Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

I got LOTR BFME Anthology and none of the three...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mr.Aragorn Dec 16 2009, 17:39 PM
Hello guys smile.gif...

Already posted this on few forums still problem didn't fixed, i hope you guys can help me out..

I bought LOTR The battle for middle-earth Anthology today.. installed the first one.. i opened it as administrator, then the game's just freezes from the first picture that apears from the beginning , and stayed the way it is..i kept it for about 1 hour just to make sure, and yet the game is still freezes.. so i had to close it from "Task manager" , while the game was *not responding*..

The second game which is LOTRBFME II and the Add-on "the raise of the witch king".. got the same problem as the first one, but instead it shuts down from its own.. with message apears says "LOTRBFME II has stoped working" got this message for both, the main LOTR II game and the add-on..

Is this problem from my windows ?? i have windows 7 Home premuim 64-bit..?

Will i be getting any progress if i upgrade it to *Ultimate* for Windows XP Mode thing? which the game was working normaly with XP and Vista.. idk

btw.. my windows is up to date.. i updated my graphics card from Nvidia website, got latest drivers ,and the game is fully patched.

I tried disabling the Anti-virus and windows firewall, i also deleted the anti-virus just to make sure.. also changed the graphics card and put an old one i used it from my old pc, while i was running the game without a problem on my old PC having Windows XP pro on it..

I also turned of the UAC and restart my pc.. i reinstalled the games 1000x time and still got the same results lol..

this is a link from microsoft site saying that LOTR anthology is compatible with windows 7 the 64-bit virsion, so i have no clue whats wrong..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibi...g&os=64-bit

Please help, thank you so much! smile.gif

+
# 2VeNeNo` Dec 17 2009, 00:09 AM
I was telling u maybe windows 7 could cause problems but microsoft said it's ok.
Idk tbh..One time when a game didn't work on my laptop i brouht back to the shop and ask them to install on their pc,and we discovered the game itself was damaged.
This is my advice if you don't find the way to install it.

Clan: Da Unit

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 3Mr.Aragorn Dec 17 2009, 12:31 PM
QUOTE(Faby88 @ Dec 17 2009, 00:09 AM) *

I was telling u maybe windows 7 could cause problems but microsoft said it's ok.
Idk tbh..One time when a game didn't work on my laptop i brouht back to the shop and ask them to install on their pc,and we discovered the game itself was damaged.
This is my advice if you don't find the way to install it.

thanks for replay ^^..

the game actually installed fine all the way to "run" it.. the problem starts when i "run" the game, the screen freezes or its automatically shut down, the game isn't damaged though, i tried it on my brothers pc and worked fine, i'm also saying that problem could lies on my windows 64-bit, but also microsoft says its compatible, which makes me confused..

This post has been edited by Mr.Aragorn: Dec 17 2009, 12:33 PM

+
# 4VeNeNo` Dec 17 2009, 15:22 PM
So on your brother's pc everything works fine.Wich pc has your bro?I mean Xp,Vista,7 too?

+
# 5Mr.Aragorn Dec 17 2009, 18:09 PM
QUOTE(Faby88 @ Dec 17 2009, 15:22 PM) *

So on your brother's pc everything works fine.Wich pc has your bro?I mean Xp,Vista,7 too?

Yup he do have toshiba laptop with windows Vista 32-bit on it, and the game was also working fine on my old pc and my brother pc as well having windows XP pro on both.

This post has been edited by Mr.Aragorn: Dec 17 2009, 18:41 PM

+
# 6VeNeNo` Dec 17 2009, 19:27 PM
So it is windows 7 fault i guess but i'm not sure.

+
# 7Mr.Aragorn Dec 17 2009, 20:48 PM
Idk man.. some people have windows 7 and it worked with them.. i think it's the 64-bit version problem, but how wierd from microsoft saying its compatible with 64-bit and it didn't, it's like that they haven't tried it on 7, and thought like it would be compitable like vista did without even trying.. anyways thanks for trying to help.

+
# 8Mr.Aragorn Dec 17 2009, 20:54 PM
Is there anyone having Windoes 7 64-bit and played the game without problem? please let me know.

+
# 9Miho Dec 17 2009, 21:54 PM
Check for each game, if you have a game specific folder in AppData/Roaming (Run > %appdata%). If there are ones for BfME 1/2/RotWK, open them and check if they have sub folders and Options.ini in it.

Your errors sound like those files are missing.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Hardware

+
# 10Mr.Aragorn Dec 18 2009, 00:28 AM
QUOTE(Miho @ Dec 17 2009, 21:54 PM) *

Check for each game, if you have a game specific folder in AppData/Roaming (Run > %appdata%). If there are ones for BfME 1/2/RotWK, open them and check if they have sub folders and Options.ini in it.

Your errors sound like those files are missing.

Yea when i checked before, i didn't see any files inside the folders >>.. so what to do? copy all the files from the game and paste them through the folder?

+
# 11Mr.Aragorn Dec 18 2009, 00:39 AM
i copyed all files from the game and pasted them in the folder and still the same lol.. or perhaps i should do something else?

+
# 12Miho Dec 18 2009, 11:42 AM
I'll upload the required files tonight or tomorrow. Be patient 'til then.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Hardware

+
# 13Mr.Aragorn Dec 18 2009, 13:32 PM
QUOTE(Miho @ Dec 18 2009, 11:42 AM) *

I'll upload the required files tonight or tomorrow. Be patient 'til then.

Ok ty very much! ^^

+
# 14Skullhammer7370 Dec 27 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi All,

Any word on how this turned out? I have windows 7 64 Trying to play BFME2 collectors edition and I'm having the exact same problem. (all drivers up to date, PC very stable with everything else, no issues) I tried the option.ini trick and placed in the following Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" with no luck. When I select play the dvd starts humming and then eventually it comes up with a message that it needs to close. If it doesn''t work on windows 7 64 I'm ok with that I guess - but it seems like others have gotten it to work?? I can't seem to find a clear answer on how they got it to work? or what they did? Or is this just a mythical solution and my time might be better spent chasing Unicorns??

Thanks for your help - If I could get this to work I would truly appreciate it.

+
# 15Mr.Aragorn Dec 28 2009, 13:08 PM
QUOTE(Skullhammer7370 @ Dec 27 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Hi All,

Any word on how this turned out? I have windows 7 64 Trying to play BFME2 collectors edition and I'm having the exact same problem. (all drivers up to date, PC very stable with everything else, no issues) I tried the option.ini trick and placed in the following Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" with no luck. When I select play the dvd starts humming and then eventually it comes up with a message that it needs to close. If it doesn''t work on windows 7 64 I'm ok with that I guess - but it seems like others have gotten it to work?? I can't seem to find a clear answer on how they got it to work? or what they did? Or is this just a mythical solution and my time might be better spent chasing Unicorns??

Thanks for your help - If I could get this to work I would truly appreciate it.

Omg i fixed it! thank god!!

All you guys have to do is install the game into any pc/laptop that game works fine on it, then run the game normaly and create a *skirmish profile* then save it!.

Now close/quite the game, then go to *Start* then run %Appdata% then open "Roaming" Folder, then ===>"My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder, and COPY ALL the files inside the folder into an external/flash or anything you would like, AND PASTE them into YOUR not working windows 7 64-bit folder "Roaming" ===> "My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder, now run the game as administrator, thats all! no need to do the .ini trick or anything like it..if you still have the .ini file then delete it! i dont have it anyways.

Feel free to ask me if you got any problems, Then again, thanks for everyone who tried to help me out and happy holdey to all and marry xmas! ^^

+
# 16Skullhammer7370 Dec 28 2009, 14:59 PM
Congrats on fixing this! I don't have my XP machine anymore (donated) and have tried getting it to work in XP mode on my current machine (virtual). Then I run into the "Please insert the CD problem" and still it doesn't work. grrrr

1) How big is this Skirmish profile? Any chance you could attach it or paste the contents? ...oh now that I reread your comments your saying replace the entire contents of the "My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder from the working PC, into the windows 7 64 PC.... ugh that's not just some simple folder or file.

2) Could you provide the exact path of where you placed this information? I don't have a "roaming profile" but then again I'm the only one that uses this PC so I'm guessing it's not an issue??

3) Also you mentioned not needing the option.ini file do you have a widescreen monitor? Ive read several posts that it won't support widscreen and wonder if I truly still need it (I have a Widescreen)

Thanks for your help.

+
# 17Mr.Aragorn Dec 28 2009, 17:39 PM
QUOTE(Skullhammer7370 @ Dec 28 2009, 14:59 PM) *

Congrats on fixing this! I don't have my XP machine anymore (donated) and have tried getting it to work in XP mode on my current machine (virtual). Then I run into the "Please insert the CD problem" and still it doesn't work. grrrr

1) How big is this Skirmish profile? Any chance you could attach it or paste the contents? ...oh now that I reread your comments your saying replace the entire contents of the "My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder from the working PC, into the windows 7 64 PC.... ugh that's not just some simple folder or file.

2) Could you provide the exact path of where you placed this information? I don't have a "roaming profile" but then again I'm the only one that uses this PC so I'm guessing it's not an issue??

3) Also you mentioned not needing the option.ini file do you have a widescreen monitor? Ive read several posts that it won't support widscreen and wonder if I truly still need it (I have a Widescreen)

Thanks for your help.

Hi Skullhammer7370, thanks for the post firstly.

1)When you first Run the following ===> %Appdata% make sure the percentage symbol is included with the Appdata "%"..Go to *Start* then type it into the "Search programs and files" its a log where you *Run* things.. the *Roaming* folder will apear if you're using 7 or vista, then click *Enter* , i'm not sure about XP man, so click on it then you'll see "My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder.. open it and you'll see it empty right?

Well thats what causing the freeze.. so all you need is to copy a profile that you used to play LOTR on it and paste it with all the three games from the collection you bought..

Including the first LOTR and even the Add-on ROTWK.. they will all work without a problem, if you didn't see the LOTR bfme II inside the Roaming folder then you need to run the game first so the folder can be created, it'll not be created if you didn't run it, it'll freeze anyways so use *Task Manager* to close it, but you need to run it!..the files isn't actually big but you need to make your personal profile that contain save game and stuff you know, you can install the game anywhere, into any friends pc/laptop or even the shop you bought the game from just to solve the problem, copy the files from "My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files" folder and paste them into your personal computer LOTR folder from Roaming, then you'll be done, run the game and it'll work.

2)And about the "Please insert the CD" error, its only apears if the CD isn't inside the DVD writer, so make sure you don't adjust the game from the DVD writer, you need it everytime you want to play the game.. but then when the game starts you can take it off.

3)About my display, i do play the game with a Widescreen HDTV samsung 32 inch, and not using the .ini option at all, if your playing the game with a widescreen monitor then you don't need the .ini file, so delete it.

If you have anymore problems please tell me! ^^ thanks again.

This post has been edited by Mr.Aragorn: Dec 29 2009, 12:23 PM

+
# 18SpaZzNoobs Dec 29 2009, 19:01 PM
Could you possibly send me those files? I don't really have a pc that I can install BFME2 onto.

+
# 19Mr.Aragorn Dec 30 2009, 13:06 PM
QUOTE(SpaZzNoobs @ Dec 29 2009, 19:01 PM) *

Could you possibly send me those files? I don't really have a pc that I can install BFME2 onto.

Hi there, sorry to tell you that i can't send or upload the files because they contain my save game and some personal information in the game.. if you need the files you need to create your own profile into anywhere and then copy the files then delete the game from where you install it, you can go to the shop you bought the game from and get the files after you install the game in there.. they'll be glad to help you out if you explain your problem to them.

please to all who tried this out and got this fixed let me know, please!

thank you all.

+
# 20Skullhammer7370 Dec 31 2009, 23:35 PM
OMG - Mr Aragorn Thank you. I was able to get this installed on a friends PC and grabbed the file as you suggested and TA DA - it worked - Happy New Year

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)