Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Red Alert 3 Replay Tool version 1.1 now available

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Wmm Aug 2 2009, 11:03 AM
Attached Image

About 2 weeks ago EA changed their commandandconquer.com website in such a way that it broke the functionality to quickly visit a players profile from my Replay Tool. Therefore I decided to make a update for it to fix that, along with 2 other bugs.

This is fixed in version 1.1:
- The button that brings you to a players profile on commandandconquer.com now works again
- You can use the $MAP variable in replay names (be aware, MAP has to be in capitals)
- Game versions > 1.09 are now shown correctly (before 1.12 would be shown as 1.1)

If you don't know what this tool is or if you want to download it, please visit www.airlea.nl/ra3rt.

For users of version 1.0: if you use the "Replay Tool -> Check for updates" function in the menu, it tells you version 1.1 is available, but you have to download in manually smile.gif. You can throw away your old .exe and use the freshly downloaded one smile.gif. If you start it for the first time it may or may not have lost your settings (probably not). So if you use your own string for replay names, you'd better copy paste it to notepad or so to save it smile.gif.

If you encounter any problems, please tell me about it (either in this topic, or by mail. See "Help -> About" in the menu for my email address).

This post has been edited by Wmm: Aug 2 2009, 11:06 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2gds000be Aug 2 2009, 12:29 PM

banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

edit: link to persona works as a charm again ... thumb.gif

This post has been edited by gds000be: Aug 2 2009, 17:49 PM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3kustodian Aug 2 2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the update banana.gif

This post has been edited by kustodian: Aug 2 2009, 13:25 PM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 4Wmm Aug 4 2009, 16:19 PM
*kick*

For the ones who missed it smile.gif.

+
# 5Forlong Aug 4 2009, 16:33 PM
Wmm I haven't used your tool in months as I don't use RA3 actively anymore but it was great, wish tools for other games (like RepInfo) were designed like this.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 6Masked Aug 4 2009, 18:57 PM
wmm rule and should work for EA.

Game: None

+
# 7gds000be Aug 5 2009, 10:41 AM
shouldnt this topic be pinned like the one with the previous release?

just wondering ...

+
# 8Wmm Aug 5 2009, 11:46 AM
QUOTE(Forlong @ Aug 4 2009, 18:33 PM) *

Wmm I haven't used your tool in months as I don't use RA3 actively anymore but it was great, wish tools for other games (like RepInfo) were designed like this.

Thanks for your compliments, I appreciate it smile.gif.

QUOTE(masKeD @ Aug 4 2009, 20:57 PM) *

wmm rule and should work for EA.

smile.gif

QUOTE(gds000be @ Aug 5 2009, 12:41 PM) *

shouldnt this topic be pinned like the one with the previous release?

just wondering ...

It will be pinned soon. It was pinned already this Sunday, but because people tend to overlook pinned topics I asked for it to be unpinned again (thanks to kustodian) smile.gif.

+
# 9lemon.PiE Aug 5 2009, 17:59 PM
thx for the tool =]

but there's something wrong.. i downloaded the ladder season 3 replay packs and the replay tool doesnt not show the title of the replay in the browser.. and when I try to rename them.. doesnt work? @_@ i thought it was becuz it was in a different folder.. so i moved them to the same folder (red alert 3 replay) .. but nothing changed @_@

+
# 10Wmm Aug 5 2009, 21:54 PM
Could you give me the link to those replay packs? So I can check it out myself.

+
# 11lemon.PiE Aug 6 2009, 03:58 AM
round 1 http://portal.commandandconquer.com/portal...0006017780aRCRD

round 2 http://portal.commandandconquer.com/portal...0006017780aRCRD

about round 1.. u have to delete group A or it will cause ur game to crash =[

+
# 12Wmm Aug 6 2009, 13:24 PM
There are only a few replays that have that problem as far as I can see, the rest is working. It's only happening to replays where there's a real commentator in the game. Someone already told me a long time ago about that bug, but I haven't fixed it yet (it isn't that much of a problem imo, as there are hardly replays with a commentator). But thanks for letting me know smile.gif.

+
# 13kustodian Aug 10 2009, 20:07 PM
Pinned!

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 14_elEctriCo- Aug 29 2009, 23:22 PM
Avoid this thing like the plague. It deletes your replays forever when you click rename.

Edit: I found them in the documents. It looks like you have to change the save folder every time you launch this thing. It works great.

I do have one suggestion - find a way to increase the info buttons in size. They should be like 5x larger.

This post has been edited by _elEctriCo-: Sep 1 2009, 08:03 AM

+
# 15Wmm Aug 30 2009, 07:20 AM
It puts your replays in the "save folder". That is clearly shown in the bottom left and you can change it by selecting Options -> Select save folder. Standard it saves your replays in your My Documents / RA3 / Replays folder, if RA isn't installed it saves them in your My Documents folder.

The Tool never ever deletes replays unless you say so. So I can't see why you would say something like that. Standard it asks you if you want to delete the original one. You can put that that off by selecting Options -> Confirm Delete. The original replays will now always be deleted without asking for permition. You can prevent deleting replays at all by selecting Options -> Delete original replays. If you put that off your replays will never be deleted.

So would you be so kind to remove your first line from your post _elEctriCo-? As it has nothing to do with the tool itself but might put people on bad thoughts smile.gif. And you're the first one to complain about this and you're one of the thousands and thousands of users of this tool since the Tib Wars version (that had the same mechanicals). smile.gif

+
# 16Ersatz Sep 3 2009, 13:52 PM
Thanx man smile.gif

+
# 17Winder Sep 11 2009, 21:04 PM
Well, this thing's useful, too bad I didn't come across it until now... Oh well, thanks anyway :)

Game: Universe at War

+
# 18JoZhA Jan 13 2010, 12:50 PM
is wmm still around? he should make button for fast check of the stats on ra3boards =))

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 19Masked Jan 13 2010, 22:02 PM
He is he comes in and makes the odd epic post. tongue.gif

Game: None

+
# 20Wmm Jan 14 2010, 17:48 PM
Lol @ Masked.

@ Johza. That would be a good idea. But don't expect anything soon as I'm kinda full with other programming work. I might look into it when I have time and motivation smile.gif.

Who's running ra3boards nowadays? I remember DolphinRider did it, but he quit or what?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)