Company of Heroes

READ BEFORE POSTING (Updated August 19th, 2012)

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Seb Apr 30 2010, 03:17 AM

About this Forum

Welcome to the CoH Cheating and Policy Reporting forum.
Here you may post cheating accusations, as well of evidence of Relic Online Policy violations. Cheating accusations may include but are not limited to; intentionally disconnecting from a Relic Online match in attempt to gain a win, intentionally causing lag in order to kick your opponent, maphacking, exploiting a bug, or any abuse of the relic online arbitration system.

How to Report a Suspected Cheater

Please take special note of these formats. Endeavour to use the appropriate format for each offense. Please make a new post, in this format (you do not have to use the quote tags). In this example, I will use SayNoToStim as the one filing the complaint, and 12azor as the person he is accusing. This is only an example, 12azor did not cheat against SayNoToStim.

The thread title should include the name of the offender and the offense you believe he or she commited.

Drophacking accusation

CODE
Thread title - Person: Drophacking (example: 12azor: Drophacking)
1) Your screen name used in the game. (example: OrangeSlurpee)
2) The name of the person you suspect of cheating. (example: 12azor)
3) Do you know the gamereplays.org username of that person? (example: Yes, 12azor)
4) Do you know any other Relic Online profile of that person? (example: Yes, T1NY)
5) A short explantion of what happened. (example: 'As the VPs were running out, 12azor disconnected)
6) When you returned to the lobby of Relic Online, were you given the win or the loss, and how long did it take for the game to register (example: As soon as I got back to the channel, I recieved a loss)
7) Why you think this was a Synchack? (example: The game was about to end in my favor, but instead I think 12azor pulled the plug on me!)
8) Were you given a dispute? (example: Yes!)
9) Upload the replay into this forum area, not the general public replays!
10) Any additional comments. Any screenshots you have taken may also be uploaded.

Maphacking accusation

CODE

Thread title - Person: Maphacking (example: 12azor: Maphacking)
3) Do you know the gamereplays.org username of that person? (example: Yes, 12azor)
4) Do you know any other Relic Online profile of that person? (example: Yes, T1NY)
5) Why do you think he used a maphack? Try to include as much evidence as possible.

Example:
[b]1:00:[/b] I'm using a very unusual FHQ strategy and he rushes his first engineers to my point without capping his side of the map. This suggests he was aware of my strategy.
[b]3:10:[/b] I put a mine on the middle of a field in the left of the map at 2:37, and he used flamethrower to burn it, even though he had no way to know it was there.
[b]7:00:[/b] I moved my riflemen following a very unsual path on the right, and he turned his MG at the same time.

6) Upload the replay into this forum area, not the general public replays!
7) Any additional comments. Any screenshots you have taken may also be uploaded.

Synchacking accusation

CODE
Thread title - Person: Synchacking (example: 12azor: Synchacking)
5) A short explantion of what happened. (example: 'As the VPs were running out, suddenly a sync error appeared and ended the game).
6) When you returned to the lobby of Relic Online, were you given the win or the loss, and how long did it take for the game to register (example: As soon as I got back to the channel, I recieved a loss)
7) Why you think this was a drophack? (example: The game was about to end in my favor, but instead I think 12azor provoked a sync error)
8) Were you given a dispute? (example: Yes!)
9) Upload the replay into this forum area, not the general public replays!
10) Any additional comments. Any screenshots you have taken may also be uploaded.

Other offenses accusation

CODE

Thread title - Person: Name of the offense (example: 12azor: Ghost Tank Trap abuse)
5) Explain what happened with as much details as possible, including the in-game time of the offense. Screenshots are especially useful when reporting a bug exploit or any form of other visual offense. (example: At 8:30 he used [explain the offense]. Here is the screeenshot [include the screen you have uploaded here])
6) Upload the replay into this forum area, not the general public replays!
7) Any additional comments. Any other screenshots you have taken may also be uploaded.

Such as but not limited to: game modifying hacks, bug exploiting, teamkill, leaderboard hack, verbal harassment, etc.

If you fail to follow these formats your accusation will not be logged, and you will receive a PM explaining this. If you fail to follow formatting guidelines on multiple occasions and/or post nonsensical posts, you will be warned for spam.

If the offense you want to report fits none of those formats (such as a leaderboard hack for example), please follow the spirit of those formats and give us as many useful details as possible.

These will all be analyzed by our Senior Staff. Keep in mind that while 'drophacking' accusations typically require multiple items of evidence to guarantee guilt, one replay or screenshot of an 'abusive' player may be enough to take action on. Futhermore, remember to keep your evidence entirely unaltered, don't feel the need to censor yourself, you're not going to offend us.

Reporting Staff Members and Well-Known Players

If you suspect a staff member or a well-known player of cheating, you may not want to post the accusation visible for all senior staff members. In this case send the report to Rémy, Marcus2389 or via PM. The report will then be discussed in a private forum, that is only accessible to the fair play staff, CoH administrators and global administrators. If you want to report someone anonymously you can also do so by sending the report to one of them.

The Process

Every post in this forum will be set to invisible as it's posted. Only Gamereplays Senior Staff and Relic employees will be able to view the accusations posted here. Feel free to make any accusation you want in your thread, but please refrain from childish insults or baseless accusations.

Following analysis by our Fair Play Staff, replays will be logged as blue (minor evidence), yellow (major evidence) or red (damning evidence). As soon as we have gathered enough evidence to be convinced of someones guilt, we will ban or suspend the offenders Gamereplays.org account. Gamereplays does not have any power to ban, suspend, mute, or warn any Relic Online account, BUT we will be sharing information with the Relic employees who do have the power over accounts (assuming the evidence is sufficient). Keep in mind that one replay, especially regarding drophacking or maphacking, is not necessarily enough to convict someone and although we value every replay sent in, we don't want an innocent person banned! As such, we will require damning evidence before action is taken. Sometimes disconnects happen through no fault of either player. Any case of blatant hacking will however result in an immediate suspension from Gamereplays.org, as will any case of blatant abuse.

Obviously any case involving myself, or a member of my clan will be handled by other Senior Staff. If, for some legitimate reason, you do not want me to handle any case, please indicate so in the 'additional comments' section, and I will pass along the case to another member of our Senior Staff. I promise you that any case reported will be handled, no matter who is accused. If you have a legitimate problem with anyone on Relic Online, post it here and it will be considered seriously.

Abuse of the Program

Any attempt at falsifying evidence or posting any 'fake' evidence may not only result in a suspension from Gamereplays and a hefty warn, but it will nullify any 'evidence' you have posted or will post in the future. We here at Gamereplays do not take cheating lightly and we do not take falsifying evidence lightly either. You have been warned.

To reiterate, not every disconnect is a drophack. Use good judgment on what you post and what you don't post. We're trying our hardest to clean up the community and we do NOT need 'spam' in this forum.

Finally, I hope that together, we can make a difference in removing bad people from the community. With a little effort from everyone, and some help from Relic, we can put together one of the best communities in the world of gaming.

Infinite thanks to SayNoToStim who put everything up back in the days. I owe him most part of this article too.

This post has been edited by Rémy: Aug 19 2012, 10:18 AM

Clan: Insane

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)