Maybe
4.63% (5)
Only if I could play as Kanye....whoops I meant Kane

Total Votes: 108
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AgmLauncher Sep 22 2009, 17:52 PM
Article

What do you guys think? Would you play a tiberium-based MMORPG if it came to that?

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2Javdani Sep 22 2009, 18:22 PM
No, but I've sworn to never touch another MMO. I find them wastes of time and the first one I played I had no idea what I was getting into, I do now.

Future games for me:
- Heroes of Newerth
- Starcraft2
- Diablo3

And I think I was looking forward to some shooter I can't remember atm.

Is the C&C fanbase even big enough for them to do an MMO?

+
# 3Designer Hat Sep 22 2009, 18:48 PM
QUOTE(Javdani @ Sep 22 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Is the C&C fanbase even big enough for them to do an MMO?

this was my first thought...

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 4EdenFLUX Sep 22 2009, 19:02 PM
I hate MMOs in general; they require too much time to get good, you dont really gain any skill, and sometimes its purely ridiculousness
Like getting 50 ppl together to kill a f**king bear is stupid

Any of you guys played Planetside? If EA made an FPSMMO like that in the Tiberium universe i'd be absolutely hyper about it.

+1

This post has been edited by loxlo: Sep 23 2009, 19:00 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5bavbav Sep 22 2009, 19:20 PM
you forgot 1 point, they canceled tiberium FPS, so that might simply convert to this future mmo if its developed

otherwise no, i would not play it, dont like mmos. im not crazy about c&c universe either

+
# 6Kefko Sep 22 2009, 19:39 PM
The tiberium universe... an Mmorpger?

AGM I love you as a commentator but seriously... what are you on?? Better yet why do articles like these get on the main page???

No I would never play it, why not let's make Call of Duty's next game a mmorpg aswell, one were you'll be called for duty to go collect some gold in woods together, with guns...

Seriously what is wrong with some people these days...

This post has been edited by Disco2Disco: Feb 10 2010, 23:24 PM

+
# 7oscarg Sep 22 2009, 19:53 PM
hmmm, interesting read, might be an interesting idea, an morp based on the tiberium universe, if it would turn out good i would definately buy it.

make it like fallout, with weapons, i will strangle myself if i have to use damn swords the entire game.

Game: None

+
# 8Masked Sep 22 2009, 19:54 PM
good article, but i hope it is their cash cow to fund better games

Thats all i can say without it being deemed trolling

Game: None

+
# 9AgmLauncher Sep 22 2009, 20:03 PM
what are you on?? Better yet why do articles like these get on the main page???

No offense, but you're asking me what I'm on in the face of all the facts we know about C&C 4 and how un-RTS it is? Don't blame me for EA's radical departure from C&C. I didn't invent the quote in the article. You tell ME what you think that could possibly mean. There aren't many possibilities...

Would you honestly be shocked if EA converted the tiberium universe to an MMO?

What kinds of articles would you want to see on the front page? A rehash of the same information everyone already knows about C&C 4, or something that's unique, original, and forward thinking???

Clan: CrAzY

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 10Fat_Swinub Sep 22 2009, 20:18 PM
Seriously doubt they would ever do it. It wasn't the IP that was the reason their MMO failed, it's because no one wants to pay monthly for yet another grindfest MMO. If they're going to move the C&C universe to another genre, it'll be FPS because it's the only other genre that makes sense and FPSes sell.

+
# 11D1g1TaL Sep 22 2009, 20:22 PM
I don't like the direction EA are taking with C&C.

If piracy was hitting sales they should focus more on multiplayer because you need a valid CD key to play it whereas you can just used a cracked version for SP. Also making people have to connect to the internet all the time to play will reduce piracy as well.

The people who play C&C play it because they like RTS. If people liked MMORGs they wouldn't be playing C&C they would be playing WoW/Warhammer so if EA are going to make a C&C MMORG there going to be appealing to a different set of people all together. Why would anyone pay to play a C&C MMORG which would be sub par to the likes of WoW and Warhammer ?

I don't like MMORGs and I wouldn't play a C&C MMORG. I don't like FPS so I didn't play Renagade.

Also I fear that if EA continue down the road of micro only with free units from a giant crawler, no base building/macro I think the game is going to get boring, shallow and frustrating for the hardcore player very fast.

+
# 12HappyNihil Sep 22 2009, 20:22 PM
Any at least a little bit popular IP can be made into MMORPG. MMORPGs can be cashcows. That´s pretty much all. No need to overanalyze this.
However much more important question than the ones you asked would be:

Does EA have any reason to believe they would succeed with CNC when many many many other MMORPGS failed?

Having popular IP isn´t enough (Star Wars Galaxies...).
Plus I don´t think that MMORPG is probable, MMORTS or Tiberium redone to be something like Global Agenda is imo more viable.

Game: Men of War: Assault Squad

+
# 13Cryo Tempest Sep 22 2009, 20:43 PM
I doubt that EA would MMORPG CnC 4, thats just a jerk move to suddenly make then finally of a saga something that its not, sure it has a couple similarities like player progression but my impression isn't anywhere close to an MMO, if you have played Rainbow Six Vegas 2 then you know what I'm talking about, because thats what CnC 4's player progression sounds like because in both you earn points that get you stuff that is useable anywhere in the game and in CnC 4 you can chose what you get versus just being given whatever was next and on Vegas you didn't have to be online while you played, I didn't have Xbox live when I bought the game and when I did get it all my stats were transfered, I'm saying the bit about stats because some people were worried about having to be online all the time to get their player progression to register. If EA wants to make a Tiberium based MMORPG and they think it will succeed then by all means go for it, I just have a hard time believing that they would make that radical of a change from RTS to MMORPG in one game and especially the last one in a saga, mainly because that would be a really jerk move.

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 14Elletg Sep 22 2009, 21:06 PM
I wouldn't get a C&C MMO as I truly hate MMO's.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 15WonderWall Sep 22 2009, 21:14 PM
maybe...lol, I'd like to see the comunity reaction hrhehrrhr

+
# 16lazy6pyro Sep 22 2009, 21:27 PM
It could happen. Why?

The fiction is deep enough. There is quite a bit still missing from GDI, Nod, Scrin and Forgotten and an MMO can really dig deep into the faction bibles.

The basis has been laid before: I honestly can't comprehend why no one has mentioned C&C Continuum yet (terrible research on AGM's part), as it was a WW MMO project that was ongoing right until the merger into EALA. It was to feature GDI, Nod, Cabal, Forgotten and possibly Scrin. Even though much of the designs and fiction has probably already been integrated into CnC3 or CnC4, the groundwork is certainly still there. Plus, EA has a habit of piggy-backing off of its former child company's designs and ideas.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 17404Kev Sep 22 2009, 21:31 PM
Haha, EA making quality games. That's a good one.

Every time an indie company is bought out by EA corp I know that any hopes for innovation are gone.
EA will probably make something of the IP, but its doubtful that it'll be a MMORPG.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 18Artanias Sep 22 2009, 22:33 PM
Any of you guys played Planetside? If EA made an FPSMMO like that in the Tiberium universe i'd be absolutely hyper about it.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 19CantgetAwin Sep 22 2009, 22:34 PM
Well conceived and very well written article. The concepts all make sense and seem to be pointing a finger in the direction of an MMO, however developing a MMO capable of competing with WOW is a bit like saying cnc4 can compete with SC2. Everyone knows that SC2 will be a much much higher quality gameplay experience. I think it's a great theory, but I just don't personally have faith in EA that they can pull it off.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 20toxicpuke Sep 22 2009, 23:34 PM
EA MMO= Epic fail! I really cant see them making a good MMO. If i was going to get one it would be blizzard or guild wars before anything EA came out with. They can hardly make agood RTS. The reason Kanes wrath wasnt as big as EA wanted it to be was THEIR lack of patching and releasing it in a decent state. Granted some people want to see what happens to kane and they pirate it not wanted to spend money on a not bad game but not really anyhting to go wow about (i see tons of people in the lobby using pirated versions lol)-(joke not really alot of people online). Its not like i could walk up to my friends and say play this youll like it! Because i know its not 100% true. Thats why C&C failed money wise.

Game: Kings and Castles

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)