Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

Heroes of Newerth: For Fun 1v1 Tournament

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1PanterA- Apr 22 2010, 13:32 PM
Heroes of Newerth For Fun 1v1 Tournament.

IPB Image
IPB Image

GR1
Anderberg>Milkfat
Skilla>_hybrid
Skilla>Anderberg

GR2
Jeppins>Reyz

GR3
Raytoran>Dfawn
The_Radioman>Sheitaan
Raytoran>The_Radioman

GR4
Jasid>Trilles
Jasid>Xanidorf

Semis:
Jeppins>Skilla
Raytoran>Jasid

Finals:
Jeppins>Raytoran

This post has been edited by KissKiss: Apr 25 2010, 20:58 PM

Game: Dota 2

+
# 2Anhsirk Apr 22 2010, 14:01 PM
This is gonna be pretty fun

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3S2Zrathustra Apr 22 2010, 18:28 PM
Maybe you should just update the brackets and place chu in first. Just saying.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4Anhsirk Apr 22 2010, 19:16 PM
lol, you never know. Didnt you see the Tabako vs Chu 1v1 Creep Kills game? in 15 minutes Tabako had more Kills and Denies than chu. they were both puppet master.

+
# 5Oreb Apr 22 2010, 22:00 PM
If you aren't going puppet master, polly or defiler I am thinking there won't be much of a chance for anyone. Maybe Corrupted. tongue.gif

Game: Hardware

+
# 6Schizofriendlia Apr 23 2010, 03:03 AM
QUOTE(Oreb @ Apr 22 2010, 15:00 PM) *

If you aren't going puppet master, polly or defiler I am thinking there won't be much of a chance for anyone. Maybe Corrupted. tongue.gif

You never know. Some people are stupid as hell in 1v1 games, and do things like buy a starting HotBL. Then again though, I think the majority of people are idiots. So I guess I'm biased.

This post has been edited by Schizofriendlia: Apr 23 2010, 03:04 AM

+
# 7Anhsirk Apr 23 2010, 04:49 AM
HotBL is the strongest item in 1v1 starting with 3000 gold imho. I pretty much get it on every hero that I do 1v1 with. With this tourney however, Since you start with 600, I probably wont do that

+
# 8Snoopy Apr 23 2010, 04:50 AM
I'm thinking of livestreaming my progress on the HoNreplays channel... so we will have a livestream.. and when I get knocked out in the qualifiers I can stream a few games.

+
# 9`Swiss Apr 23 2010, 06:39 AM
I will be out of town for a college reunion sad.gif(

+
# 10Schizofriendlia Apr 23 2010, 18:27 PM
QUOTE(Anhsirk @ Apr 22 2010, 21:49 PM) *

HotBL is the strongest item in 1v1 starting with 3000 gold imho. I pretty much get it on every hero that I do 1v1 with. With this tourney however, Since you start with 600, I probably wont do that

You're absolutely wrong if you're serious about that. It doesn't help you last hit at all, and if you're enemy buys things that add to his damage he can start out with nearly 2x your attack damage, leaving you absolutely no chance to ever compete with him for last hits. Sure you're basically immune to his harassment, but with all the gold he'll be raking in from all the ck's he'll be getting, he can afford a nearly bottomless supply of tangos and health pots. He won't bloodlust you anytime soon, but he'll probably farm near 400 gold/min while you're farming around 60.

+
# 11Anhsirk Apr 23 2010, 19:05 PM
It's won so many 1v1's for me. like really, SOOOOO many 1v1's lol.

+
# 12ganove- Apr 23 2010, 21:39 PM
haha seems to be funny

hope there will be some hero kill action and no farm vs. farm only games

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 13Xanindorf Apr 25 2010, 15:57 PM
Was the newspost deleted? Is this tournament not happening or what?

+
# 14sinch3 Apr 25 2010, 16:37 PM
This is dumb - I went from pulling an all-nighter to be awake to play in this tournament and looking forward to it, to having the rules change SIGNIFICANTLY 30 minutes before the freaking thing starts. Forced heroes - that's just so damn stupid. I'm really disappointed that this is how the tournament will be; very pissed.

+
# 15f0g` Apr 25 2010, 17:30 PM
GL&HF to all!
Nice rules, I like the new style. biggrin.gif

Why tower-lasthits or towers in general don't give points?

+
# 16rf3ng Apr 25 2010, 17:33 PM
Forced heroes? Really?

I honestly think that it makes for really one-dimensional, boring games. I don't know if you've seen the tabako, chu` 1v1 finals, but that was boring as hell. You literally just watch players last hit the entire game.

Besides, aren't people the slightest bit interested in what hero(es) do the best in mid? There's quite a lengthy debate about that in the discussion forums already, with people arguing for Soulstealer, Corrupted Disciple, Wretched Hag, Defiler, and even Pebbles. I seriously think it would be a lot more entertaining to watch a mix rather than a mirror. You could've even set a pseudo-banning system, in which each player gets to ban one hero, or something. Instead we end up with Puppet Master vs Puppet Master, in which case I would be surprised if anyone even gets any kills and is simply a straight-up farm-fest. Soulstealer vs Soulstealer has that same problem, although I suppose there's a bit more dimensionality in it, since you could either choose to harass your opponent with your hands, or nuke the creep wave.

But you have a Wretched Hag mirror in which you take away the strongest aspect of a Wretched Hag solo mid in the first place: rune control. Instead, you're just going to have people ferry bottles to and fro the entire time.

I understand that you wish to have some sort of consistency with the 1v1 Dotally Rad tournament rules, but in this scenario it's just...boring. I guess you also don't want the same heroes to be picked all the time, but you could have some rounds be forced and others to be free-pick. But whatever.

This post has been edited by rf3ng: Apr 25 2010, 17:36 PM

+
# 17sinch3 Apr 25 2010, 17:52 PM
At least you seem to be fairly competent and educated as you make your post; every-other person doesn't understand the flawed concept of forced hero's and how stupid it is. SS vs SS in round 1 - @ lvl 7, 2 nukes = 4 dead creeps. Both SS do that, then you stand by ur tower for 30 seconds, thinking "why is this structure so fucking stupid?" Then if ur life or mana is slowly depleting, you rotate a bottle to yourself on crow. There - have infinite nukes in what is a very 'balanced and fun,' forced-hero structured tournament. Yeah - that last one was dripping with sarcasm.

I already expressed my disgust with the unprofessional approach that was taken with this online(and in my previous post), but seriously - I appreciate my time wasted due to the incompetence of the GR tournament organizers, and feel sorry for all the people who don't understand how dumb a forced-hero tournament is. Should have been -AP with the option of duplicates, and having maybe 1-3 bans that each player makes. If someone wants to pick soulstealer and I want to pick puppet, that should be allowed. If I pick puppet and he wants to play puppet against me, so be it. If I pick soulstealer, then let him pick puppet. It's not like SOMEONE is gaining some stupid, biased edge. It's 1v1.

+
# 18`Swiss Apr 25 2010, 18:16 PM
`Swiss def. JAH` Round 1 - No Match ID.

This post has been edited by `swiss(OD): Apr 25 2010, 18:18 PM

+
# 19_hyBr1d Apr 25 2010, 18:19 PM
_hybrid vs. LenoreXD

LenoreXD didnt show up
I attached a screenshot as proof

This post has been edited by _hyBr1d: Apr 25 2010, 18:29 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 20Snoopy Apr 25 2010, 18:20 PM
sn00py2gos vs Googol - No ID
He didn't show
Attached Image

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)