Red Alert 3

erm...what could i have done diffrent?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ikarius Nov 27 2009, 22:03 PM
so me and my partner got owned this time and im not too good with emp but i managed to get to rank 400 in 2v2 and im ok with some matchups of 100-600 rank players but this 1 totally stunned me...

Attached File(s)
Attached File octopon_loss.RA3Replay
Size: 365.49k
Number of downloads: 11
Player Name Side Team
AmerikaSucks 1
rebal8574 1
Echo8002 2
416986* 2

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Ryftig Nov 30 2009, 00:06 AM
Just some general things I noticed:

- Don't forget to always scout. After your first burst drone died, you were playing blind for a while.
- Value your units more. You had 4 tengus lang against 6 tengus and a turret. No way you're gonna kill anything and you lost them for nothing. If you scouted a little, you would have seen blue's 3rd ref = easy kill.
- Along the same lines, harass effectively and defend harassment. They got your partner with a turret push and your 3rd ref with a ST. Both are easily counterable. And you could have done the same thing to them. So be aware that this game is more than just massing units and having a giant battle.
- Lastly, help your partner. You had a bunch of tengus and VXs doing nothing while he was getting pushed. This is one of the biggest differences between 1v1 and 2v2/3v3. In 2v2, teamwork >> 2 simultaneous 1v1s.

Hope that helps a little.

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 3Ikarius Nov 30 2009, 01:45 AM
thanks man... i wuz puzzled, although i knew i shoulda helped me friend and atleast send a dojo with my 3rd ref... sad.gif scouting is still somethin i gotta hack at

+
# 4Ryftig Nov 30 2009, 04:24 AM
I'd say the two biggest things by far were scouting and keeping your units alive (which are kind of related). For example, don't leave your burst drone hanging around the middle of his base for long, because eventually he'll find something to kill it. It's less likely to die if it's slightly to the side, hard to see or something like that. Later in the game, you can use tengus to scout.

Also, you might consider putting 1 or 2 IWs in garrisons if they're untaken, since that gives you visibility. And you could consider taking observation posts. It's an investment, but if you're having trouble scouting, that could be one way to help/practice.

This post has been edited by Ryftig: Nov 30 2009, 04:25 AM

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 5Ikarius Nov 30 2009, 20:44 PM
cool, tyvm

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)