 mana nearly removing the cost of the spit by itself. This tactic combined with hitting even a small group of creeps pretty much guarantees full mana and you're just doing what you're supposed to be doing anyways!

Now the only abilities I haven't covered are foul grasp and Ooze.

Ooze is pretty straight-forward and is another amazing ability used with the favor item. Till it gets around level 3 though I do not suggest using it on generals from my experience. Lower levels you really need all the extra hp you can get till you have some good +health or +hp/s. Facing a fully amount of minions the 40% slow attack speed more then easily offsets the damage you take per second. It's also very nice for chasing as it's hard enough to get away from your melee, then they have to deal with ooze and spit right after. Finally keep in mind Ooze counts as a form change, meaning you cancel all action after you cast it.

Foul Grasp, Your interrupt and your hold ability. It combined with Ooze and putrid flow really puts the hurt both on someone during it's duration but also right after. (ooze is still on)This can be used in three different ways. Attack, Defense, and Interruption. Situation at hand may dictate what you use it for. As a small tip till rook's boulder gets to level 2 or 3 it's possible to take the stone point blank and still have enough time to foul grasp the hammer slam!

If sedna's heals are a problem here's another small tip. Her heal has a 7 second cooldown... now what do we have that has the same cooldown? Using your spit as a timer you can foul grasp at the right time possibly even stopping it mid-cast which would cause it to go into recharge, most certainly causing her to die right then and there.

I find the increase in damage is not worth the increase in mana for foul grasp. So I now leave it at rank 1 and use mainly for interrupts.

On a final quick note you should try to focus on flags as you're generally the fastest on your team. It also helps to catch some poor rook that thinks he can just kill my towers without paying for it with his life.

So to re-cap

Harass.
Spit on towers.
Try to use spit + melee to recharge your mana faster.
Venom spit can be used as a timer for sedna's heals.
Harass.
Foul grasp can stop hammer slam after a level 1 boulder.
Don't use Ooze till round level 3 when you have good health.
Overkilling gives extra mana.
Did I mention HARASS.

Play the build right and this is not uncommon for how a UB' stats will look endgame. (although they are hard comps)

IPB Image

5a. Bestial Wrath

Now why not get this even though it gives 25% weapon damage at first rank? Well this build is always going to have the issue of no swift anklet. BW takes 0.5 second to cast and has a very distinctive animation. Without the extra speed and slow from diseased claws there's a very good chance the person will have enough time to back off making the use of it very limited to surprise attacks which are easy enough to with with Spit + ooze + foul grasp to keep on puddle. That and in those situations that generally have to run through you to escape anyways. It's just not worth it in this situation.

6. Match-ups

You know roughly how to play but lets get specific strategy's for each demi-god.

Generals

As a base strat always hit their minions given the chance especially yeti's and shamblers as they aren't cheap. However, you should try to kill generals first for obvious reasons.

UB vs Queen of Thorns

Her shield is going to be the biggest problem but if you see her using shambler and shield she's probably not built to kill. However, built that way it's simply not reasonable to try to kill her outright, simply wait for an opportunity or team up for a quick gank as foul grasp + any other stun is enough to keep her from being able to heal for a long enough time to kill her.

If she has more offensive abilities you need to be wary of spike wave's slow as it has a decent range. However if you get past her shield she generally has nothing to stop you. Ground spikes is only dangerous is there's others around due to it reducing armour. So be wary of that. Overall she's not very dangerous demi-god without support but she may be trying kill buildings with uproot.

UB vs The Oak

One of the harder match-ups but still doable. Shield purging spit and just makes him invincible in general is an issue but it has a large cooldown. Penitence is also an interrupt so watch for it when spitting from range. He generally is a demi-god you want to spit twice before attacking due to how long he can live. Be wary of engaging him near a large amount of creeps to starve him of spirits and so surge of faith doesn't kill you. (a group of priests becomes a serious threat with it.) Penitence and shield are your only concerns. On a final note if you kill him and see no kill message run, he has last stand.

UB vs Sedna

Another hard match-up due to yeti's being strong and her ability to passively keep up minions. As I memtioned use spit as a timer for her heal and act accordingly. Don't be afraid to back off an attack early as pounce can be pretty good burst damage. If she runs spit and start hitting her minions. You're generally not going to kill a sedna that runs and heals while pulling you to her towers. Pounce, heal and outside help are your concerns.

UB vs Lord Erebus

He can be hard but his weakness is your strength, ranged harassment. However, a smart erebus already knows mist removes spit. (at a fraction of the cost) There is a strat though. getting him after he's used it already as it has a 8-9 second recharge more then enough for a spit to do damage. Bite is your next concern it's the foul grasp UB wishes he had. Reduced speed armour and steals high amount of health. Your strat is to wear him down then trying to get a foul grasp kill so he can't bite. He can close range very well with bat swarm so watch that and mass charm's. Foul grasp when not used for kill should be used on mass charm to stop muddle. (muzzle?) As it increases cooldown times which is something we'd like to avoid if we could.

Assassins

UB vs Rook

Fight him like TB, this is probably the easiest match-up unless he focused heavily on getting speed equipment + boulder + hammer slam. Even then it's just a matter of staying near to team-mates and towers. Almost comical how many of them try to run away from an UB without using a scroll (You're dead if you don't pot or scroll. You're not going to get away from UB i've done half a rook's hp while he was running away. If you're a rook reading this AVOID A FULL HEALTH UB AT ALL COSTS)

Generally only avoid attacking 3/4 rook if he has 2 towers or more as you'll take too much damage although if you've got mana, spit a tower then leave. However, you see this situation smile, you just got a free kill.

IPB Image

UB vs Torchbearer

Only dangerous later game, abuse your melee advantage early game before he gets the stronger aoe's. Fire is easiest to deal with as just stay out of circle of flame's range. Spit and come in during the second spit is usually fatal as he has no escape options. Ice is bit stronger due to rain of ice's final debuff and shatter combo's. Can use frost nova as an escape so prepare for it with a foul grasp to the face. Dual TB (what I play) avoid close range when he's ice, stay close with fire but retreat early 1350 fireballs are deadly. (he loses the ability to shoot on the run in fire mode) Get the biggest early advantage you can. Till you get well into late game he becomes the most dangerous demi before artifacts. Extremely mana dependent so try to abuse that as well with items like warlod's punisher.

UB vs Regulus

Probably the hardest match-up depending on his build. As always watch for snipes if you can't see him there's a good chance he's going for one. The real reason he's a pain is shrapnel mines. These the single most crippling things to melee. That combined with maim and mark of the betrayer he can be a pain to catch. Like TB and QoT closing the gap normally mean in their death. My best strat was to come at unusual angles. (like from behind his lane) Or simply getting enough spits off to force him to run and me catching him. If you have motb on but are in melee range already avoid using skills unless it's spit and it'll kill him. You can generally stay close enough to foul grasp his potions if he tries. Foul grasp out of motb is good as well due to the leech and you use up 2 seconds of the slow from it.

UB vs UB

Can't speak of facing this build myself but against bestial wrath builds you simply run when you see the roar. Then laugh as he wastes half the duration just trying to catch you. around 15-20 expect him to be immune to slows due to unrelenting wrath. I find they usually lack either a good venom spit or foul grasp. Which ever he does try to abuse. By either staying away from him or by using foul grasp to possibly interrupt bestial wrath or simply waste two seconds of it and heal yourself.

7. Closing

If you made it this far in one sitting congrats you now know pretty much all I know about UB to date. n1qshok.gif I'll still add on when I can and try to keep track of it's progress. Suggestions and questions are welcome in this thread.

8. Credits

Dalzk- Giving me a good reason to hunker down and write this monster. tongue.gif
cwm33 - For the helpful quick item list found here: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/347349

This post has been edited by Xinox: Jun 27 2009, 00:17 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2DalzK Apr 19 2009, 12:13 PM
Thats a really REALLY good guide and shaping up to be very promising. Keep the awesome work up, everyone will enjoy reading this smile.gif

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 3LordGloom Apr 19 2009, 12:17 PM
That's it for now going to get some sleep and finish later.

Sleep is for the weak =)

(Someone else do that next time, it's a pain >.<) - in reference to writing out all of the abilities

I agree... There is like no info on this game written down lol. I sometimes forget the item names and go try to google info... Its impossible to find anything!... I might bunker down and dev a knowledge base of all of the current moves and abilities.... Would take a few hours but meh!

---

Anyways! About your guide.

You make a good point about Crit's stacking its a very solid point to bring up. Also for unclean and other melee... well really anyone. Its important to know that getting a + runspeed item is just as benificial as getting slow speed items. Both will help you chase down people more easily. I personally always go for the +15% runspeed favor I haven't tried out the massive mana gain through that item but i am intriqued! i will try it out today =) *Wonders what this will do for my Regulus build* If I could gain mana while in angelic fury form... well thats just snazzypants.

Great guide! looking forward to reading your updates!

Game: Demigod

+
# 4liq3 Apr 19 2009, 17:30 PM
Amazing, I tried out a UB build just like this the other day!

The main differences was I got full diseased claw and skipped plague, otherwise skill point allocation was exactly the same. I also just stocked up on +health items and skipped damage. You already have like 500dps (yes, figured it out) from just skills (mainly Ooze and spit).

I didn't get that mana favor item (couldn't afford it) and I got something else instead of Swift Anklet. I know I was really hurting by not getting Swift Anklet, because it was so hard to chase the enemies down. I'd rather get Anklet and spend the 6750 I save on not getting Journeyman's boots on something else (e.g. Vlemish Helm and Heart of Life).

Otherwise, the build is really strong! It just melted the UB I was playing against. I'd cast spit > Ooze > Grab and he'd usually die just after the grab, so it completely melted him. Sedna could survive a bit better, but would die if up against me alone as well, especially once I started outrunning her.

Really nice guide.

This post has been edited by liq3: Apr 19 2009, 17:34 PM

+
# 5mr_coffee Apr 19 2009, 19:32 PM
Thanks for the awesome post, I did have a question though in a lot of these posts I never hear people say when to Upgrade the actually just base stats of the Demigod.

The +'s at the bottom of the screen. So for the Unclean beast, when do you say, pick to upgrade his overal stats rather than upgrading a skill? Or do you never ugprade the general stats of the unclean beast in this build?

Thanks!

+
# 6Xinox Apr 19 2009, 19:33 PM
QUOTE(LordGloom @ Apr 19 2009, 08:17 AM) *

Sleep is for the weak =)
I agree... There is like no info on this game written down lol. I sometimes forget the item names and go try to google info... Its impossible to find anything!... I might bunker down and dev a knowledge base of all of the current moves and abilities.... Would take a few hours but meh!

---

Anyways! About your guide.

You make a good point about Crit's stacking its a very solid point to bring up. Also for unclean and other melee... well really anyone. Its important to know that getting a + runspeed item is just as benificial as getting slow speed items. Both will help you chase down people more easily. I personally always go for the +15% runspeed favor I haven't tried out the massive mana gain through that item but i am intriqued! i will try it out today =) *Wonders what this will do for my Regulus build* If I could gain mana while in angelic fury form... well thats just snazzypants.

Great guide! looking forward to reading your updates!

I'll give you a very clear idea of how well the item works with heart of life later on. It's the reason I mentioned the mana efficiency of venom spit. (HINT HINT)

@mr_coffee I use to upgrade them but in order for them to be worth it, they need to be better then the skill you could get instead. In this build there is an option on the 20th point for a stat upgrade for one reason. I get plague for the use of COUNTERING other heart's of life as it stays on a demi-god for 30 seconds, the likely hood of avoiding getting plague when walking through creeps is extremely smaller. Even smaller if i'm hitting the group. Think of plague like the polar opposite of Oak's shield. Oak's shield allows you to use heart of life easier, while plague hinders you from using it.

As I said there's always a bit of play. Avoid putting points into bestial rage. I'll explain later a bit in the guide why any points in it will simply be a waste.

This post has been edited by Xinox: Apr 19 2009, 19:39 PM

+
# 7Natural20 Apr 19 2009, 21:44 PM
First, let me say, great guide. I really enjoyed reading it.

QUOTE(LordGloom @ Apr 19 2009, 08:17 AM) *

Sleep is for the weak =)

---
There is a good item list on the demigod wikia. They also have the names and a brief description of all the abilities.

http://demigod.wikia.com/wiki/Demigod_Wiki

On the official forum page, there are a few guides that have a list of full skills that would be good for a reference

Queen of thorns: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346798
Lord Eribus: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346497
Sedna: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/340236
Torchbearer: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346716
General Oak: http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346645

+
# 8LordGloom Apr 19 2009, 22:20 PM
If you notice on almost every Demigod on demigod wiki there are error's in their abilities and skills.

I am just saying a consolidated list would be nice. 1 Stop shopping ya know!

+
# 9DalzK Apr 19 2009, 22:38 PM
Yea they prob. very outdated.

+
# 10Xinox Apr 19 2009, 22:48 PM
QUOTE(DalzK @ Apr 19 2009, 18:38 PM) *

Yea they prob. very outdated.

No way they're not outdated I mean Tb still has rain of fire and it says rain of ice has more waves per level....

/sarcasm off

+
# 11Natural20 Apr 19 2009, 23:31 PM
Ha, sorry about the wiki. I didn't realize it was that out of date.

+
# 12DalzK Apr 19 2009, 23:39 PM
We shall forgive you this time Natural20, dont make the same mistake twice or we wont be so forgiving!

+
# 13Bob Loblaw Apr 23 2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for this awesome guide.
I was using Furious Blade as a favor item till now since i found Heart of Life and Vlemish were enough to supply my mana but i'll definitely try this Blade of the Serpent and drop the Vlemish.
I didn't know about the tower spit either.

This post has been edited by Bob Loblaw: Apr 23 2009, 11:31 AM

+
# 14Xinox Apr 23 2009, 12:16 PM
QUOTE(Bob Loblaw @ Apr 23 2009, 07:29 AM) *

Thanks for this awesome guide.
I was using Furious Blade as a favor item till now since i found Heart of Life and Vlemish were enough to supply my mana but i'll definitely try this Blade of the Serpent and drop the Vlemish.
I didn't know about the tower spit either.

Furious blade also works if you can get the mana problem under control. I just like serpent's blade due to giving you an early mana edge. You can spit far more often then other UB's allowing you to harass more and kill more towers. The saved helm slots also allow for more armour and health. Furious blade would work with the build but it's extra burst damage at the cost of endurance.

I'd use furious blade if I were facing the generals. For vs assassins it's serpent blade. (reg, tb, rook, and UB are all demi's that sometimes are only good if leveled. Especially a fire/ice tb, they suck early on but at the end they're scary.) The only one that's iffy is erebus, both work well vs him neither one giving you an edge, while the other generals, have some way of increasing their endurance or removing your spit for less mana. So you want to get in as much auto attacks as you can to compensate for lack of spit or to simply add to burst potential.

+
# 15LordGloom Apr 23 2009, 13:39 PM
QUOTE(Xinox @ Apr 23 2009, 08:16 AM) *

while the other generals, have some way of increasing their endurance or removing your spit for less mana.

*Rubs symbol of purity all over my nakkie body*

Mmmmm

+
# 16Retroromanic Apr 23 2009, 13:43 PM
Hi,

I usually have a similar build, but could you, please, try to explain in details how to counter Erebus?

I had a nightmare game against one, no matter what I tried.

+
# 17LordGloom Apr 23 2009, 13:58 PM
QUOTE(Retroromanic @ Apr 23 2009, 09:43 AM) *

Hi,

I usually have a similar build, but could you, please, try to explain in details how to counter Erebus?

I had a nightmare game against one, no matter what I tried.

I am assuming the LE was Biting you, using mist, waiting for the bite cool down, then using bite again, then *repeat*

There unfortunately isn't really a hard counter for that... my personal suggestion is to ignore Erebus when he pulls that kinda shinanegals... Stay way more mobile than him. Load up on teleport scrolls and just bounce around the map. Tear down his towers, then upgrade your citadel. Since his aoe potential is moderate at best he will have a hard time fending off waves...

Those are just my general suggestions for countering LE... Also spit/kite is good. I would suggest not engaging him in melee because you will lose HP and he will gain HP. Try to drag him into your towers. Remember never wait inside of mist always wait outside of it. Early on if you get him into tower hit range, do your drain life stun to punish him more.

Also since he has low HP early on maybe try a universal gadget for extra burst damage... It will offset his HP gain from a level 3 bite...

Even outlasting his mana pool is a somewhat viable option. Just stock up on healing potions and rejuv pots to go toe to toe with him...

Or even hex scroll to nerf his damage.

Or vitality scroll to boost your hp!

There are a bunch of different options just alot of them require some special items

+
# 18DalzK Apr 23 2009, 15:17 PM
Problem with UB vs Erebus is that he can mist when u get venom'ed, we just removes the debuff. So I reccomend you fake some spits till he goes mist form, then when he is out he has to wait 8ish seconds to go into it again, at which point u venom and attack with your superior DPS. Also just before he is about to bite (you should count 7-5 seconds between each one) a foul grasp in between can delay it a bit more.

+
# 19Retroromanic Apr 23 2009, 17:27 PM
Right.

Thank you, guys, I really appreciate it. I will do my best to use those tactics to counter Erebus.

One question; symbol of purity is the only thing that counters spit, right? I don't expect people to actually take that favour item to counter just the Beast; am I underestimating people, do they actually take Symbol of Purity when they have a Beast against them?

Thanks again, your help is great.

+
# 20LordGloom Apr 23 2009, 17:47 PM
It kinda depends how you define countering...

A 2s healing potion will offset the damage you will take but it is not always a viable option because he has a high run speed.

Same thing with a teleport scroll and just teleport back to spawn.

But yes as far as I know Symbol of Purity is the only thing that rips off all negative effects (and is an item)

Other things that rip off spit:
Oaks Shield (he can shield anyone of his team-mates and himself)
Erebus's Mist
(possibly others)

And I will usually take the Symbol of Purity as my favor against an UB 90% of the time or more. However the Symbol of Purity is very powerful because it purges ALL negative effects... It is just as useful for removing slows, tracking bugs, armor reductions. So where as the spit is a HUGE concern, the item also provides an insanely useful short cooldown move that can be used UB is ignoring you.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)