Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Halftrolls or spiders riders in mirror

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Aqeel Shaghooli Apr 9 2010, 04:04 AM
Hi guys

Deathgod and I had a big argument about our goblins mirror and he said that having halftrolls will be much better instead of spiders riders and the reason he said that spiders riders are to expensive and I think that spiders will be much better cuz I will kill his GW and GA easily cuz as you know if the spiders ride through the halftrolls they will get no damages at all and then I can kill his halftroll easily with some GA and GW.

so I want to know ur opinions about that
Halftrolls or spiders riders in goblin mirror in the beginning ? and why ? smile.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2Crabby Lobster Apr 9 2010, 04:56 AM
Get half-trolls really fast to counter the opponent's Cave Trolls or spiders and to outnumber his own Half-trolls. After a couple creeps, mix in archers with lots of half-trolls and build another fissure or two. Then, spam cave trolls out of all fissures, while killing the opponents half-trolls with your archer/half-troll unit mix. The only thing spiders really do in this match up is make harassment a bit harder and kill your economy, but you can still harass and defend good with them with unit mixing and tunnel system usage.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Aqeel Shaghooli Apr 9 2010, 07:41 AM
well i can kill his archers with my spiders without any damages ,half troll can do nothing and then i can kill them with my gw and ga.

so mixing halftroll with archers arnt hard to counter i believe especially with mirror

+
# 4Aberrance` Apr 9 2010, 12:56 PM
Depends on host.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Apr 10 2010, 01:05 AM
QUOTE(Aqeel Shaghooli @ Apr 9 2010, 02:41 AM) *

well i can kill his archers with my spiders without any damages ,half troll can do nothing and then i can kill them with my gw and ga.

so mixing halftroll with archers arnt hard to counter i believe especially with mirror

Whaaaat? You can just crush all his archers? Even when they have lots of half-trolls mixed in? Looks like you need to play vs some decent players. If we're going to argue like this, I'll go and say that your spiders will all die because you won't command them to retreat from my half-trolls.

+
# 6Aqeel Shaghooli Apr 10 2010, 05:48 AM
QUOTE(Desktipper @ Apr 9 2010, 18:05 PM) *

Whaaaat? You can just crush all his archers? Even when they have lots of half-trolls mixed in? Looks like you need to play vs some decent players. If we're going to argue like this, I'll go and say that your spiders will all die because you won't command them to retreat from my half-trolls.

lol biggrin.gif
well, Do u think that having spiders in early game will be bad?

+
# 7Crabby Lobster Apr 10 2010, 20:37 PM
QUOTE(Aqeel Shaghooli @ Apr 10 2010, 00:48 AM) *

lol biggrin.gif
well, Do u think that having spiders in early game will be bad?

In mirrors, I do. I go quick riders vs Men and Elves though.

+
# 8Mr.Shankly Apr 15 2010, 20:41 PM
QUOTE(Desktipper @ Apr 10 2010, 02:05 AM) *

Well usually if you split all the riders onto differnt hotkeys, its alot harder for the guy with the pikes, especially ones that dont give crush revenge, at least i would imagine so anyway

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9Crabby Lobster Apr 15 2010, 21:25 PM
If you have enough half-trolls, you should have no problem defending anything from spiders.

+
# 10Aberrance` Apr 20 2010, 13:01 PM
All of life's problems are solved by an abundance of half trolls.

+
# 11Nuclear_Crispy May 19 2010, 01:23 AM
Archer and spider spam wins mirror if they all come out early

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 12`KIBbY` May 20 2010, 22:23 PM
Make a well-balanced army of half-trolls, spider riders, and Wildmen of Dunland. If you only get one out of the three, there will be no victory.

+
# 13Crabby Lobster May 21 2010, 00:51 AM
Why not just get Drogoth as first unit, then rush the fortress?

+
# 14`KIBbY` May 21 2010, 02:22 AM
According to EA, that is a viable, yet risky strategy.

This post has been edited by `KIBbY`: May 21 2010, 02:23 AM

+
# 15angelsfan May 21 2010, 02:50 AM
They also suggest building a bunch of walls, yet where you get that money I have no idea.

Edit: They were going to lose Drogoth to crossbows biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by angelsfan: May 21 2010, 02:51 AM

+
# 16Val` May 30 2010, 15:08 PM
Matchups all about spam and expansion. Playing defensive like you can vs men for example is fail.

Forward tunnels will win you a mirror by creating bottlenecks.

Unit makeup doesnt decide these mirros agressive expansion does.

Anyway I usally get 3 caves, sometimes 4. You can get away with mass warrior and archer spam if your tunnel network is everywhere.

This way you seal map control earlier, and since its cheap and effective for warrior/archer spam you should get upgrades way before him.

General rule is spam--> few trolls to prevent any backdoor shit, then halftroll and riders with blades.

Heroes are pointless except Drogoth.

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 17`KIBbY` Jun 3 2010, 15:47 PM
QUOTE(Val` @ May 30 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Heroes are pointless except Drogoth. Gorkil.

+
# 18Aberrance` Jun 4 2010, 08:22 AM
QUOTE(`KIBbY` @ May 20 2010, 22:22 PM) *

According to EA, that is a viable, yet risky strategy.

I've done it quite a few times...with mixed results.

+
# 19Val` Jun 23 2010, 05:17 AM
You get Gorkil in Mirrors if you want to lose.

His LD is countered by bats, and this matchup is about who can spam shit the hardest. Therefore, his LD isnt really helpful when theres never a set army vs army fight.

Turtling in this mirror is lose.

Drogoths the only suitable hero

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 20Aberrance` Jun 23 2010, 08:19 AM
Shelob is pretty okay if it's a CT war.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)