Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2N4iL Oct 20 2009, 20:11 PM
i hate skills that go through magic immunity

+
# 3ToRtUr3 Oct 21 2009, 14:56 PM
I'd like to point out 3 things about this guide.

1. His Sword Throw nuke IS NOT the strongest nonult (330 damage) in the game. Thunderbringer's Nuke does 350 and Nymphora's Volatile Pod does 360 damage. There also quite a few others that are DoTs that do more.
2. I really prefer having Elder Parasite instead of Whispering Helm in early/mid game for the insane amount of damage you can deal by then for such small amount of money. Being able to hit for +100 Attack speed and gaining +20% movement speed is the best mechanism to chase down any Hero and kill them with ease, they won't even try to attack you as you will have them down in seconds if they try. Ofcourse you won't be initiating and then turn it on in the middle of the action unless you have Shrunken Head and Life Essence on (which will just burst them away). This is simply for lane ganking untill the real battles start. It also serves great as a quick way to farm neutral or enemy creeps and to load up on health quickly.
3. I'd also always pick Shrunken Head as you will be the main initiator and target anyway, so don't put it as Or.

I probably said this often already, but Maliken is NOT a tank, he's a god damn carry and one of the best ones too, so treat him like that please. I'd also always pick Shrunken Head as you will be the main initiator and target anyway, so don't put it as Or.

Besides those 3 points I would say that this guide is quite nice and helpful. thum.gif

This post has been edited by ToRtUr3^: Oct 21 2009, 14:58 PM

+
# 4Utred Oct 21 2009, 16:37 PM
1. His Sword Throw nuke IS NOT the strongest nonult (330 damage) in the game. Thunderbringer's Nuke does 350 and Nymphora's Volatile Pod does 360 damage. There also quite a few others that are DoTs that do more.

Indeed. It is the most damaging aoe nuke in the game though. Nymph's pod is not a nuke imo, it's a mine tongue.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 5ToRtUr3 Oct 21 2009, 16:55 PM
Still TB has a stronger nuke if the 330 damage are accurate according to the guide.

This post has been edited by ToRtUr3^: Oct 21 2009, 16:56 PM

+
# 6Utred Oct 21 2009, 18:10 PM
I said AoE.

+
# 7X-Flame Oct 21 2009, 19:11 PM
Jeraziah's Inner Light. Deals 360 true damage at lvl 4 in area around himself.

Game: None

+
# 8Utred Oct 21 2009, 20:09 PM
Not a nuke. If that counts shaman wins with 700 dmg iirc.

This post has been edited by Utred: Oct 21 2009, 20:10 PM

+
# 9ToRtUr3 Oct 21 2009, 20:41 PM
They are STILL nukes. Even Nymph's pod.

Also he wrote "With Sword of the Damned it is the most damaging non-ult spell in the game (hitting for 330 damage with both skills maxed).". There is nothing indicating it being the strongest AoE nuke which it isn't either. So yet again Thunderbringer still wins with his nuke if the others don't count in your eyes.

This post has been edited by ToRtUr3^: Oct 21 2009, 20:43 PM

+
# 10Calneon Oct 21 2009, 20:58 PM
Such a small thing guys... you also could have pointed it out before the guide was released if you felt so passionate about it.

Clan: ArX

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 11kustodian Oct 21 2009, 22:08 PM
QUOTE(Calneon @ Oct 21 2009, 22:58 PM) *

Such a small thing guys... you also could have pointed it out before the guide was released if you felt so passionate about it.

Agree. Could everyone please stop bitching about this! It doesn't change the fact that the guide is good and that the sword throw is a very good skill.

+
# 12ToRtUr3 Oct 21 2009, 23:32 PM
Yeah sorry, I didn't look closely enough at it before. Didn't think it would be released this early either. whistling.gif

+
# 1312azor Oct 21 2009, 23:36 PM
Technically Thunderbringer with any spell against a massive HP hero is the highest nuke in the game with Static Field giving a % damage based on current HP.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 14-Netput Oct 22 2009, 16:30 PM
nice guide!
Will surely help when i ever get stuck with him in SD tongue.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 15IronMaiden Oct 23 2009, 03:21 AM
good guide. One of if not my favorite hero to play.

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 16Zolo Oct 23 2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks allot for this guide!

This is actually the first hero i have seem to be able to stick with for a couple of games straight and not get bored. He is very well rounded and although i seem to die still quite often, i am improving with him and will usually take at least 1 enemy down with me. The guide helped me allot thx.

Does anyone know what hero i should try to learn next, preferably a hero with a nice escape / initiate ability and great synergy like Maliken?

ps: Fist post on Gamereplays yay!

+
# 1712azor Oct 23 2009, 11:38 AM
QUOTE(Zolo @ Oct 23 2009, 10:22 AM) *

This is actually the first hero i have seem to be able to stick with for a couple of games straight and not get bored. He is very well rounded and although i seem to die still quite often, i am improving with him and will usually take at least 1 enemy down with me. The guide helped me allot thx.

Does anyone know what hero i should try to learn next, preferably a hero with a nice escape / initiate ability and great synergy like Maliken?

There really isn't anyone as beastly as Maliken at the moment.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 18Calneon Oct 23 2009, 11:43 AM
QUOTE(Zolo @ Oct 23 2009, 10:22 AM) *

I like Valkyrie, she has great initiation and escape skills (her arrow and leap), and takes a lot of skill to play well.

Clan: ArX

+
# 19kustodian Oct 23 2009, 16:51 PM
QUOTE(Zolo @ Oct 23 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Glad you like it and welcome to GR banana.gif

+
# 20ToRtUr3 Oct 23 2009, 17:04 PM
QUOTE(Zolo @ Oct 23 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Hmmmm... if you like blinking and good damage you could try Magebane. If you want to initiate and escape try Soulstealer with Assassins Shroud or Portal Key.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)