Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2kustodian Sep 4 2010, 18:36 PM
That's one long guide n1qshok.gif

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3minjung Sep 4 2010, 20:25 PM
You're missing an "a" in "Pharoh" in the topic title, your post, and in the introductory sentence "THIS IS PHAROH" tongue.gif

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Croutonman Sep 4 2010, 20:30 PM
Fixed!

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 5Selong Gridi Sep 4 2010, 21:05 PM
Where can I buy this book??^^

+
# 6The_Prodigy Sep 4 2010, 22:52 PM
Hey Great Guide but one thing I would like to see changed/recommended is to actually pick up a lifetube early on. Since you anyways are gettin the buckler, picking up an early lifetube to help you stay in lane and farm etc is a good thing to finish a hotbl later on. Most times this item is worth its cost unless its some less usual all-magic-damage-team youre facing.

And maybe stress a bit more how good Puzzlebox is on Pharaoh for newer players who otherwise might not like puzzlebox. If you could do some numbers / damage comparision with a Puzzlebox pharaoh vs non puzzlebox it would be great!

+
# 7X-Flame Sep 5 2010, 07:27 AM
Good Lord what a guide.

Game: None

+
# 8KissKiss Sep 5 2010, 11:09 AM
I almost always see Phara go 3,2,3,1,3,6,3 in the solo lane, and more or less the same in the dual lane. Sometimes you wont see Mummies until much later too... why would you max Hellfire in a sidelane when you can harass/lasthit much more effectively with soul, and why wouldn't you get a level in Hellfire at mid instead of an extra second in mummies.

Also Valk should probably be in his good lanemates section. If you see phara in a sidelane is pretty common to see a Valk there with him.

+
# 9FreshFriFly Sep 5 2010, 11:20 AM
good pharaohs dont skill hellfire untill lvl 10.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

+
# 10LukDeRiff Sep 5 2010, 12:14 PM
QUOTE(KissKiss @ Sep 5 2010, 11:09 AM) *

I almost always see Phara go 3,2,3,1,3,6,3 in the solo lane, and more or less the same in the dual lane. Sometimes you wont see Mummies until much later too... why would you max Hellfire in a sidelane when you can harass/lasthit much more effectively with soul, and why wouldn't you get a level in Hellfire at mid instead of an extra second in mummies.

Also Valk should probably be in his good lanemates section. If you see phara in a sidelane is pretty common to see a Valk there with him.

I said that none of these skill builds are set in stone. I don't recommend Hellfire in mid lane because it is pretty useless since nobody is going to let you just walk up to them and then chase them with Hellfire.
About ganking from mid: There you don't need Hellfire because you are going to gank side lanes which should normally have 2 Heroes in them and they are supposed to help you.
In side lanes Hellfire can net you some kills early on if someone sets you up nicely. Still Wall of Mummies needs to be taken early because it is way too useful to miss out on.

And Valk is going in with the next update (quite sloppy by me I admit)

QUOTE(FreshFriFly @ Sep 5 2010, 11:20 AM) *

good pharaohs dont skill hellfire untill lvl 10.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The usefulness of Wall of Mummies exponentially rises with your team. The better your team is the more useful the Mummies become. A good team can put much more use to the extra time you hold your enemy in place due to the much better coordination and immediate support in ganks.
And Fresh which team are you playing for atm ? Fnatic.MSI which is considered to be the best team in the world by many people........so......

btw: if no one has noticed it yet Fresh = Truly Best Pharaoh Player so if you want to see how the damn Hero is meant to be played watch some of his Pharaoh replays (will add 2 to the guide with the next update)

+
# 11FreshFriFly Sep 5 2010, 12:19 PM
hehe its my bad, i looked pm too late about the pharaoh guide so missed it sad.gif(( but i love how u describe the mummies awsomeness when you have ''a team to back you up". Since hellfire is more of a "yo i thought hon was a 1v1 game" type of skill no matter how you see it.

+
# 12-Izzo- Sep 5 2010, 16:32 PM
I don't agree with the skill build. Tormented soul should be maxed out first as it is your main harassing/nuking ability. Using it only for scouting and occasional last hit on a creep is waste. I can approve of it only if you are soloing bot/top vs 2 or 3 heroes thus harassing becomes nearly useless and you should use it for last hitting but I've never seen this situation in a public game.

Which brings to my other point and freshs' comment. When you are playing pub games with randoms, which I'm sure majority of us are, it is more "yo this is 1v1" game than you want to accept. You need to rely more on individual skill rather than count on your team to supply proper support. You can do whatever you want with the support of 4 other good players, but for the rest of us pub players I really think maxing soul and putting one point in mummies and rest to hellfire (and ofc taking ulti at lvl 6) is the best skill build for pharaoh.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 13Mr. Wrex Sep 5 2010, 17:17 PM
I max out Tormented Soul first, it's too good a spell early on to delay it.

I get 1 point in mummies at level 2, because it is invaluable as a saving skill, but as long as you don't have the firepower to take down other heroes in a 1 v 1 situation, it's rather pointless put more points in it till hellfire is maxed out.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 14FreshFriFly Sep 5 2010, 18:01 PM
hellfire is shit bro )

+
# 15Ghostchanter Sep 5 2010, 18:20 PM
I love playing as this hero he is wtf pro. Got some EPIC snipe kills with him - so satisfying. I would always make out TSoul first, with hellfire along side it. I only get mummies after I start roaming OR if im in the short lane with your forrest with u, and am struggling with getting harassed or something - as its perfect to cover your escape in this lane compared to the other one where the creeps are so far up theres no real holes to block with ur mummies.

Great hero regardless - go enjoy him!

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 16-Izzo- Sep 5 2010, 20:41 PM
QUOTE(FreshFriFly @ Sep 5 2010, 20:01 PM) *

hellfire is shit bro )

70 dmg every 0.75 sec for 10 sec = 910 dmg is shit? Even level 2 hellfire can already do up to 390 dmg. That is shit? kk bro

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 17The_Prodigy Sep 5 2010, 21:08 PM
I do know that you probably know this already but youre never getting a total damage output of 910 from Hellfire.

I like 1 lvl in hellfire for the ministuns then soul and mummies should be the priority if im playing serious. You can be much more inventive with the mummies than hellfire too..

+
# 18KissKiss Sep 5 2010, 23:25 PM
It might be a 1v1 skill, but I mean, when you trap somebody then its pretty much a 1v1, at least for a short while. The damage is ok, but realistically you'll never get all that damage on one person, its just that those ministuns can be pretty clutch, stopping somebody from getting in attacks, interupting skills, channels, tps w/e. Gotta be worth saccing a second in mummies for.

Its funny tho, cos when I first started with Phara I maxed Hellfire, then I'd get soul instead and now its like I'm being told to max them mummies. Yo yo, next big thing is stats phara.

+
# 19Gameslayer989 Sep 6 2010, 13:33 PM
i don't play pharoah much but when i do i find that im limited by his relatively small early mana pool (yeah, spamming soul really drains your mana sad.gif) so i usually go for a guardian ring and mana potion instead of the buckler and then a scarab from the side shop. this helps me get the mana i need but it delay's my power supply. I think this starting build can be used as an alternative against a lane that isn't as harrassment heavy, or am i just playing pharoah wrong?

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 20deso Sep 6 2010, 16:26 PM
QUOTE(FreshFriFly @ Sep 5 2010, 11:20 AM) *

Ah, ok.
Simply because you are the only one who plays Pharaoh in one of the highest quality teams in a game whose competitive scene is so incredibly small it hurts some times, you make statements like these?

Even one rank of Assault Battery can counter the cast animation of so many trapped heroes, especially in HoN.
I'm not saying Hellfire should be picked up every time, in fact I really like the Mummies/Rocket harass on solo lanes and for team fights, but writing such stupid generalizations like "good pharoah dont skill hellfire until 10" or "hellfire is shit bro" really hurts people who can actually use their brain

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)