Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

Upgrading PBs

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Xenith Jan 30 2010, 23:16 PM
Aside from the upgrades to get new units or the obvious ones like caves, I rarely see upped buildings. I'm starting to up my buildings a lot more now though, though I've found some just aren't worth it. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Raxs: Rank 3 is great and both ups are great, but stopping the spam for that long is pretty damaging. Usually I only up when I'm hitting my CP limit.

Elven rax: Ofc the rank 2 to get Mirks, but after that I always go for 3 as soon as possible. You get extra health, buildtime, and an arrow tower for less than a structural arrow.

Elven stables: I'll upgrade as soon as I'm not building lancers. Less important to spam lancers then inf and both ups are really cheap, so why not. The rank 3 one is the same as the Elven rax one except even cheaper. Rape.

HoW: Almost never do it. I find that you just can't afford to stop spamming units long enough to get to rank 3 in most cases.

Orc pits: Yea, no. Just build more for less money.

Harad palaces: Almost never see these upgraded, and yet they're my favorite buildings to up. Structural arrow on level 2, and fire arrow on rank 3, and both ups are less than a fort tower. I prefer building a new harad palace and upping it to building fort towers tbh if I don't need structural immediately. It gives you a backup PB, a tower away from the fort where it can't be taken out by a PP as easily as fort towers, and it's more damaging/more resilient.

Caves: Well no duh, mass rank 3 caves are seriously OP.

Uruk pit: Usually don't go to rank 3, just a buildtime boost and a bit more health isn't usually worth it I find. Only if I'm cashfloating.

Warg pit: Same as Elves tables. Rank 3 upgrade is great.

This post has been edited by Xenith: Jan 30 2010, 23:24 PM

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - 1.08

+
# 2angelsfan Jan 31 2010, 00:19 AM
I actually do prefer upgrading your Hall of Warriors. Once you get two pumping out units and are approaching your CP limit just upgrade them one at a time. The build time increase is really noticable, especially in mirrors.

I also like to upgrade my pb's by my fort if I know my opponent is going for earthquake or something similar to increase the odds of having them survive.

Clan: GoW

+
# 3Crabby Lobster Jan 31 2010, 01:44 AM
I up my PBs quite frequently actually. It's not cost-effective in comparison to just building more PBs though.

Clan: vKo

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4jondea Jun 29 2010, 14:45 PM
I love upping HoWs because they become insanely tough, interesting ideas. My rule is that if its 150 of 2 and 350 for 3 ill do it and others require a little more thought. I never really thought of it as a more resilient arrow tower but I guess your right.

This post has been edited by jondea: Jun 29 2010, 14:46 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 5Ambartanen Jul 3 2010, 17:07 PM
Junior

Hi <insert name here>.

Welcome to the Gamereplays Junior BFME staff! You will now have access to the BFME staff forums, as well as all the other portals staff rooms on Gamereplays. As a staff member it is expected that you recognize and uphold the forum guidelines and if necessary report those who donít. Further information on moderation can be located in the Junior Staff Moderation Guide. Also, moderation central is a good place to ask questions about this. Please keep an eye on the central staff room, as it contains important updates applicable to all staff. If you have questions please donít hesitate to ask, or if you donít feel comfortable doing so to contact your senior or Game Admin.

Currently there are a number of key Junior positions that the BFME Portals recognize. These are replay reviewer, strategy mod, and game commentator. We understand that you have applied for the position of <insert position here>, and as such would appreciate if you could read over the position description. It doesnít hurt to also check out what the others do to avoid conflicts of interest.

Replay reviewers are responsible for reviewing replays smile.gif . The full guide can be found <here>. If you feel that you have found a replay to be highly entertaining, this can be opted to be a replay of the week which appears on the portal page. Provided that the replay section is active, we would like if you could review 2 replays per week. A good example of a reviewed replay is here

Strategy modís are responsible for answering questions in the strategy forums. There will at times be new players asking questions so please be patient with them. As strategy mod it is expected to create one guide per month, particularly since the release of new patches, the old guides may not necessarily be in sync with the current patch. The <SM Guide> should prove to be a useful tool to refer to. Your guides can be worked on in the <Internal BFME Forumís>. Once you are happy with a guide, ask your Senior or Admin to review it and then it can be published.

On this promotion, we assume that you have a skill for creating Gamecasts already, but to expand on your skills, please check the How to Make a Videocast guide created by Racenilatr, our current Senior Gamecast mod.

As a Commentator/game commentator, we're expecting you to create at least one Gamecast a fortnigt, we'd like for you to create more if you can, but one is the bare minimum. Your activity will likely be monitored by the current Senior Commentator, or Admin if one does not exist, who you can also report to if you have any questions or queries.

Here at the BfME2 section, we like to keep all our videos in the one place, on the forums, that's the Gamecasting forum. This will be your forum as a staff member, and at times, you are charged with keeping it in check. Additionally, we here at the BfME2 section have our own Youtube channel. This is where you will upload your videos too once you become a Gamecast moderator. We all share the same password and username for the one account, you will be given this separately when promoted. Giving this password out to any other members of staff that do not require it, or any standard member will result in a demod. Please under NO circumstances do you give it out. If another staff member requires the password, tell them to contact one of the BfME2 Admins. It sounds very scary, but you must understand, we have to protect it smile.gif

Thanks for applying and we hope you enjoy your time on BFME staff smile.gif

This post has been edited by Val`: Nov 24 2013, 04:48 AM

+
# 6GloriosaVittoria Jul 4 2010, 22:56 PM
Senior

Hi <insert name here>,

Welcome to the BFME Senior Staff! Now that you have had experience as Junior, we now would like you to be more of a Mentor to Junior's, and to lead by example to other staff. Now that you are senior please take the time to go over the http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...p;#entry2989275

This post has been edited by Val`: Nov 29 2013, 03:01 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)