Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CoH World Builder Issues

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Quzzie Sep 9 2009, 01:04 AM
When I try to start the world builder I get this error message:

"C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\WorldBuilder.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I have used the world builder before and I haven't done anything to the computer or to any CoH related files since I last used it.

Has anyone else had this problem and does someone know how to fix it?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2aramonkg Sep 9 2009, 02:16 AM
Consider uploading the World Builder logs. They should be under [My Documents]\My Games\Company of Heroes\Logfiles\World Builder+[Date/Time Stamp]. The time stamp suffix will be different for each launch of the World Builder. If you get the error each time you launch it, the last one would do.

In addition you could try (re)installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, since errors with the description you have provided, are connected to misconfigured/damaged installation of the specific software.

This post has been edited by aramonkg: Sep 9 2009, 02:16 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Quzzie Sep 9 2009, 05:43 AM
I downloaded and installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable", it did not solve the problem.

And sorry I'm not very good with computers, what file exactly is it you want me to upload?
In the directory you've specified I find several empty folders with the name "World Builder Date/Time Stamp" but there isn't anything to upload.

Also there are several .txt files in there. But they are called "datacrc.2009-04-29.02-51-08.1.txt" and "syncerror_previousframe_9214.2009-05-25.18-35-04" (just to name a few).

What file is it you want me to upload?

+
# 4aramonkg Sep 9 2009, 21:19 PM
QUOTE(Quzzie @ Sep 9 2009, 08:43 AM) *

And sorry I'm not very good with computers, what file exactly is it you want me to upload?
In the directory you've specified I find several empty folders with the name "World Builder Date/Time Stamp" but there isn't anything to upload.

Ye, well, my fault, or rather Relic's. The file you want to upload is the usual warnings.log. The game as well as the World Builder log events in the same file. See this sticky thread; Read before posting questions, for how to find warnings.log. The file you upload must be one exactly after the launch of World Builder. If you run the game this file will be overwritten.

+
# 5Quzzie Sep 10 2009, 12:12 PM
Bleh I'm illiterate when it comes to computers. The warning logs haven't been changed since 2009-05-19 so I'm guessing you don't want those...

Well, I guess there's not much you can do. But thanks for trying!
And good luck in the tourney tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing you and 12azor battle it out in round 4 =P.

(I'll just re-install windows and CoH and we'll see what happens.)

+
# 6Denviper Sep 15 2009, 16:11 PM
I recently used mod studio(corsix) to do some stuff. Now I guess I made a mod and now my worldbuilder thinks their is a mod loaded and I can't load maps anymore...
It says its outside of all known mods etc. Well I know I've put them in the right place because it worked before but now it seems to be F***** up....
Is their a way to fix this?

Thank you for reading this.

Denviper.

+
# 7aramonkg Sep 15 2009, 21:10 PM
Hmm... What error message or warning are you getting? Consider uploading the warnings.log as described in this sticky thread; Read before posting questions. The warnings.log file must be the one immediately after a run of the World Builder.

Are you absolutely certain that you have properly configured your mod so as not to overwrite the original CoH files?

+
# 8Denviper Sep 16 2009, 12:53 PM
Let me explain it a little better.
I did not want to make a mod but I guess thats what happened and now the worldbuilder thinks the maps are not in the good location.
The warning I get is: The file 'C:\documents and settings\----\mijn documenten\my games\company of heroes\ww2\data\scenarios\mp\mapname.sgb' is outside of all known mods.
Well when I would put them their it would work but now it gives me this message.

And for the warning file their is none. I guess the program does not see it as a warning but as a wrong path inserted. The worldbuilder does not crash but doesnt do anything either... It just keeps giving me the freaking message tongue.gif

And how can I see if I have overwritten any files?

And o I'm thinking of just reinstalling so the mod is gone but... I don't want to patch again is their a way to keep the patches on my pc so my game is up to date when reinstalling?

This post has been edited by Denviper: Sep 16 2009, 13:07 PM

+
# 9aramonkg Sep 16 2009, 13:43 PM
Seems that the World Builder uses the first alphabetically sorted .module file in the CoH installation folder, usually C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes, to load the data that it will use.

So in order to be able to load a map you created using the standard CoH game files or a specific mod, you should make sure there is not a file with the .module extension in you CoH folder that comes before RelicCoH.module, the default CoH mod, or the mod that you used to create that map.

This is actually a condensed version of this thread; Outside of all known mods, which you can find at the CoH Worldbuilder General Discussion forum.

This post has been edited by aramonkg: Sep 16 2009, 13:45 PM

+
# 10Denviper Sep 16 2009, 13:52 PM
I have already seen this thread and well I just placed reliccoh.module before everything else.
Is their a special way to do this?

Anyways is their a way to reinstall without having to download all patches again?

+
# 11Denviper Sep 16 2009, 17:19 PM
Lol I found out what the problem was xD.
I made a mod called 'coh' without knowing it, so mod studio created a coh.module in the company of heroes map.
Now I thought that was from the orginal game but well I've tried everything and I was thinking about your post. So I randomly started copying files and deleting them to see what one was the problem. And after 5 minutes I deleted coh.module and everything works again.

Thanks for helping me out I really appreciate it.

This thread can be closed I think.

Greetz, DenViper

+
# 12Ni Wassssup Sep 20 2009, 23:36 PM
First off let me say hi seems as though im new to the forum,i have a problem with worldbuilder(lol so does every else sad.gif )i know how to make maps and i know where to put them folder wise.my problem is when i load my map up i start to play and it will crash to my desktop after about 5 mins of play,i have tried again and again but same outcome every time "CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE"

+
# 13TrouserDemon Sep 20 2009, 23:42 PM
Moving to Tech Support.

+
# 14aramonkg Sep 21 2009, 00:51 AM
QUOTE(Ni Wassssup @ Sep 21 2009, 02:36 AM) *

First off let me say hi seems as though im new to the forum,i have a problem with worldbuilder(lol so does every else sad.gif )i know how to make maps and i know where to put them folder wise.my problem is when i load my map up i start to play and it will crash to my desktop after about 5 mins of play,i have tried again and again but same outcome every time "CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE"

Please provide your warnings.log, DxDiag report and the crash dump file as per this sticky thread; Read before posting questions. The warnings.log file must come from a CoH session in which the error has occurred, not any session. This file gets overwritten each time you launch CoH.

Given that the reports reveal a map induced error, it may also be that you have not properly configured your map, or portions of your map. In that case you may want to seek advice in the CoH Worldbuilder General Discussion forum.

+
# 15ninjabiscuit Oct 26 2009, 00:28 AM
I have been having this difficulty for quite a while on WB and I can't seem to get past it. I open WB and

decide to start a new multiplayer map from drop down file menu, but find that I do not receive a window

to augment the dimensions of the map nor do I get a desert wasteland to appear on the screen after

selecting the dimensions. The screen stays gray and nothing happens. I thought it may have been a

problem with my computer but my pc is relatively new and was good when i bought it. I have worked on

WB just a little and have got it to open on computers sub par to my own with ease, but i guess vista may

be the culprit behind this.

I have already tried reinstalling the game and its patches, but with no luck.

Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get a map to spawn on WB?

Edit: I added two different warning.log files in the event that one was not the appropriate file, and my diagnostic of the computer. I apologize in advance for not doing this earlier, but I am a nub to the forums. =(
If there is anything else that you think I should include to resolve this then do not hesitate to post.

I found this post that seems to sum up my difficulties by another poster, but I still haven't the foggiest clue what was done to fix it.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=542921

Attached File DxDiag.txt
Size: 36.91k
Number of downloads: 66
Attached File warnings.log
Size: 1.89k
Number of downloads: 68
Attached File warnings1.log
Size: 1.96k
Number of downloads: 65

This post has been edited by aramonkg: Oct 28 2009, 12:45 PM

+
# 16aramonkg Oct 26 2009, 15:09 PM
Once you have experienced this problem, locate and upload the warnings.log file that was created. See this thread for how to do that; Read Before Posting Questions.

+
# 17aramonkg Oct 28 2009, 12:50 PM
@ninjabiscuit

See post #9 of this thread. Essentially, you have a module file named Corsixs_Mod inside your CoH installation folder that overrides the RelicCOH.module that contains the default CoH data configuration. You have to either delete or rename that file to something that comes alphabetically after the name RelicCOH.

WorldBuilder searches your CoH alphabetically for .module files and loads the first that it finds. If it is something other than the default it is highly likely you will experience errors.

+
# 18ninjabiscuit Oct 28 2009, 22:01 PM
QUOTE(aramonkg @ Oct 28 2009, 12:50 PM) *

@ninjabiscuit

See post #9 of this thread. Essentially, you have a module file named Corsixs_Mod inside your CoH installation folder that overrides the RelicCOH.module that contains the default CoH data configuration. You have to either delete or rename that file to something that comes alphabetically after the name RelicCOH.

WorldBuilder searches your CoH alphabetically for .module files and loads the first that it finds. If it is something other than the default it is highly likely you will experience errors.

Cheers! It works. Thank you so much.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)