Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Feasel is gone: Its official 0 new patches for RA3

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JimRaynor Mar 2 2010, 18:14 PM
http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum.../35810.page#top

Its finally official.. 0 new patches for RA3.
no support patches for C&C4 after it is released? smile.gif

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Mar 2 2010, 18:14 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2ShadowXOR Mar 2 2010, 18:49 PM
Does anyone care about C&C4? Not trying to troll, but exactly zero of my Red Alert 3 friends enjoyed the beta and none of us plan on buying it. We're all going to continue playing RA3 while also playing StarCraft II.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3JustSomeRandomGuy Mar 2 2010, 18:52 PM
Jeremy Feasel is gone? a great. I think im just gonna buy and try if cnc4 is something because for some reason my beta doesnt work

+
# 4iNdK Mar 2 2010, 18:55 PM
C&C as we know it is finished, it's not exactly new or ground-breaking news these days.

Hopefully Blizzard will buy the franchise & restore it in all it's glory...i'm probably dreaming here though...oh well.

EDIT: Feasel too? Meh, I didn't really like his "tough-wrestler wannbe" attitude when developing C&C4 tbh.

This post has been edited by indk: Mar 2 2010, 18:57 PM

Game: None

+
# 5Designer Hat Mar 2 2010, 19:32 PM
QUOTE(ShadowXOR @ Mar 2 2010, 11:49 AM) *

Does anyone care about C&C4?

I did until I played the beta... I really wanted to like it too. It just never felt like a game I'd play consistently.

+
# 6JimRaynor Mar 2 2010, 19:36 PM
QUOTE(Designer Hat @ Mar 2 2010, 15:32 PM) *

I did until I played the beta... I really wanted to like it too. It just never felt like a game I'd play consistently.

in a cross promotion with the world Snooker TOur EA is releasing a signature set of Kane Billiard Balls to celebrate his shaved head... later they'll be integrated with the Motion Comic in an as yet determined way.

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Mar 2 2010, 19:44 PM

+
# 7cnc315d34d Mar 2 2010, 19:50 PM
feasel was definitely one of the coolest and most knowledgeable devs at eala

he will be sorely missed

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 8Disco2Disco Mar 2 2010, 20:31 PM
QUOTE(indk @ Mar 2 2010, 19:55 PM) *

EDIT: Feasel too? Meh, I didn't really like his "tough-wrestler wannbe" attitude when developing C&C4 tbh.

You dont know how much of that was because of pressures from EA the corporation. His personal opinion as a gamer may have differed fromt he official one. smile.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9Jamesy Mar 2 2010, 21:27 PM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Mar 2 2010, 18:14 PM) *

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum.../35810.page#top

Its finally official.. 0 new patches for RA3.
no support patches for C&C4 after it is released? smile.gif

I posted it in TW,KW and RA3 forums earlier but added it on to other threads

Thanks Dude it deserves a thread of its own because Feasel was a cool guy and as tech said in the KW forums

QUOTE(Technique @ Mar 2 2010, 17:18 PM) *

JFeasel gone aswell? sad.gif

He was literally the only person who was actually a good rts player at EALA...

So true smile.gif

This post has been edited by JamesOwnz: Mar 2 2010, 21:29 PM

+
# 10wewew87 Mar 2 2010, 21:35 PM
good i already uninstalled ra3 3 times(2 times to repair it, once cuz of hatred), no more opportunities smile.gif

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 11DaRascal Mar 2 2010, 21:41 PM
Pfff, i do like playing RA3, but it some how seems pointless now. No patches, no competative seen and all really good players will spend most of their time on SC2 i quess.

I know its been said loads and loads, but this game is dead to me. Its been fun, but theres no point hanging around any longer, cya in SC2

P.S, EA i dont think anyone else has pissed me off so much the last couple of years like you have.

This post has been edited by DaRascal: Mar 2 2010, 21:42 PM

+
# 12iNdK Mar 2 2010, 21:50 PM
QUOTE(Disco2Disco @ Mar 2 2010, 20:31 PM) *

You dont know how much of that was because of pressures from EA the corporation. His personal opinion as a gamer may have differed from the official one. smile.gif

Yeah, I kind of thought the same tbh. I do like the guy, & have a great deal of respect for what he's done with RA3, but there's gotta' be a time where you think "Ok, that guy has just sold his ass to satan" right? tongue.gif

The bigger picture in all this I feel is that gaming corp's are having too much of a influence over the dev's themselves. Combined with barking deadlines & giving a set-limited amount of resources to cut-back on spending, EA are actually limiting the potential of their developers. It's such a shame that once a franchise lands in the hands of a pro-profit corporation it get's milked dry, with no regard to to the actual talent it takes to play & create them.

/rant over:!

Game: None

+
# 13nuby Mar 3 2010, 00:37 AM
how can a developer write he enjoyed the community when he has barely 50 posts on his 2 years old forum account?

sounds ridicolous

This post has been edited by nuby: Mar 3 2010, 00:38 AM

Game: FluidPlay

+
# 14D1g1TaL Mar 3 2010, 00:45 AM
Hes more of a lurker and if he spent all his time writing messages he would have less time actually developping games.

When the guy makes time on a Sunday his day off from work to come and do commentary for the Alias tournament you can tell he cares about the community and it wasn't just a 9-5 job for him.

+
# 15Eph2.8-9 Mar 3 2010, 00:52 AM
QUOTE(nuby @ Mar 2 2010, 18:37 PM) *

how can a developer write he enjoyed the community when he has barely 50 posts on his 2 years old forum account?

sounds ridicolous

You know what else is ridiculous? That a developer can interact with a community without overt posting because he knows that him posting means that the thread gets immediately derailed by OMGZ EA SUX WHERES MAH PATCH. It's utterly ridiculous that he could have few open posts but many private messages with members of the community who aren't going to make comments like the above. It's also ridiculous that he could interact with the community via means besides open forum posting, such as Developer Q&A, Battlecast Primetime, and e-mail and Facebook with select few.

I've had numerous conversations via PM with Jeremy Feasel and in every one of them, he's been a great, helpful, person who loves C&C, albeit one limited by restrictions beyond his control. I know other staff members have had conversations with him as well. If I were him, I wouldn't post in these forums either, but the fact that he took time out of his life to post 50 times on the official (noob) forums and 150 times here, knowing that his words meant something to this community, is more than a lot of other devs take. Also, at least on GameReplays.org, he's here at least every week, to my knowledge, silently lurking around. I bet he's seen this thread.

So please, spare us the ridiculous.

/rant

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 16D1g1TaL Mar 3 2010, 00:56 AM
fuck off back to your cave xnav

+
# 17United_Strafes Mar 3 2010, 03:24 AM
Whoa no new patches!? What a shocking development!

+
# 18Clemens Mar 3 2010, 08:07 AM
QUOTE(Eph2.8-9 @ Mar 3 2010, 01:52 AM) *

You know what else is ridiculous? That a developer can interact with a community without overt posting because he knows that him posting means that the thread gets immediately derailed by OMGZ EA SUX WHERES MAH PATCH. It's utterly ridiculous that he could have few open posts but many private messages with members of the community who aren't going to make comments like the above. It's also ridiculous that he could interact with the community via means besides open forum posting, such as Developer Q&A, Battlecast Primetime, and e-mail and Facebook with select few.

I've had numerous conversations via PM with Jeremy Feasel and in every one of them, he's been a great, helpful, person who loves C&C, albeit one limited by restrictions beyond his control. I know other staff members have had conversations with him as well. If I were him, I wouldn't post in these forums either, but the fact that he took time out of his life to post 50 times on the official (noob) forums and 150 times here, knowing that his words meant something to this community, is more than a lot of other devs take. Also, at least on GameReplays.org, he's here at least every week, to my knowledge, silently lurking around. I bet he's seen this thread.

So please, spare us the ridiculous.

/rant

+OVER 9000!

Game: League of Legends

+
# 19vOddy Mar 3 2010, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(ShadowXOR @ Mar 2 2010, 20:49 PM) *

Does anyone care about C&C4? Not trying to troll, but exactly zero of my Red Alert 3 friends enjoyed the beta and none of us plan on buying it. We're all going to continue playing RA3 while also playing StarCraft II.

I agree. I hope C&C4 fails and sells poorly.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 20nuby Mar 3 2010, 12:01 PM
QUOTE(vOddy @ Mar 3 2010, 10:55 AM) *

I agree. I hope C&C4 fails and sells poorly.

I agree.. I don't want to flame anyone or offend neither... but...

It's also ridiculous that he could interact with the community via means besides open forum posting, such as Developer Q&A, Battlecast Primetime,

Developer Q&A and bcpt I don't think were his choices... if u are a developer of EA then u MUST take part of Developer Q&A, BCPT....

I have a job and I am studying at university, but still i have time to post in forum of ra3 or sc2. If i were a developer of a game with such a nice community like cnc FOR SURE i would have not posted only 50 posts.

But i am not flaming jeremy i even don't know which part he developed for ra3...

But 1 thing i am sure who ever developed Ra3 imo failed hard... if u are a good developer and u are developing a game like Ra3 where 1 prospector is the MOST important unit in the game u must be sure that unit is 1000% bug-free, and what ? ra3 prospector were the most bugged unit in the game...

(And it took like 10 .... i mean ten ridicolous patches to fix it, and still some time they can bug out, or if u watch em they can't even fill right the spot of allies reffinery .. ridicolous)

If u are a developer at such a big society like EA u can't make such big mistakes, or just fail as developer (not speaking straight vs jeremy) at least for my point of view cos I am a developer

This post has been edited by nuby: Mar 3 2010, 12:02 PM

Game: FluidPlay

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)