Nature's Protection
Root
Camouflage
Camouflage/stats
Camouflage/stats
Stats
Root

Cooldown: 300.0 / 225.0 / 150.0 / 75.0 Seconds

If you're going for a tree sight maxing build, you don't have a pre-defined skill build. You only increase the level of Tree Sight when it's off cooldown! Never ever level it up when it's still on cooldown, you're better off getting a different skill.

And if your eye comes off cooldown and you're about to level-up, wait for it.

That way you'll have 75 seconds less to wait for the next eye.

This post has been edited by Caedus: Aug 15 2010, 19:37 PM

Game: Dota 2

+
# 3X-Flame Aug 15 2010, 20:07 PM
Doh, can't believe I forgot all about that. I personally never go Eyes first, I always go Protection first because it makes him near unkillable during the laning phase.

Added!

On a side note, I find Keeper rather boring to play as, but getting a genocide because your eyes spotted a gank, then rooting the enemy and watch as your team finishes them off is pretty rewarding happy.gif

Game: None

+
# 4smyger Aug 15 2010, 20:51 PM
That's truly an awesome hero, I absolutely fear a good keeper on the opponent team. Makes me often wanna go for dw to easy counter his tree sight eyes.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5Paincarnate Aug 15 2010, 20:58 PM
Absolutely <3 Keeper.

Thanks for the tip on skilling Tree sight, that was new to me.

However, I do have to say that rushing for a Refresher sounds good on paper, but means that you hardly contribute to teamfights besides from using Root. Sometimes I find it helpful to stop for a Crazed mask thing (the one Chronos always gets), or even a Firebrand/Frostburn, before finishing Refresher.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6Mr. Wrex Aug 15 2010, 21:25 PM
I absolutely hate this hero. He's boring as fuck, and he runs like a coward!

However, I just love chopping down those well-hidden trees. Even though I usually don't see Keeper rage, I can imagine what he must feel like. biggrin.gif

Btw, a nice addition to the guide would be some screenshots of good locations to place the wards.

A lot of people place their wards at very bad spots, spots that provide 0 vision or are very easy to find.

Knowing where to place those Eyes is probably the hardest part of playing Keeper, apart from timing his ulti well.

This post has been edited by Caedus: Aug 15 2010, 21:26 PM

Game: Dota 2

+
# 7Oreb Aug 16 2010, 01:55 AM
However, I just love chopping down those well-hidden trees. Even though I usually don't see Keeper rage, I can imagine what he must feel like.

When the eye takes 200-300s to place perfectly, I do rage on the inside when I play keeper. You generally have to actually place them outside of regular areas when you play keeper. Doing the usual spots are instantly chopped within the minute.

Game: Hardware

+
# 8Paincarnate Aug 16 2010, 06:56 AM
Pray that you aren't playing against someone with a spammable aoe tree cutting ability. Deadwood, Tundra, Tempest, etc.

But in general, drop them anywhere in the second row (ie. not on the outer tree) and you're pretty much fine.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 9siggis Aug 16 2010, 07:59 AM
Personally i tend to get me a level 3 puzzlebox on him as first major item, very nice to use while in ult.
Then i move toward either dps build (if i can for the lozl) or restoration (together with puzzle so u can double-ult)

+
# 10Oreb Aug 16 2010, 10:50 AM
But in general, drop them anywhere in the second row (ie. not on the outer tree) and you're pretty much fine.

Most experienced players now exactly where to find the eyes in the second row, heck, if I'm an aoe tree-cutting hero, I'll just nuke the area as I pass anwyay.

Game: Hardware

+
# 11X-Flame Aug 16 2010, 11:01 AM
Keeper is a pretty weird hero I'd say. Once you pop his ult there's really not much you can do aside from whacking the enemy carry a few times and hope he attacks you. That's why there are builds for him. One where you focus on your strongest offensive point, namely his ultimate, and one where you focus on getting them to focus you, namely with the Mock build. That's why a weird carry-like Keeper is possible, as the dude hit like a truck and can tank so well.

Building a Puzzlebox on him is the same as any hero really, never a bad move. I'm a bit iffy on including it though, it doesn't focus on either of his strong points.

+
# 12Utred Aug 16 2010, 11:33 AM
I don't play keeper because I always cry when they kill my eyes.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 13Nyancrypted Aug 16 2010, 12:28 PM
+1

fap fap fap fap fap

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14Utred Aug 16 2010, 12:59 PM
I like the highlight image.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 15The_Prodigy Aug 16 2010, 13:59 PM
TBH I prefer the way Phe_V presented Keeper to us.

Eyes are obviously weak and team should not rely on them for warding. Imo only skill eyes when you notice/understand that the enemy team is counterwarding you with revelation wards to do some counterwarding yourself.

Going all out on armor/stats as long as possible, 1 point in camoflage when you are starting to feel threatened and of course the ult is the way to go imo smile.gif

+
# 16kustodian Aug 16 2010, 20:48 PM
QUOTE(siggis @ Aug 16 2010, 08:59 AM) *

Personally i tend to get me a level 3 puzzlebox on him as first major item, very nice to use while in ult.
Then i move toward either dps build (if i can for the lozl) or restoration (together with puzzle so u can double-ult)

Hi and welcome to GR banana.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 17foundryrush Aug 17 2010, 01:47 AM
I really don't agree with this guide at all. I only ever play keeper as solo mid due to him being able to crush anybody in that lane giving your team the edge and i only ever build post haste so he can actually do something rather than be a team fight bitch. Keeper with steamboots is a complete non threat without his ulti.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 18The_Prodigy Aug 17 2010, 08:38 AM
I'm somewhat with foundryrush here. He is a lasthitting monster rivaled by few. But to each his own. I just think he is rather weak in a duallane setup, and eyes are vastly overrated.

Wards cost 200 gold, keeper lasthits 200 gold in no time smile.gif

+
# 19tterab Oct 29 2010, 19:15 PM
With good last hits it is a pretty quick thing with keeper to get the sword of the high for mock, I like Phe's build, except on lanes when you might want the sight and/or camo for ganks, then putting 1 early point into those seems wise. But going refresher is nice to have with that fun ultimate.

Edit:

Taking Stats over skills also helps you work in early game ulti's when the time arises.

This post has been edited by tterab: Oct 29 2010, 19:41 PM

+
# 20somonels Oct 29 2010, 19:56 PM
QUOTE(tterab @ Oct 29 2010, 19:15 PM) *

With good last hits it is a pretty quick thing with keeper to get the sword of the high for mock, I like Phe's build, except on lanes when you might want the sight and/or camo for ganks, then putting 1 early point into those seems wise. But going refresher is nice to have with that fun ultimate.

Edit:

Taking Stats over skills also helps you work in early game ulti's when the time arises.

The previous post was made over 2 months ago. You have just created a zombie! Congladurations?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)