Red Alert 3

Public domain music for intro? suggestions?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mendel Aug 29 2009, 13:56 PM
I might end up changing my intro music because some copyright issues might pop up even though I personally think it should be covered by "fair use".

So in any case, as a precaution just to be safe, I'm taking suggestions for free/publicdomain music that you would like me to use in my vod intro in the future.

I'll probably also edit/make new intro video for it so you don't need to worry about it fitting the current intro video.

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Mendel Aug 30 2009, 23:13 PM
Was browsing through a public domain website and quite frankly, it doesn't seem like there is such a thing as free music.

So, without further ado, I'll start composing my own music then biggrin.gif

Just kidding I'll start asking if I can get permission to use something.

This post has been edited by Mendel: Aug 31 2009, 14:21 PM

+
# 3JohnT Sep 2 2009, 01:41 AM
i'm no lawyer but i really don't think anyone will come after you for this... you're not making money on vods, and there's not a very large audience. unless your conscience just can't handle it, I'd say use whatever you want. I do biggrin.gif.

+
# 4Designer Hat Sep 3 2009, 01:38 AM
they can only sue you if they can prove damages

you're not damaging the artist

+
# 5Darksbane Sep 3 2009, 10:09 AM
The court will now hear the case of Folk singers vs Designer hat. Dispute over usage of "the old grey mare".

Clan: Fury

+
# 6Mendel Sep 4 2009, 15:39 PM
lol!

Still, it would be nice if I could actually get a permission to use some music, so while I'll keep the current intro for the time being, I'll keep an eye out for alternatives!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)