Supreme Commander 2

Supreme Commander 2 Tip of the Week 4 - Nanites

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Polynomial Apr 21 2010, 17:30 PM
Here.

Game: Demigod

+
# 2RPhilMan1 Apr 21 2010, 18:39 PM
Mex harassment, that is a really good idea I haven't thought of. I really need to use the Nanites more. So far all I have been using them for is to heal my ACU. I didn't think of healing my factories or other structures.

Thanks for the tip! smile.gif

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3TheWord Apr 21 2010, 19:58 PM
Kudos for an useful tip.

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 4Weertangel Apr 21 2010, 20:01 PM
nice to see the stats on them for once, and offencive use is something i have't tried with them yet.

+
# 5MonarchDodra Apr 21 2010, 21:25 PM
Here's my question, can you put 15 in a dropship? 0_o

More seriously, if you are playing Illuminate, you should definitely harass with your engineers right at the start of the game. Send them into the opponent's base from the sides. With the Illuminate's sacrifice capture, and early game, you are bound to make something happen. Either you find an unguarded Mex, and you cap it. Or you run into an enemy engineer. You sacrifice Cap it, and then keep going. I do this EVERY game, and so far, there is not a single game were this has failed.

Maps like Artic Refuge or Coalition shipyard are especially good for this.

I'm saying this because I imagine that any place a Nanite would work, so too would an engineer. Well, maybe not after the 10 minute mark, but I wanted to share.

Nice tip.

Game: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

+
# 6Fuddudle Apr 22 2010, 01:30 AM
Enax ftw, first person i've watched using nanites realy efficiently!

+
# 7Texonater Apr 22 2010, 02:01 AM
QUOTE(Fuddudle @ Apr 21 2010, 21:30 PM) *

Enax ftw, first person i've watched using nanites realy efficiently!

Lol, Yea, Enax and I labbed/Strategized this probably more then a month ago. I just went back to check the numbers for the most current patch to make sure nothing had changed...

Game: League of Legends

+
# 8Shakaku Jun 7 2010, 15:49 PM
Haha, I bought this game for $10 Saturday and I had no clue what these things did, glad I checked here first.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 9The Hayemaker Jun 7 2010, 20:50 PM
Something worth adding:

Nanites will always spawn to the right of the commander, so if you're in an Acu vs Acu battle, position your Acu to the right of his Acu. In this example his nanite will automatically explode on your Acu for 5,000 damage but your nanites will not, allowing you to heal yourself for 10,000. Obviously you just have to make sure his nanite automatically exploding won't kill you.

This isn't just important for Acu vs Acu though, in many situations you can take advantage of either your nanites spawning to the right or an enemy's nanites spawning to the right. For example if you're attacking an upgraded Acu (who doesn't have overcharge or it's on cooldown) with a bunch of assault bots it's usually better to engage from the right when possible.

+
# 10_Golgoth_ Jun 9 2010, 08:45 AM
Also they are OP
Remember that wink.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 11Dav Jun 13 2010, 23:35 PM
And theres an exploit that allows certain people to spawn 2 nanites when they activate the ability instead of 1. I don't mean that they can have more than one rogue nanites alive at a time, I mean that they can produce two of them at once. Watch the damn replay.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=623856

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)