EA_Goodman Introductory Question & Answer

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1methuselah Aug 13 2010, 18:52 PM
EA_Goodman Q&A

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2United_Strafes Aug 13 2010, 19:22 PM
Seems like a cool guy...should have asked him when we can expect RA4 though....smile.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3FlamingForce Aug 13 2010, 19:55 PM
Seems like a good guy. Inception was a garbage movie, though.

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 4Jamesy Aug 13 2010, 20:01 PM
Lets hope people from the official forums read this, because all they complain about is Goodman not being as active as Apoc was.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 5zZSaRGeZz Aug 13 2010, 20:42 PM
Sounds like a nice guy, but im not sure if he is the right person for this job. Altough i wish em the best.

Clan: -MaD|

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6Cloverfield Aug 13 2010, 21:23 PM
shoulda ask 'when next cnc? ohmy.gif'

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 7Elletg Aug 13 2010, 22:22 PM
LoL he wouldn't be able to tell you anything anyway tongue.gif

+
# 8AgentMiles Aug 13 2010, 22:45 PM
nice interview meth, but i think what the community wants to know is what he will do for them? will there be a new patch for kw, ra3 or tw???? im pretty sure peoples would be more interested to know that than what music he listens. anyway biggrin.gif nice interview

Game: None

+
# 9Chr1st14n Aug 14 2010, 00:08 AM
I'm just happy that we even have a community manager, what after the collapse of EALA, the general hatred of CnC4 (BUT I LOVE IT ANYWAY), CnC4 supposedly being "the end", etc.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 10Brutal_Lux Aug 14 2010, 00:33 AM
Well hope he really does a good job! CNC really needs to get back in the fight most of all because of the huge fenomenon that starcraft2 became...

I´m mostly an rts gamer. Westwood and Blizzard have been my favourite game developers since i can remember. I dont really like the gameplay of starcraft2 but Blizzard knows how to deliver games and proved how strong the rts scene really is! This should be a valuable lesson for EA when dealing with the CNC legacy.
So i really hope the next CNC gets all the attention and dedication it diserves!

Dont rush when making CNC titles ok!!!!

Hey make a good game and people will buy it even if its expensive!

GLHF Goodman!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 11EddySaf Aug 14 2010, 02:03 AM
QUOTE(Chr1st14n @ Aug 14 2010, 10:08 AM) *

I'm just happy that we even have a community manager, what after the collapse of EALA, the general hatred of CnC4 (BUT I LOVE IT ANYWAY), CnC4 supposedly being "the end", etc.

EA certainly did collapse somewhat where last year 2,600 lost their jobs. Even Blizzard's NASDAQ market share prices dropped from a peek of $18 to $8.50 and later recovered to now at about $11 but investors lost money so Blizzard collapsed somewhat too. Simultaneously this was happening with heaps of companies in the US and the world due the Economic Depression which caused significant unemployment plus many feared to loose their jobs. Consequently many people chose not to spend and which may have also impacted on people buying computer games.

EA mentions the Conclusion to the Tiberium Saga and it probably might be the end of C&C4, but with Goodman here this is a good sign that it is NOT the end of C&C games.

methuselah thanks for mentioning elswhere:-
"He's around, he's learning our community and he's even playing a little C&C."

Who knows maybe some here may have already had a game with him maybe even C&C4 biggrin.gif

+
# 12NeoGrant Aug 14 2010, 02:20 AM
Nice job methuselah, its always great to get some details of our new guy biggrin.gif

Game: None

+
# 13smyger Aug 14 2010, 03:23 AM
Linkin Park ..... oh gawd we are doomed.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 14EddySaf Aug 14 2010, 04:03 AM
QUOTE(Brutal_Lux @ Aug 14 2010, 10:33 AM) *

but Blizzard knows how to deliver games and proved how strong the rts scene really is! This should be a valuable lesson for EA when dealing with the CNC legacy.

Yes Blizzard can make great games and to keep doing so Blizzard like any other company needs to stay in buisness and to make a profit. I think that Blizzards investors might be getting a bit worried at the moment where maybe the company might need to sell yet more goods as the share prices appear to be in the red and doing down.

IPB Image

+
# 15Trip123 Aug 14 2010, 06:36 AM
Methusaleh forgot to ask if he thinks that Metallica is better than Megadeth or if he prefers Pepsi over Coke.

Seriously, it's nice to have some personal background info, but the future of C&C is what interests me the most.
wink.gif

This post has been edited by Trip123: Aug 14 2010, 06:37 AM

Game: StarCraft

+
# 16_Crossfire_ Aug 14 2010, 07:49 AM
QUOTE(Trip123 @ Aug 14 2010, 18:36 PM) *

or if he prefers Pepsi over Coke.

The only political correct answer would have been Pepsi concerning Coca Cola's lethal methods against trade unions

Back to topic ;-) Although we have a nice community manager now i don't think that will increase player number of kanes wrath :-(

+
# 17R Schneider Aug 14 2010, 12:53 PM
Hm, just out of curiosity: Who devised the questions for the interview?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 18Vivo Aug 14 2010, 13:32 PM
Thank you for the interview! smile.gif

QUOTE(R Schneider @ Aug 14 2010, 15:53 PM) *

Hm, just out of curiosity: Who devised the questions for the interview?

I might have had something to do with them at one point. whistling.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 19stormgear Aug 14 2010, 15:04 PM
Edit:
never mind, the pic was already at the posted link.

V Ok meth, here's my question for him. Well actually I sorta want to ask this to the community first when I thought this up.

I don't have a deep knowledge of the cnc universe so someone might have to fill me in on this so here goes.

After seeing/hearing on how cnc4 had a short dev time and money. It sorta reminded me on how RA3 had some known celebrities as part of the cast. So I thought they had spent more money for that game.

- So when can we see EA spend a lot of money or effort again like the way they did with RA3 for the next cnc game? I mean of all the cnc games I saw, this is the only one I saw that has some known celebrities with it. (and a handful of beautiful women along the way XD)

Other than that, I just want to know if cnc4 would get any attention to some of the problems the players currently observed?

This post has been edited by stormgear: Aug 14 2010, 15:19 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 20methuselah Aug 14 2010, 15:05 PM
He can't tell us anything about the future of C&C. For those of you paying attention there is a clue in there but beyond that, not much. They are working on something at EALA but it is top, top secret, trust me I've tried to get a hint.....and I cannot.

There won't be any patches on anything outside of maybe C&C 4. All of the other games are out of reach in terms of patching so there was no point in even asking the question. As to the nature of the questions this was a "getting to know" our new guy not some sort of cross examination of the future, or history, of the franchise.

Those of you that enjoyed the introduction thank you very much. Those that did not.....I'm sorry. There will be more to come from him.....but I simply could not see beating him up with everything that is wrong with C&C when he's been the CM for 45 days.

Clan: GameReplays.org

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)