StarCraft 2

BANE BUST VS TERRAN RAGE

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Merc Scout Aug 3 2010, 21:28 PM
Well... 4x games vs baneling bust and I lost all 4. I will assume that what ever I am doing... is wrong.

please tell me the typical way a marine can stop a baneling bust. I open up with a 10 depot / 11 rax and tend to get orbital at 15.

I'm diamond so I do the whole scouting thing and whatnot but it's still pissing me off that I'm unable to counter such a simple early strat.

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 2United_Strafes Aug 3 2010, 21:39 PM
QUOTE(Merc Scout @ Aug 3 2010, 15:28 PM) *

Well... 4x games vs baneling bust and I lost all 4. I will assume that what ever I am doing... is wrong.

please tell me the typical way a marine can stop a baneling bust. I open up with a 10 depot / 11 rax and tend to get orbital at 15.

I'm diamond so I do the whole scouting thing and whatnot but it's still pissing me off that I'm unable to counter such a simple early strat.

Is he making enough to tear down your wall or just enough to kill marines? I assume he doesnt have burrow yet? If it's a huge amount and hes making more just switch up to hellions, no sense in losing marines to em. I'm a Zerg player and the only real way for marines to win out is if you just seriously out spam the banelings.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Merc Scout Aug 3 2010, 22:55 PM
well my wall is a supply depot + rax...

I reall don't like using just rax + factory cause that just locks down both structures and doesn't allow addowns.

Sometime they have some left over to get at my marines, other times the zerglings that rush in finish the job >.<

am I just supposed to go heavy military if the possibility of banelings is there?

+
# 4orbital Aug 3 2010, 23:29 PM
Something that worked for me when the timing was right: build a bunker in front of your ramp, that will help get rid of most bannelings; after that holding off the remaining ban/lings is easy.

+
# 5Merc Scout Aug 3 2010, 23:45 PM
Someone please send me some reps, I'm a very visuel learner and just by seeing things I'll understand + adapt to make them fit my playstyle.

I'm scared to quickmatch atm seeing as I've gotten like 100% losing streak to zerg atm and it's really making me rage...

that and my internet is being choppy so I don't wanna get kicked tongue.gif

but 2x rage >.<

and is the bunker empty or does it like have a marine inside to attract them.

+
# 6ServaNt Aug 3 2010, 23:54 PM
Just make a freaking wall always vs zerg and ALWAYS make a bunker behind it when hes 1 base. He will either lair tech or do a baneling bust or a roach rush so 2/3 the bunker is good. Always open rax/fac vs zerg and you wont ever die vs it.

Game: None

+
# 7Merc Scout Aug 4 2010, 00:25 AM
QUOTE(ServaNt @ Aug 3 2010, 19:54 PM) *

Just make a freaking wall always vs zerg and ALWAYS make a bunker behind it when hes 1 base. He will either lair tech or do a baneling bust or a roach rush so 2/3 the bunker is good. Always open rax/fac vs zerg and you wont ever die vs it.

OOo bunker behind the wall... wtf I'm stupid >.< that sounds pretty good biggrin.gif

unless they run by the bunker into my mineral line but I'm sure I'll think of something...
Perhaps put the bunker right behidn the supply depot so even if that falls, they can't run through biggrin.gif

that's awesooome ohmy.gif

+
# 8United_Strafes Aug 4 2010, 06:13 AM
QUOTE(Merc Scout @ Aug 3 2010, 18:25 PM) *

OOo bunker behind the wall... wtf I'm stupid >.< that sounds pretty good biggrin.gif

unless they run by the bunker into my mineral line but I'm sure I'll think of something...
Perhaps put the bunker right behidn the supply depot so even if that falls, they can't run through biggrin.gif

that's awesooome ohmy.gif

More than likely only lings will get past, in that case try to tank em with workers while your marines take em out and don't forget to rebuild your wall right away. If your content on going bio still just try to outspam him and be sure to have stim ready, but upgraded hellions are the ideal counter.

+
# 9nukestrike Aug 4 2010, 13:37 PM
most important thing is to scout baneling nest in time (but when you see opponent building it and he knows u see that, he will often cancel the production of baneling nest and start building roach warren so be carefull about that)..so if ur sure he is up to baneling bust u, its absolutely neccessary to build bunker filled with marines + personally i love factory with reactor add-on (i get 4 hellions out, always 2 in time) and its over for bust...since you can roast zerglings/banelings with ease, add more and more hellions (and supplies are very important, atleast have 1 more supply than you would normally have, cuz ur supply will be killed for sure if you have it as a part of ur wall), and yea hellions are ultimate weapon vs this kind of strategy, you can defend and then go vaporize his drones and its gg, you can also add banshees after ur hellion harass....but yea once again be carefull about the thing if he has roach warren/baneling bust, cuz then you need to use completely different approach to defend this 1 base roach+zergling play

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 10Morphidia Aug 4 2010, 15:59 PM
IPB Image

In red is the original wall before I scout banelings/double gas.

In yellow is the bunker which blocks off one side
In orange is the third supply depot to increase the number of banelings to bust without having to lift building when you finally move out

All the while, creating marines and hellions once I get the factory

Also notice the bunker is on the opposite side to my depot so to kill my marines he has the go all the way around.

Anyway, thats how i do it

+
# 11Merc Scout Aug 4 2010, 17:22 PM
thanks for the pic smile.gif

that's worst case scenario though because of like ramp size and no choke point after that? vs some other maps which would require say, no starport.

+
# 12darkstormmm Aug 4 2010, 18:19 PM
you might want to consider walling with 2 depots next to each other, yes you lose both to a baneling bust, but then you can cover up that portion a lot easier with just a factory and a bunker behind it.

Game: StarCraft

+
# 13Morphidia Aug 4 2010, 19:40 PM
True true, but its just a general, what id do. its possible to not put the starport in there on some maps. I usually 1/1/1 v zerg anyway so its easier for me.

On maps like Metalopolis for example, one side of the ramp is restricted so that can be the bunker and just extend in the other direction.

+
# 14AirMaxPower Aug 4 2010, 21:25 PM
Banelings ? Wall + a bumker behind and marines spam. NEVER make a big packed army, split your unit as fast as possible and target the banelings. Once you have win some 'little battle', goto his expand and kill it.

With a decent micro it's equal chance to win than him.

Ha yes: Banelings is a zerglings morphed, right ? (lol k any1 know that) but most of the time they transform their unit near your base. Find them during the morph (the don't have armor bonus) and rape them.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)