Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

#1619 [VIDEO] [DrunkCast] [OMG]userstupidname/Theonepower777/WoneOMG vs CallMeSarge/shy...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CallMeSarge Apr 9 2010, 06:13 AM
Good Evening GameReplays.org

CallMeSarge has made it to the wonderful world of Operation Market Garden.

If you don't know it, it is an awesome persistencey mod for CoH where you can build your company online and level them up in an ongoing war.

This video also has the distinction of me shoutcasting a game I played in. Never again, brothers!

Please have a watch and let me know what you think. Big shouts out to Fatal Saint from OMG for getting the video done.

Video link if the embedded player does not stream properly

This post has been edited by CallMeSarge: Apr 12 2010, 21:06 PM

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Keith Mallory Apr 9 2010, 16:26 PM
Sarge,

Nice shout cast! Have you played the Europe in Ruins persistency mod? How does OMG compare?

Thanks,

~GR

+
# 3Cadmus Apr 9 2010, 22:31 PM
great stuff as per usual Sarge, glad to see you taking up OMG casting! Wants MOAR!

@grandroyale:

EIRR and OMG were both born out of the original EIR persistency mod for COH. When the old EIR died, two teams developed the mod further according to their respective desires.

OMG and EIRR thus work on the same premise of being a persistency mod (basically meaning you carry over vetted units from one battle to another and gain 'resource bonuses' to specialize your army as you win more games), but have very different balance/gameplay philosophies, and play out very differently.
Try both, and decide which one suits you best.

Probably obvious that I chose OMG -so I can't deny i'm biased - but it just feels like a more comfy, tightly nit community that doesn't take gaming as too serious business and , the occasional asshat notwithstanding, doesn't take themselves all too seriously either. EIRR seems like a much more cutthroat environment. Being in OMG is kind of like being in a clan and playing fun games with your buds for shits and giggles. Also OMG has tons of shoutcasts, afaik EIRR has very few, which definately pulled me into OMG over EIRR in the first place.

However that is all just my opinion, go make yours wink.gif .

This post has been edited by Cadmus: Apr 9 2010, 22:37 PM

+
# 4Hellblazer Apr 12 2010, 02:26 AM
Excellent cast. My favorite part was hearing you talk about yourself in third person the whole time smile.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 5Postdusk Apr 12 2010, 09:38 AM
been thinking about playing OMG.... but i fear my poor skills would hinder my team too much... sad.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 6Cadmus Apr 12 2010, 10:37 AM
^^ that doesn't seem to bother Sarge, and you can't be worse than him! tongue.gif

+
# 7Keith Mallory Apr 12 2010, 16:18 PM
Cadmus,

Thanks for your brief overview of OMG. I have already played EIRR, but not in about 6 months or so. EIRR is pretty cut-throat, but I did find a few players wiling to show me the ropes. I will try OMG when I get the chance, but I am still learning the vCoH factions and I just bought ToV so there are two more factions to learn. I found in EIRR the more knowledge of the vCoH factions one has, the more one's EIRR game play benefited.

Thanks again,

~GR

This post has been edited by Grand Royale: Apr 12 2010, 16:20 PM

+
# 8DaRealRocky Apr 14 2010, 12:44 PM
It was fun to see Sarge in a game. Maybe next shoutcast should be one with CallMeSarge and Cadmus playing in one game?

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

+
# 9Bluebell May 28 2010, 10:51 AM
Sweet. Nice cast.
Are you still into OMG or just flirting with it?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)