Explore GameReplays...

World Cup 2010 prediction challenge

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 141Utred Jun 16 2010, 21:05 PM
The ball goes faster in the higher cities, because of lower air pressure. The only difficulty is that every game is different. One's played at 20 degrees, the other one it's almost freezing. One game's at sea level, the other one's at 1700m. But still, they're professional football players. They should stop whining and try to improve.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 142Hooked Jun 16 2010, 21:16 PM
It's soccer, fags. Soccer.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 143Utred Jun 16 2010, 21:32 PM
Get the fuck out tennisguy. I don't even like tennis that much. It's fun to play but horrible boring to watch. Most people in Belgium like tennis cuz of Henin and Clijsters, but women tennis is even more boring.

+
# 144mister riz Jun 16 2010, 21:47 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Jun 16 2010, 22:16 PM) *

It's soccer, fags. Soccer.

Glass houses happy.gif

IPB Image

Game: None

+
# 145Tams Jun 16 2010, 22:28 PM
QUOTE(Cypher @ Jun 16 2010, 18:14 PM) *

Hmm, notice something? Pretty much none of them played that good so far. I'm sure it's just the ball. Besides, it can't hurt if you complain before the tournament starts because then you have a nice excuse if you lose and can brag about it if you win. Despite playing with a "shitty" ball you won.

Wtf you on about? The only player to come out and say the ball was at fault about a game is Vidic, so no, they aren't using it as an excuse.

My point was they said the ball sucks (Almost every top player in Europe) before the tourny, and didn't blame the ball recently/after they had played poorly.

Gerrard and Johnson dominated the USA game so not all have been crap so far, same as Maicon, Robinho and so on.

@ Rage, 1 World Cup and two World Wars, keep crying smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tams: Jun 16 2010, 22:29 PM

Clan: Gwaith-i-Nolendili

+
# 146Hooked Jun 16 2010, 23:07 PM
QUOTE(Utred @ Jun 16 2010, 15:32 PM) *

Get the fuck out tennisguy. I don't even like tennis that much. It's fun to play but horrible boring to watch. Most people in Belgium like tennis cuz of Henin and Clijsters, but women tennis is even more boring.

Yeah, because soccer isn't boring to watch. You know, the game where either team takes 45 to 90 minutes to score.

Oh yeah, why do soccer players flop so much? You got tripped, fag, don't cry on the "pitch." Pitch is a stupid word, by the way, it's a field.

QUOTE(mister riz @ Jun 16 2010, 15:47 PM) *

Glass houses happy.gif

IPB Image

Hey, if for every ten tennis bombshells I name, you name one hotty soccer player, I will redact my words.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Hooked: Jun 16 2010, 23:11 PM

+
# 147mister riz Jun 16 2010, 23:39 PM
It's nice to have high aspirations smile.gif

I myself, did not aspire to be a hot skinny girl as a teenager, but each to their own, it is 2010 after all.

+
# 148Hooked Jun 16 2010, 23:55 PM
Misunderstood troll is misunderstood. =/

+
# 149xProphet Jun 17 2010, 01:36 AM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Jun 16 2010, 19:07 PM) *

Hey, if for every ten tennis bombshells I name, you name one hotty soccer player, I will redact my words.

IPB Image

Game: Graphics

+
# 150GayMMALover Jun 17 2010, 07:30 AM
"Physics experts at the University of Adelaide believe the new ball created for the 2010 World Cup, called the Jabulani, will play "harder and faster," bending more unpredictably than its predecessor.

But why? And what will it mean for the game?

"The Jabulani is textured with small ridges and 'aero grooves' and represents a radical departure from the ultra-smooth Teamgeist ball, which was used in the last World Cup," says Professor Derek Leinweber, Head of the School of Chemistry & Physics at the University of Adelaide, who has previously written about and lectured on the aerodynamics of cricket balls, golf balls and the 2006 World Cup soccer ball, the Teamgeist.

Along with student Adrian Kiratidis, who is studying for his Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Physics, Professor Leinweber has been reviewing the physics behind soccer balls and what that means for the Jabulani. Adrian is also a soccer enthusiast.

"While the governing body FIFA has strict regulations on the size and weight of the balls, they have no regulations about the outside surface of the balls," Professor Leinweber says.

"The Teamgeist was a big departure at the last World Cup. Because it was very smooth -- much smoother than a regular soccer ball -- it had a tendency to bend more than the conventional ball and drop more suddenly at the end of its trajectory.

"By comparison, the aerodynamic ridges on the Jabulani are likely to create enough turbulence around the ball to sustain its flight longer, and be a faster, harder ball in play.

"The Jabulani is expected to 'bend' more for the players than any ball previously encountered. Players are also discovering new opportunities to move the ball in erratic ways, alarming the world's best goalkeepers. By the time the ball reaches the goalkeeper, the Jabulani will have swerved and dipped, arriving with more power and energy than the Teamgeist."

University of Adelaide students have also put the new World Cup soccer ball to the test on the soccer field. Based on Professor Leinweber's theories, they've attempted to "bend" the Jabulani and have also kicked the Teamgeist and a regular soccer ball for comparison."

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 151mister riz Jun 17 2010, 08:23 AM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Jun 17 2010, 00:55 AM) *

Misunderstood troll is misunderstood. =/

nah man, I understood. And found it amusing happy.gif

anyway, still talking about the ball? cry.gif

This post has been edited by mister riz: Jun 17 2010, 08:24 AM

+
# 152mister riz Jun 17 2010, 11:36 AM
On a different football-related note, FUCK Barcelona and FUCK Spanish clubs in general. I wonder if Platini would be so quiet if an English club was CONSTANTLY trying to unsettle a Spanish clubs' player. This is just ridiculous:

Cesc to sign sooner or later - Xavi

Barca set timescale for Fabregas deal

New Barca chief wants Cesc talks

Barca 'convinced' of Fabregas swoop

Cesc reunion would be 'special' - Messi

Laporta calm over Fabregas transfer

New Barca chief makes Fabregas pledge

All of these have been in the last WEEK.

Real Madrid were the same with Vieira. Voyeuristic pricks, I hate them.

+
# 153Utred Jun 17 2010, 13:25 PM
What?

+
# 154RaGe` Jun 17 2010, 13:26 PM
22 players one ball

Game: League of Legends

+
# 155GayMMALover Jun 17 2010, 13:36 PM
QUOTE(Utred @ Jun 17 2010, 15:25 PM) *

What?

+1

Honestly, Mister Riz, i think it's more an issue with media/newspapers/teh internet than spanish clubs...

+
# 156Tams Jun 17 2010, 16:41 PM
QUOTE(RaGe` @ Jun 17 2010, 14:26 PM) *

22 players one ball

Your point? Nonesense once again.. lol.

Argentina were great today, lol at Keita for his red against Greece, what a retard....

As for Cesc- It was clear before those comments from Barcelona based people he was going to leave. He's only going to warm the bench at Barcelona anyways laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Tams: Jun 17 2010, 16:42 PM

+
# 157GayMMALover Jun 17 2010, 16:44 PM
He didn't even scratch greek player... Yeah, intensions were bad, but that theatrical collapse deserved at least a yellow IMO.

+
# 158Tams Jun 17 2010, 17:05 PM
The intent made it red worthy.. he intended to hurt the player.

Who kicks out at a World Cup though!?!?

... apart from Wayne Rooney.

+
# 159GayMMALover Jun 17 2010, 17:17 PM
Well, kakato geri on a Sanchez was briliant and referee didn't said a word. tongue.gif Sadly, i can't find vid of it anywhere...

+
# 160Tams Jun 17 2010, 20:33 PM
Wow LOL. Mexico were so good in attack.. SAF has got a great player in Hearnandez.. dread seeing him for Man Utd next season.

Raymond Domenech is such a moron... in the second pot, given the easiest group the tournament has to offer and he's failed.

Clearly an internal problem... he should have retired after Euro 08.

QUOTE(Hooked @ Jun 17 2010, 00:07 AM) *

Yeah, because soccer isn't boring to watch. You know, the game where either team takes 45 to 90 minutes to score.

Oh yeah, why do soccer players flop so much? You got tripped, fag, don't cry on the "pitch." Pitch is a stupid word, by the way, it's a field.

IPB Image

Put a hot, skinny girl on the field and she wouldn't stand a chance in a contact sport, simple as. I would have thought you'de pick a better looking girl also... Ana Ivanovic for example.. Maria has a touch of the manface.

As for pitch, it's only us brits who say that.. much better then calling zero LOVE.... fags. What's with the retarded points also? 15? Fuck off, ONE.

Fit girls do play football also... I'd rather shag any of these then a post-op Russian heshe. For the game not being that popular for women's league... finding 4 in the matter of 5 minutes is quality.

Mia Hamm- USA- Striker, Greatest player of all time for the Womens game
IPB Image

Amy Taylor, Australia- Defender
IPB Image

Laisa Andrioli, Brazil- Striker
IPB Image

Heather Mitts, USA- Defender.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Tams: Jun 17 2010, 21:27 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)