Kanes Wrath

How do I beat Traveler fast-tech on Rift?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Chr1st14n Aug 17 2010, 23:05 PM
Simply put, I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. I was able to "counter" his mechapede spam, but I was too contained to properly harvest, and his eventual Tripod push bowled me over...can anyone give me some pointers?

Attached File(s)
Attached File How_do_I_beat_Trav.KWReplay
Size: 503.02k
Number of downloads: 24
Player Name Side Team
CaMpCr@zYZocker 1
GR.orgChr1st14n* 2

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Gonna_Kill_Ya Aug 18 2010, 01:49 AM
I'm no expert but 2wf scorpspam(dozers), buggies and venoms with laser upgrade works well for me.

If your up against a good player you might not be able to win without lasers.

In my experience 2wf spam (or even 3wf - without epic) beats fast-tech. Plus gives you the map control to expand.

This post has been edited by Gonna_Kill_Ya: Aug 18 2010, 01:50 AM

+
# 3Gonna_Kill_Ya Aug 18 2010, 02:17 AM
Oh I see. I didn't realise how quick he teched. I thought u meant after expansion.

Thats a bitch. Wait for a pro to tell you.

+
# 4cnc315d34d Aug 18 2010, 02:27 AM
could probably focus on gaining map control and if he goes hexa, just ignore it and overwhelm his base

+
# 5Spectre Aug 18 2010, 03:00 AM
pp-rax-ref-wf-ref-pp-pp --expand-- ref-ref-wf-wf
harvs = 5 on 2 expandharvs- 4 on 2, after ur harv spam is done, que bikes from all wfs, get your 2nd and 3rd wf up and expand to blue.

When you get your 2nd and 3rd wf, if you have the chance, squeeze out atleast 3 buggies from each if he doesn't send anything at u.

Traveler can't do anything about it.

This post has been edited by Spεctre: Aug 18 2010, 03:01 AM

+
# 6Gonna_Kill_Ya Aug 18 2010, 04:20 AM
QUOTE(Spεctre @ Aug 18 2010, 04:00 AM) *

pp-rax-ref-wf-ref-pp-pp --expand-- ref-ref-wf-wf
harvs = 5 on 2 expandharvs- 4 on 2, after ur harv spam is done, que bikes from all wfs, get your 2nd and 3rd wf up and expand to blue.

When you get your 2nd and 3rd wf, if you have the chance, squeeze out atleast 3 buggies from each if he doesn't send anything at u.

Traveler can't do anything about it.
Fast tech or not

That's gold.

This post has been edited by Spεctre: Aug 18 2010, 22:19 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 7Chr1st14n Aug 19 2010, 02:39 AM
You gotta be kidding me! Bike spam >>> Traveler? That easy?! Surely there's some dirty trick I should look out for right?

+
# 8pistolboy Aug 19 2010, 03:27 AM
I have found that on Rift against all scrin factions, an early 4 bike rush seems to work well. The scrin player will be forced to build units to counter bikes and that forces him to delay his fast tech by a long way.

+
# 9Gromij Aug 19 2010, 07:14 AM
just do a regular 2/5 opening with scorp spam from 1 wf while expanding. Once you scout the fast tech, go T2 after dropping 1 ref at expo and get about 6 venoms out.

Focus fire on his shard mechapedes when the greedy bastard comes out with no discs, and then by the time hes adapted your eco has already put you so far ahead. I then like to add about 10 beam cannons for reflector beam shenanigans but thats just me ;p

Or if you would rather, just spam scorps and micro well. You dont need to kill the mechapedes just force them back, since time is on your side. You would get 2nd wf instead of T2 after first expansion ref, then continue on to 2nd ref at expo. All you gotta do is make sure you always have your scorps between your base and the mechas so keep good map awareness and watch for flanks. If he charges in force fire the head, if he tries to kite just reverse away and wait for him to come back in. This should easily hold you until you get T3 and roll him with lazer dozer scorps and 1 click powers.

This post has been edited by Gromij: Aug 19 2010, 07:16 AM

Clan: Trauma

+
# 10xxadamxx0001 Aug 19 2010, 09:01 AM
Maybe if You have a early expansion Our if you tech up fast as well that may help other then that im not sure.

+
# 11zookerz Aug 19 2010, 20:21 PM
QUOTE(Chr1st14n @ Aug 18 2010, 21:39 PM) *

You gotta be kidding me! Bike spam >>> Traveler? That easy?! Surely there's some dirty trick I should look out for right?

Bike rush > Trav. Only dirty trick is adv articulator dis, which means you already won. 5 bikes, 1 raider, ref sell rush works extremely well. Bikes force trav to spam seekers or dis to counter bikes, but bikes will allow map control and since trav has no devs, they can't do much about the bikes if you can micro well. I have a replay somewhere of bike rushing Cabal207 and he made seekers, which delayed his expansion and I got double wf and spammed bike + buggy and won due to being able to attack everywhere in his base.

+
# 12GodMachine Aug 23 2010, 10:37 AM
Seriously I just think that if you rushed and harassed decent enough it would force your foe into either building base defenses or trying to spam whatever units he/she could produce therefor raping his economy double-time while you focus in on his/her harvesters. All during the process your economy is doing nicely un-harassed because your enemy is on the defensive and you have the speed advantage with bikes. Flank with your bikes from the north or the south and send in a random team of infantry and that will screw him/her up even more thinking they have to start popping out anti-infantry along with some bike killers and then throw a flame tank or two at them while baiting his army with your bikes... Wait.. How is he teching again with all of that going on?

Personally I think it is a good tactic to roam with bikes and a couple of random raiders to kill scouts and harass your foe with. It keeps you in map control because all of your enemies scouts are killed and your opponent is constantly reacting to you instead of merrily building away in their bubble.

Even if you can send just one bike and one raider out there after your opponent in the early game you can split them up and scout the crap out of him while you take the spikes, anti-scout, and force your opponent to build either counters or base defenses burning up their economy.

Distraction and misdirection, tis the way of the Brotherhood of Nod.

+
# 13Tomber Nov 3 2010, 10:21 AM
You need to push him scrops/flametanks then he cant do those mechas tongue.gif

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)