Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Discuss Dealing With Battlewagons: An Epic Quest!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1angelsfan Aug 15 2009, 18:01 PM
FreedomX10A has released a guide titled Dealing With Battlewagons: An Epic Quest.

Post any thoughts, comments, etc. in this topic.

This post has been edited by angelsfan: Aug 15 2009, 18:49 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2Feline Aug 15 2009, 18:36 PM
hes a sm of elves i guess?

nice guide anyway, although alot of it seems common sense :y:

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 3FreedomX10A Aug 15 2009, 18:38 PM
Correct Elf SM indeed.

Thank you for your input, any points in specific that were common sense or just the whole thing in general?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Ab3r` Aug 15 2009, 23:47 PM
I find Elf vs dwarf in 2v2 very easy, I dunno about 1v1 as I haven't played it in years.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5Deadshot7 Aug 16 2009, 01:53 AM
ok?

So how are bw's being too strong a myth when it comes to mordor or goblins who also have fliers?

I do not believe either of them have a wide array of long-range archer heroes.

Nice guide for elves though.

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

+
# 6FreedomX10A Aug 16 2009, 02:11 AM
Actually battlewagons can easily take flyers if you can get the MoD to target them and battlewagons if you read the balance topic are very controversial at the moment.

+
# 7angelsfan Aug 16 2009, 04:49 AM
QUOTE(Deadshot7 @ Aug 15 2009, 18:53 PM) *

So how are bw's being too strong a myth when it comes to mordor or goblins who also have fliers?

Well myth is not perhaps the right word taken in context of the guide. It is more of a concept or generally held idea, rather than a myth, which may or may not be true.

+
# 8Aberrance` Aug 16 2009, 12:13 PM
Shit guide.

+
# 9Valente Aug 16 2009, 20:27 PM
QUOTE(Ana @ Aug 16 2009, 13:13 PM) *

Shit guide.

I love Thranduil.

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 10FreedomX10A Aug 17 2009, 02:05 AM
QUOTE(Ana @ Aug 16 2009, 12:13 PM) *

Shit guide.

wub.gif you too.

+
# 11WNxPatchaxx Aug 17 2009, 05:56 AM
Nice guide smile.gif Good to see some peeps taking time to write guides biggrin.gif

Tbh though I never get Arwen vs Dwarves. Haldir is pro though.

And I believe BWs do shine also in early game ohmy.gif

+
# 12Mifune Aug 17 2009, 13:54 PM
QUOTE(Deadshot7 @ Aug 16 2009, 01:53 AM) *

ok?

I do not believe either of them have a wide array of long-range archer heroes.

Nice guide for elves though.

Mordor's army of running heroes can catch and flank Bws. Not to mention that orcspam + pike spam>>>> BWs.

Goblins have Droggy taht 1 shots Bws. Lings counter Bws so easily its not even funny and gobs have uber fast pike that come out of tunnels and basically 1 shot Bws.

Different factions, different situations

Good guide btw

This post has been edited by Mifune: Aug 17 2009, 13:54 PM

+
# 13FreedomX10A Aug 17 2009, 15:20 PM
QUOTE(WNxPatchaxx @ Aug 17 2009, 05:56 AM) *

Nice guide smile.gif Good to see some peeps taking time to write guides biggrin.gif

Tbh though I never get Arwen vs Dwarves. Haldir is pro though.

And I believe BWs do shine also in early game ohmy.gif

In early game its more the BW being a prey rather than a predator because he knows he needs to keep a certain amount battlewagons otherwise his plan will fail and he knows that one or two don't really make much of a difference so he would have to attack you and run every time until he gets 4 and come back to harrase at full force which by then will be mid game.

Unless you didn't go farsight and scout him and he just happened to guess that you were elves and went 2tun>wagons and he just happened to creepjack and kill your archers, well then yes, they'll shine.

+
# 14Crabby Lobster Aug 18 2009, 23:30 PM
QUOTE(Mifune @ Aug 17 2009, 08:54 AM) *

Not to mention that orcspam + pike spam>>>> BWs.

Only vs a noob. Nazgul are good vs wagons but the MoD also kill Naz fast. There really isn't anything you can do, except spam and unit mix harder, vs several wagons with Mordor or Goblins.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 15Mifune Aug 19 2009, 01:40 AM
QUOTE(Ba1d`BuNNy @ Aug 18 2009, 23:30 PM) *

Only vs a noob. Nazgul are good vs wagons but the MoD also kill Naz fast. There really isn't anything you can do, except spam and unit mix harder, vs several wagons with Mordor or Goblins.

No offence but you have no idea what you are talking about. Bws cant deal with hardocore spam mixed with spears. the fact is that bw cant even trample 1 battalion before slowing down. Then, spears can catch and flank the bogged down bw. When the opponent brings tons of orcs and spears from different directions it simply isnt viable to defend with bws. One little slip and an very expensive bw is lost. You would be an idiot to upgrade Bws with MoD because they dont help at all vs orcs and spears because they kill them so slowly and put such a strain on your economy.

Naz counter Bws very easily. The only time Bws with MoD beat naz is when the naz is heavely outnumbered and this shouldnt happen since they cost about the same and naz costs a lot less to rebuild. Bws should realistically be spammed becasue they are constantly lost to naz that can catch and flank bws.

There is no argument here. Bws are not good in this mu.They may only be usueful in very small numbers in certain situations but you would have to be an diiot to base your game on Bws.

+
# 16Crabby Lobster Aug 19 2009, 03:14 AM
Seriously, watch/play games vs Steve's Dwarves. He gets BWs super fast vs Mordor and then owns. Spammed Wagons will not slow down to anything btw. If you attack a much bigger army than your own with anything, you deserve to lose your units.

+
# 17FreedomX10A Aug 19 2009, 03:46 AM
Any pro that I've ever played who has attempted to make battlewagons vs my mordor has lost so badly, I believe one game was against nathan.

+
# 18WNxPatchaxx Aug 19 2009, 04:01 AM
QUOTE(FreedomX10A @ Aug 17 2009, 11:20 AM) *

In early game its more the BW being a prey rather than a predator because he knows he needs to keep a certain amount battlewagons otherwise his plan will fail and he knows that one or two don't really make much of a difference so he would have to attack you and run every time until he gets 4 and come back to harrase at full force which by then will be mid game.
Yeh that's a true thing.

They can still be mean though tongue.gif

+
# 19Crabby Lobster Aug 19 2009, 17:46 PM
QUOTE(FreedomX10A @ Aug 18 2009, 22:46 PM) *

Any pro that I've ever played who has attempted to make battlewagons vs my mordor has lost so badly, I believe one game was against nathan.

Nathan's Dwarves are overrated imo. Steve is the best Dwarf player, based on my games vs him. Double HoW than Wagons is probably the safer bo though, cuz you'll have more for defense and getting his PBs. But BW spam is annoying after that.

This post has been edited by Ba1d`BuNNy: Aug 19 2009, 17:46 PM

+
# 20Mifune Aug 19 2009, 17:56 PM
lol i dont care what steve does. He is considered a good palyer not for his innovative strategies but for his superior micro and macro(farm building ,harassment etc.). He could easily win vs you without building any bws in that mu since a good guards+ spear + gloin spam can easily finish a mordor early game when they dont have an advantage.

You are welcome to post the reps though. maybe I am missing something and spammed Bws are actually useful in that mu...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)