Heroes of Newerth Puppet Master Guide

Leave your comments here

This post has been edited by ichigotowar: Apr 2 2010, 18:20 PM

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2deso Apr 1 2010, 12:45 PM
First,
and before you ask: No I didn't add Charged Hammer because AngryTestie is the only one who considered playing it (AFTER getting his core of Shrunken/Harkon's) and you can't tell if its better than Kuldra's or anything else yet.

And its definitely NOT worth getting ever before getting Harkon's Blade.

This post has been edited by deso: Apr 1 2010, 13:10 PM

+
# 3X-Flame Apr 1 2010, 13:53 PM
Solid guide. Doesn't mean a whole lot since I don't play Puppet though.

Game: None

+
# 4Anhsirk Apr 2 2010, 01:44 AM
Interesting guide. Thanks! biggrin.gif

+
# 5Snoopy Apr 2 2010, 05:43 AM
Really liked this guide biggrin.gif
I usually go savage for sure after the core ( always had a zpehyr)

+
# 6Racenilatr Apr 2 2010, 18:11 PM
i dont see the guide...

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 7ichigotowar Apr 2 2010, 18:21 PM
look again wink.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 8Racenilatr Apr 2 2010, 20:10 PM
yay

Clan: Marvel Super Heroes

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9The_Prodigy Apr 4 2010, 15:11 PM
I really dont think Harkons should be considered a core item on puppet, sorry. Rushing it requires you to have a team with magic armor debuffs to really make it pay off. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the replays from tourneys where a harkons blade puppet 2-shots Accursed and what not, but that's most often with a debuff. Lets work out some theory first.

If you rush harkons, you will sacrifice attack speed, which translates to sacrificing DPS. It's even bigger on puppet, since his crit is what dishes out alot of damage. Faster attack speed= More crits.
If you want harkons blade, you really should combine it with a blacksmith on your team. If so, he can debuff enemies magic armor as well as giving puppet frenzy= That missing attack speed. Hellbringer with his slow and magic armor debuff is also a good partner.

I think Hellflower is a way better item on him which also scales up and has that excellent silence/focus ability that is seemingly underused in competetive play. When you have Hellflower, get Shrunken if you dont have that already and then you start working towards a luxury harkons.

Another item route to take is to go Geometers instead of hellflowers, and later on Savage mace.

Kuldras Sheepstick can also be a strong candidate vs a team with something that needs to be disabled, again rather than harkons.

Further on a symbol of rage should not be considered core and should instead be treated as lategame/luxury. You have a shrunken, and hopefully a non-retarded team to support you, I would go for max damage and attack speed rather than pure survivability.

Because Symbol of rage is motivated by needing hitpoints/survivability and building it from whispering helm, I would want to include Nullstone as an optional item. If youre still getting nuked by stuff after shrunken, Nullstone gives you nice stats and disables a spell. Quite handy.

Other than that good guide. I just think an explanation of harkons damage coming from magic, and magic armor most often being low is in place. Think of it - If someone reads this guide, goes public, and ends up in a team with alot other magic damage such as pyro etc. Good opponents will get shamans headress etc, and harkons will be a waste. Dont say No with the motivation that harkons would be beneficial for the very same reason (that you lower magic resistance) because it won't be enough. ANyways sorry for the rant, just some thoughts about this.

Game: Red Alert 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)