Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

RA3Boards Clan Wars Tournament #1 Started!

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1storm717 Sep 1 2009, 22:32 PM
Hey guys, RA3Boards' Clan Wars is officially now OUT OF BETA, meaning the first REAL contest has started! It will run all month long (from 9/1/09 00:00 to 9/30/09 23:59, EALA time)

What is Clan Wars?
You can create or join a clan over at ra3boards.com, and start playing games! It's really that easy. All automatch (ranked) games count if you fight any members from another clan, as well as unranked custom games if you want them to.

There are two separate ladders: one ranking clans, and one ranking players.

What is the prize?
Currently, the prize is $100, $50 for the top player and $50 for the top clan. This is subject to change if more people want to donate money for the prize pool!

How does it work? How do I join a clan? How do the rankings work?!
See the Clan Wars FAQ. If that didn't answer your question, post here, or email [email protected]

Rules, etc?
Don't be a bitch, cheat, exploit, DC, or attempt to be unsportsmanlike. Full detailed rules will be available soon for those who feel the need to have common sense spelled out for them.

What else?
RA3Boards.com provides a wealth of resources for the RA3 community, such as the custom dynamic signatures seen on all RA3 forums, detailed match tracking and leaderboard creation, to even DC history reviewing for fair-play teams on community sites like GR.org. So sign up today!

Quick LinksCommunity Posts

This post has been edited by DolphinRider: Sep 3 2009, 22:46 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Askavenger Sep 2 2009, 00:39 AM
PM me, Simpleforce's account needs to be fixed (He doesn't remember his user or pass) so he can join my team, and I can't do much without him in 2v2.

+
# 3storm717 Sep 2 2009, 00:51 AM
QUOTE(Askavenger @ Sep 1 2009, 19:39 PM) *

PM me, Simpleforce's account needs to be fixed (He doesn't remember his user or pass) so he can join my team, and I can't do much without him in 2v2.

Tell him to check his email for info about his account

+
# 4Askavenger Sep 2 2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks, 20 some odd clans out there already playing games. Looks like a promising alternative to Ladder.

+
# 5MYM.s0nny Sep 2 2009, 06:37 AM
The site looks great, I hope for people to donate some money, Gamereplays, halo? tongue.gif

+
# 6xnavigator Sep 2 2009, 08:06 AM
QUOTE(DolphinRider @ Sep 1 2009, 22:32 PM) *

Alternatively, you can click one of the ads on the site if it seems interesting enough to you to help fund the development and prizes of the website.

i discourage this, adsense doens't allow fake click or similar.. on other hand if u fake click u make losing money for your advertisers (eg. they will not more show on ur site).

donation is the way.

i suggest u to edit ur initial post.

This post has been edited by xnavigator: Sep 2 2009, 08:07 AM

+
# 7storm717 Sep 2 2009, 13:47 PM
QUOTE(xnavigator @ Sep 2 2009, 03:06 AM) *

i discourage this, adsense doens't allow fake click or similar.. on other hand if u fake click u make losing money for your advertisers (eg. they will not more show on ur site).

donation is the way.

i suggest u to edit ur initial post.

I just bolded what I originally wrote to stress that you should only click what you actually are interested in. I wrote that so that it was clear the little money made via ads goes directly into potential prize money or using more bandwidth for the site, but yes, anybody spam clicking ads will probably just get ignored as Google is extremely good at noticing that sort of shit.

However, the money made from ads is rather pathetic, so if you want to directly support the site, donation is the way to go as xnav said.

Also, if you guys are wanting any new features or ideas, I am still open to adding stuff, so lemmmmme know.

+
# 8-Netput Sep 2 2009, 14:36 PM
GL everyone participating biggrin.gif

I assume you also posted this on other websites? smile.gif
united forums / official website to start with?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 9storm717 Sep 2 2009, 15:54 PM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Sep 2 2009, 09:36 AM) *

GL everyone participating biggrin.gif

I assume you also posted this on other websites? smile.gif
united forums / official website to start with?

Yep, just got done spamming it out to the other RA3 sites:

Community Posts

+
# 10kustodian Sep 2 2009, 16:34 PM
Good luck biggrin.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 11RicoMinovo Sep 2 2009, 17:29 PM
I know for BFME2, we went to the 2v2 room and said "1v1 CW anyone?".

Is there a lobby that we are trying to focus on (casual 1?) to increase our chance of finding a non-AM game?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 12storm717 Sep 2 2009, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(RicoMinovo @ Sep 2 2009, 12:29 PM) *

I know for BFME2, we went to the 2v2 room and said "1v1 CW anyone?".

Is there a lobby that we are trying to focus on (casual 1?) to increase our chance of finding a non-AM game?

Not sure really, maybe somebody who plays a lot of CW games can comment? I'm guessing they just do it in casual 1 since that's where I've seen them, but I know casual 2 was used for the old CW.cc

+
# 13m1ch4l Sep 2 2009, 21:04 PM
I think casual 1 is best.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14-Netput Sep 3 2009, 08:28 AM
probably casual 1 indeed, as there aren't that many players online any way.

+
# 158x3QYlbPkD Sep 3 2009, 09:03 AM
QUOTE(DolphinRider @ Sep 2 2009, 13:47 PM) *

I just bolded what I originally wrote to stress that you should only click what you actually are interested in. I wrote that so that it was clear the little money made via ads goes directly into potential prize money or using more bandwidth for the site, but yes, anybody spam clicking ads will probably just get ignored as Google is extremely good at noticing that sort of shit.

However, the money made from ads is rather pathetic, so if you want to directly support the site, donation is the way to go as xnav said.

Also, if you guys are wanting any new features or ideas, I am still open to adding stuff, so lemmmmme know.

You get money ad clicks? IMO that's kinda stupid because if they make a shit add, your getting less money for it

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 16xnavigator Sep 3 2009, 09:33 AM
QUOTE(arabjuice @ Sep 3 2009, 09:03 AM) *

if they make a shit add

what

+
# 17-Netput Sep 3 2009, 09:41 AM
lol happy.gif

+
# 188x3QYlbPkD Sep 3 2009, 10:00 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Sep 3 2009, 09:41 AM) *

lol happy.gif

No you tit i didn't mean an add selling shit

+
# 19RicoMinovo Sep 3 2009, 17:17 PM
To clear this up, I think you mean it should not be DolphinRiders job to make an interesting add, his resposibility should just to give a certian number of "impressions". Therefore it makes more sense to pay him by how many people he can drive to the site, not by how many people get excited enough about an add, to click on it.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 208x3QYlbPkD Sep 3 2009, 21:11 PM
QUOTE(RicoMinovo @ Sep 3 2009, 17:17 PM) *

To clear this up, I think you mean it should not be DolphinRiders job to make an interesting add, his resposibility should just to give a certian number of "impressions". Therefore it makes more sense to pay him by how many people he can drive to the site, not by how many people get excited enough about an add, to click on it.

Now i rethink it, maybe it's a mixed bag as if it wasby page views he could hide it at the bottom or something

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)