Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

skirmish game level up

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1panzertiger503 May 19 2009, 21:23 PM
Hi,

I mainly play skirmish games with AI, just wondering has anybody been up to level 5? My skirmish record is 20:2 vic:defeated and still on level 4.

Thanks!

+
# 2CallMeSarge May 19 2009, 21:42 PM
Hi PanzerTiger, welcome to GR!

You play skirmish and thats cool. But you have to understand, playing skirmish in CoH is like owning a really nice car, but only using it to sit down in - and never driving it anywhere! A Ferrari Armchair!

Now you have played against the AI, why not go online and try the Automatch feature. You will be matched against players of a similar level, and you will learn that while skirmish CoH is good, playing CoH against a live opponent is a fucking blast, and the most fun you can have on a computer without these.

If you need tips on how to play better, visit the excellent stratergies sections on the site listed in the top nav ^.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CoH.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3silmril May 20 2009, 00:44 AM
QUOTE(panzertiger503 @ May 19 2009, 21:23 PM) *

Hi,

I mainly play skirmish games with AI, just wondering has anybody been up to level 5? My skirmish record is 20:2 vic:defeated and still on level 4.

Thanks!

I believe that may be because the skirmish mode uses some kind of xp system unlike ranked online mode, but im not sure. but yeah, give multiplayer a try. skirmish is a decent way to practice, but not the mainstay of the game.

+
# 4steektits May 20 2009, 01:13 AM
I've been playing with someone who just got the game and a lvl 7 ish player vs some hard comps on Vimoutiers and i've got to say its been a lot more fun that any automatch game i've had recently.

Computer cheats in a big way so it's pretty tough now. It doesn't spam halftracks in he own base anymore.

Dunno bout rank but really who cares? I'd argue that caring about a ranked rank is bad, unranked rank would be even worse, and skirmish rank post-13661-1143531603.gif ?

+
# 5hillhome May 20 2009, 01:28 AM
Cleaned the topic.

Next person to post the highly annoying "IB4L" comment is getting a warning for spam - just as a general warning to anyone thinking posting that is a good idea. It isn't.

Clan: Reign of Madness

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 6RonaldDumsfeld May 20 2009, 12:53 PM
Why not simply move the thread to a more appropriate place.
'Ask the Experts' perhaps?

+
# 7baggpipes May 20 2009, 17:19 PM
You will level up alot faster playing people than skirmishes.

+
# 812azor May 20 2009, 17:21 PM
QUOTE(CallMeSarge @ May 19 2009, 22:42 PM) *

You play skirmish and thats cool. But you have to understand, playing skirmish in CoH is like owning a really nice car, but only using it to sit down in - and never driving it anywhere! A Ferrari Armchair!

That is hilarious - you sir can have +1 point.

Also I think I explain that compstomping gives a set number of points per game as there is no ELO system for beating an AI - read this - http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=344460

Clan: EPIC

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9JamesR Oct 22 2009, 15:08 PM
I was wondering if there was anymore on the topic of Skirmish Rankings? I can't find any concrete rules on how it works, and it's all me and my friend are really interested.

I know you can lose skirmish ranks though tongue.gif

+
# 10TrouserDemon Oct 22 2009, 16:13 PM
I'm aware this is a big necro, but in this case it's better than making a new topic to get flamed. Answer the man's question, then I'll lock this.

+
# 11JamesR Oct 22 2009, 16:33 PM
Yeah, sorry I didn't even check the date, but this came up front page for COH Skirmish Ranks ohmy.gif

+
# 12Fritz Frisbee Oct 23 2009, 13:42 PM
to answer the question of the OP: yes, there are quite some people who have passed the level-4-wall in skirmishes. just check the list for basic games, search for compstomp and especially on "TheScheldt" you will find players who reached lv 16 or higher just by beating the AI.

however, like some others already said. try out to play against humans, nothing is more fun than that. and don´t be afraid of losing: this is just a game.

This post has been edited by Fritz Frisbee: Oct 23 2009, 13:43 PM

+
# 13BellyTurret Oct 23 2009, 17:13 PM
Welcome to GR.1337.org, prepare for condescending flames. Dunno about basic matches against the computer, but skirmish rank goes up to at least 6. You won't learn tactics from skirmishes - well, not GOOD tactics, anyhow - but you can learn to advance, retreat, tech, and build wire and lay mines all at the same time, which is all good practice for "the real thing." Those of us with 4-digit pings can do nothing more, and both CPU-Expert and the excellent JointOps scenarios are pretty darn hard. Have fun!

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 14Battletree Feb 5 2014, 00:03 AM
QUOTE(CallMeSarge @ May 19 2009, 21:42 PM) *

Hi PanzerTiger, welcome to GR!

Now you have played against the AI, why not go online and try the Automatch feature. You will be matched against players of a similar level, and you will learn that while skirmish CoH is good, playing CoH against a live opponent is a fucking blast, and the most fun you can have on a computer without these.

If you need tips on how to play better, visit the excellent stratergies sections on the site listed in the top nav ^.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CoH.

um yea we dont all like to play comp stomps against you hardcore rts players thats why we play vs ai with friends co op style for fun. at our own speed.. its cool you wanna get us getting our butts kicked but no thanks lol. we just wanna play and have fun and rank up to get our cool stuff. so if someone can answer the question i know myself and other like minded players will appreciate it. every coh2 message board is the same. we ask this question and you hardcore players tell us to play vs others online.. we dont want to. so how do we rank up? do vs ai matches in skirmish mode allow us to rank up? or do we have to play vs others? or does single player campaign do it? can i replay old missions again to get rank points? i really hate being told im not playing my game to its full extent because YOU dont feel i am. loved your car statement. almost felt like you were talking down to us co op type players. i love playing co op. not those crazy rushed vs other players games they suck to me. so to each their own and please next time someone asks a question just answer it dont tell us what we should be doing because we might not like your way. ps what the heck is all this "dont be scared to lose" yes we go to bed scared about this game lol. we just want to play our way. we did buy the game after all lol.

pps. im rank 19 and ive never played againts people yet. only beat the single player storyline in general mode and a few skirmishes vs ai maybe 8 matches total.

This post has been edited by Battletree: Feb 5 2014, 00:11 AM

+
# 15szewc_svd Feb 5 2014, 17:08 PM
QUOTE(Battletree @ Feb 5 2014, 00:03 AM) *

um yea we dont all like to play comp stomps against you hardcore rts players thats why we play vs ai with friends co op style for fun. at our own speed.. its cool you wanna get us getting our butts kicked but no thanks lol. we just wanna play and have fun and rank up to get our cool stuff. so if someone can answer the question i know myself and other like minded players will appreciate it. every coh2 message board is the same. we ask this question and you hardcore players tell us to play vs others online.. we dont want to. so how do we rank up? do vs ai matches in skirmish mode allow us to rank up? or do we have to play vs others? or does single player campaign do it? can i replay old missions again to get rank points? i really hate being told im not playing my game to its full extent because YOU dont feel i am. loved your car statement. almost felt like you were talking down to us co op type players. i love playing co op. not those crazy rushed vs other players games they suck to me. so to each their own and please next time someone asks a question just answer it dont tell us what we should be doing because we might not like your way. ps what the heck is all this "dont be scared to lose" yes we go to bed scared about this game lol. we just want to play our way. we did buy the game after all lol.

pps. im rank 19 and ive never played againts people yet. only beat the single player storyline in general mode and a few skirmishes vs ai maybe 8 matches total.

Raging on more than 4 year old post, even when leveling up in multiplayer is disabled in game apart from playing ranked.
It's Company of Heroes Tales of Valor Discussion not a CoH2.

+
# 16djw2104 Feb 6 2014, 20:03 PM
COH2 discussion forums can be found here.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)