Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

Andy's Third Blog

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Andybear Jul 17 2010, 21:51 PM
Talking about myself in the third person makes me sick!

Read and comment on blog numero tres!

This post has been edited by BlackKnightofEa: Jul 17 2010, 21:53 PM

Clan: Knights of Ea

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 2DucK™ Jul 17 2010, 22:08 PM
Nice read and i completely agree with you yet again, the Riot team just go the wrong way about things tbvh ><

Next we'll see a different kind of strategy which will be completely labelled op

Clan: [FtN]

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Andybear Jul 17 2010, 22:13 PM
Idk about that, with counter picks and bans, focused strats can be nit picked apart.

+
# 4OverClockedMouse Jul 17 2010, 22:15 PM
havent read it yet but the pictures look encouraging

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5Jace Jul 17 2010, 22:31 PM
that explains he situation as well as i havethe knowledge to percieve said situation. but who were the irrovacabl messups tha u spoke of? (or potential ones anyway)

+
# 6YawningAngel Jul 17 2010, 23:43 PM
Question for discussion: why not remove Blind Pick entirely, or simply exclude anyone who plays it from balance discussion?

This post has been edited by YawningAngel: Jul 17 2010, 23:44 PM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 7Andybear Jul 17 2010, 23:46 PM
God knows I try.

+
# 8Lorx Jul 18 2010, 00:28 AM
Plundy's heimer is famous tongue.gif

Great blog as usual Andy, reading between the lines and seeing the subtitles subtleties of what you were talking about was really interesting.

+
# 9BW Sneaky QC Jul 18 2010, 01:22 AM
plundys heimer is famous on gr amongs us,the doods over on the LoL forums have no idea of this hidden jewel.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 10trucky Jul 18 2010, 01:57 AM
blacky knows all. drol.gif

+
# 11Paincarnate Jul 18 2010, 02:30 AM
That was a beautiful read.

Do you really mean its subtitles? (Lorx can't you edit it?)

+
# 12Andybear Jul 18 2010, 03:29 AM
Typo Fixt.

+
# 13Lorx Jul 18 2010, 04:34 AM
QUOTE(Paincarnate @ Jul 17 2010, 19:30 PM) *

That was a beautiful read.

Do you really mean its subtitles? (Lorx can't you edit it?)

Never tried, would assume so. But that's not quite as fun.

Yawning, the problem with removing Blind Pick from discussion about balance is that the same concerns people have about balance in Draft apply to Blind Pick. If your lead is touched in the head and chooses Eve and Gangplank for bans, and the enemy team picks a pretty awesome combination, you just successfully emulated many of the issues people (Blacky/me/etc) take with playing blind. It's just easier for people to pull off tricky combinations with blind pick, since the other team can't counter it easily in the meta-game. Long story short: Draft can have the same issues, so balance discussion applies to both.

Not playing blind to begin with, that's my choice tongue.gif

+
# 14ibplunderin Jul 18 2010, 04:53 AM
well if you are bad and ban eve/gang while not even trying to counter pick the other team then you would lose no matter which one you play.

What doesn't apply to draft mode is that it is exclusive draft and you can counter pick, along with banning.

It really divvies up the "OP", while relying on draft mode for a balanced game isn't a good idea, it is a good idea though to have the option of draft mode to band-aid fix balance issues.

Bans aren't always "OP" heroes, Soraka and shaco aren't op imo. However they are extremely annoying so they get banned often.

*edit: tl:dr

If you let the enemy get a completely solid and possibly overpowered team comp off then you got outpicked and failed at draft. The option is there to stop it, but you didn't is all i'm saying. A lot of the time in competitive play for HoN and now in LoL, ban/picks are half of the game. The other half is playing competently.

This post has been edited by ibplunderin: Jul 18 2010, 04:59 AM

+
# 15Feanor Jul 18 2010, 05:46 AM
I hate those noobs who just pick their favorite/best champion, without looking to the others.
<enemy 1 picks Veigar>
<ally 1 picks Ryze>
mad.gif

Game: Minecraft

+
# 16YawningAngel Jul 18 2010, 11:09 AM
QUOTE(Lorx @ Jul 18 2010, 04:34 AM) *

Never tried, would assume so. But that's not quite as fun.

Yawning, the problem with removing Blind Pick from discussion about balance is that the same concerns people have about balance in Draft apply to Blind Pick. If your lead is touched in the head and chooses Eve and Gangplank for bans, and the enemy team picks a pretty awesome combination, you just successfully emulated many of the issues people (Blacky/me/etc) take with playing blind. It's just easier for people to pull off tricky combinations with blind pick, since the other team can't counter it easily in the meta-game. Long story short: Draft can have the same issues, so balance discussion applies to both.

Not playing blind to begin with, that's my choice tongue.gif

Well, you can hardly balance around the assumption that the people playing the game are retarded. The possibility that your lead is retarded shouldn't be considered, in the same way that Nunu's ult isn't balanced on the assumption that the enemy are morons and just rush headlong into it without trying to interrupt it.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 17Samgang da Foolplank Jul 18 2010, 20:29 PM
Had to get me dicktionary out a couple of times there, enjoyed the pictures.

Where is Blind Monk anyway? ...

Turns out he wasn't blind, he just had his hair over his eyes. Unfortunately this resulted in him losing all his benefits aswell as any payments made to him having to be repayed in full, worst of all he lost his disabled parking space. SO until he pays off all his debts you won't be "seeing" him compete on the Fields of Justice.

+
# 18DuskKnightofEa Jul 19 2010, 01:59 AM
QUOTE(Feanor @ Jul 18 2010, 01:46 AM) *

I hate those noobs who just pick their favorite/best champion, without looking to the others.
<enemy 1 picks Veigar>
<ally 1 picks Ryze>
mad.gif

Sounds like something i would do laugh.gif

+
# 19rofltehcat Jul 21 2010, 07:24 AM
QUOTE(Feanor @ Jul 18 2010, 07:46 AM) *

<enemy 1 picks Veigar>
<ally 1 picks Ryze>
mad.gif

If they can actually play the char this isn't so much of a problem.
In solo ranked queue I have seen some really stupid things and I'd rather have an ok-ish player that is countered by the enemy team than someone who completely fails with his char.
But then again solo ranked queue is a stupid concept and people below 1400 should be happy when the team composition isn't horrible from the start.

+
# 20magicknight Jul 22 2010, 21:02 PM
I think solo que is retarted because you all ways end up with some one d/c on ur team or an other team that makes it very hard to play. Also, you run into people playing their best champs rather than them picking what is best for the team, or even counter picking the other team. Worst of all, in my view of solo q, is 90% of the time ur team does not know to follow the tank in and win team fights. They are stuck in the ditch of my guy cant be killed, and if i die more than 3 times some one is failing/ hacks/ cheats i rage quite ect. Thous the only real way to have success in ranked play is in 5 man premade.

This post has been edited by magicknight: Jul 22 2010, 21:05 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)