Company of Heroes

Please Insert Disk....

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Tams Nov 18 2009, 15:51 PM
Meh, anyone know how to fix? it's been fine for the last year since I bought it, the problem started yesterday. I've not changed anything on my OS or on steam...

The Steam boards are pittyful to get a responce, I would be grateful for any help.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File Robs_PC.txt
Size: 47.66k
Number of downloads: 721

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

Game: None

+
# 2PattonInTheBotB Nov 18 2009, 16:24 PM
Hello,
I have this problem too today maybe relic is updating something i dont know but you have to wait it will disappear soon smile.gif

This post has been edited by PattonInTheBotB: Nov 18 2009, 16:24 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3NorthernTrendkill Nov 18 2009, 16:45 PM
I have the same problem. Must be an update or something (It does show that relic downloader is connected though). Ill spare you all a major rant and just shout at my wall instead - or illegally download a cracked game that works fine!

+
# 4Tams Nov 18 2009, 16:46 PM
Pretty weird way for the game to tell us "Our servers are down!" tongue.gif

Thanks for the reply mate, if this is the case, ignore this topic:)

This post has been edited by VickersŪ: Nov 18 2009, 16:47 PM

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

Game: None

+
# 5NorthernTrendkill Nov 18 2009, 20:16 PM
Anyone else still having this problem? The lack of activity makes me think the problem is at my end. This is what happens:
1)Start game from Auto run on disk
2)THQ/DIVX/Nvidia/Relic Screens appear
3)Loading bar fills
4)Please insert disk box appears
5)As disk is already inserted I select OK
6)It then tries to validate and fails
7)It then asks me where I got the game from
8)I select Retail
9)It says cannot verify media - exit to windows

I have the Anthology Edition.

+
# 6NorthernTrendkill Nov 19 2009, 09:40 AM
Works fine now - I didnt change anything (didnt even restart). Must have been servers that were down.

+
# 7SmokeyJ Dec 1 2009, 17:37 PM
I have had this issue on and off for the last 2 months. It has happened a number of times.
I have COH OP.

It is annoying and I just reinsert disk and it loads correctly, weird.

+
# 8Laufer Dec 7 2009, 18:45 PM
Same problem today

+
# 9RUNJoy Dec 24 2009, 08:58 AM
To avoid reposts of the same issue: seems that we've got the same problem right now. I had just finished a long, long install and update from original retail vCoH to the current version, followed with scrubbing Securom from the PC, since reliconline allows DVDless. Warmed up with a skirmish to remember the hotkeys, went for another, and SHA-BANG, instant potatoes!

Er, I mean, "Please indicate where you purchased company of heroes." "Please insert your company of heroes disc."

Guess the servers are taking the holiday off. Good things it's Xmas eve and the house smells like a bakery, or I might be miffed.

+
# 10magpies1 Dec 24 2009, 10:07 AM
I also have same problem, just started today 24 Dec 09, cannot connect online. Time is 9pm here and I'm +11 GMT.

Asks me to insert COH disk, then just doesn't connect to online servers. No online games sad.gif

Would be nice if Relic actually updated their web site to tell us what is going on.
Maybe even use the news tab in the game.

Poor customer experience sad.gif

This post has been edited by magpies1: Dec 24 2009, 10:07 AM

+
# 11Patched Dec 24 2009, 12:10 PM
offline too post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 120s0k01 Dec 24 2009, 13:13 PM
Had the same problem last night during the scheduled maintenance. Was fine all day today, now its been offline again for about the last 5 hours.

+
# 13Korthan Dec 24 2009, 13:54 PM
I've been getting the 'Enter Company of Heroes Disc' message since about 10pm last night and it's still doing it now 6:50am the next day. -7GMT in Colorado.

Am I correct to assume it's because Relic has everything down or is it something else?

+
# 14sickofnoobteammates Dec 24 2009, 14:06 PM
This is bad news the servers could be down for the entire xmas period not sure there will be anyone at work to fix this.

+
# 15Garren Dec 24 2009, 15:07 PM
This is ridiculous. We are supposed to be able to play our games offline if we have the disc. It shouldn't matter what's going on with the servers. The fact that it cannot validate our perfectly legit, store bought discs is completely assinine. Relic needs to fix this and fix it now. All I want to do is watch some replays from GR.org and I can't do it.

+
# 16Renas Dec 24 2009, 15:34 PM
I can't play offline with my TOV disc, but when I put my vCOH disc in I can play offline.

+
# 17mordacity Dec 24 2009, 17:50 PM
Hey i keep trying to login to my acount on relic / coh , but it keeps askin for the OF CD , which i dont hav. I only have the TOV disk , when i click OK and it searches for the disk it says wrong disk. How can i get it to accept the TOV disk ?.. really wierd i cant even get in to play!!. plz help.

+
# 18NorthernTrendkill Jan 9 2010, 11:10 AM
It could be this:
The game does not associate ToV as the main key for the user account or it is not recognised as the main product for the account because it was not the original install when the account was created.
This is the question I posed on the THQ support website + emailed to relic:

Hi there,
I need to delete a product key from my account - not to transfer it or anything, just delete. Reason:

I purchased - retail - CoH and installed. The product key for this is associated with my relic account. I have since (after buying CoH OF but transferring that product key to a friend - different story) purchased - retail - a copy of CoH Gold/Anthology edition. With the Gold/Anthology edition I got 2 product keys - one on the back of the enclosed OF manual and one on the back of the enclosed ToV manual.

I re installed and added these two product keys. Now, when I try to play offline (which is about 50% of my gaming time), the game prompts me to insert the disk to validate. However, the only disk that will validate is my very first original CoH disk (as, I suspect, it is the 'main' product associated with my account).

This was fine until I recently scratched the disk so it will no longer work at all. When I try to validate using my Gold/Anthology disk, it is rejected. I can no longer play offline.

On my relic account page, the top serial is my original CoH product key which is why I suspect it is the 'main' product associated with my account.

Ive had no reply as of yet, but I will let you know if anything comes to light...

+
# 19NorthernTrendkill Jan 13 2010, 21:51 PM
Got a reply from THQ support today. They have deleted the specified key from my account. They did also mention that I may have to reinstall using the anthology edition - this was not the case. The game appears to now work from the anthology disk when not connected to relic servers.

In short:
-Use the disk and product key combo from your original install.
-If you do not have these then either contact THQ to change the 'main' disk/key combo to be used or...
-reinstall ensuring to delete all save data (I cannot confirm this second option as I didnt try it - it was suggested by THQ support).

+
# 20ceskSquadron Feb 5 2010, 10:42 AM
I recently had to re-install Company of Heroes (OF) due to a system reformat.

After installing, I launch the game and the same "Please insert disk" message pops up. After validating the disc, I am able to play the game offline, yet I am never logged in to RelicOnline. I try to log in manually, but to no avail. This has been repeatedly and frustratingly happening for the past 2 days now; I very much doubt that servers were down for these past 2 days.

I have uninstalled the game (as it is buggy and crashy due to no patches having been installed on it). I emailed Relic and THQ with this issue.. yet no reply (till now).

Thanks

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)