# 1kustodian Sep 8 2010, 23:49 PM
Bubbles Guide

Leave your comments here.

Clan: HotOPS

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2X-Flame Sep 9 2010, 09:15 AM
Good guide.

"Totem of Kuldra". Isn't that Kuldra's Sheepstick?

Game: None

+
# 3Utred Sep 9 2010, 10:00 AM
Bla bla who cares.

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 4kustodian Sep 9 2010, 10:13 AM
QUOTE(Utred @ Sep 9 2010, 11:00 AM) *

Bla bla who cares.

Exactly, but I still fixed it happy.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 5Gameslayer989 Sep 9 2010, 15:33 PM
was most of this guide written before bubbles got his buff? only in the mid-game section where it talks about portal key:
Well besides from the obvious two is better than one, Shell Surf is fairly slow and sometimes can be spotted by better players.

currently the shell surf is actually quite fast, travelling the full lenght in 3~ seconds. perhaps that section and the portal key as a core mid-game item should be thought about and maybe changed?

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 6LukDeRiff Sep 9 2010, 16:34 PM
No matter how fast the shell surf is it can be spotted and can be dodged. Portal Key is one of the postioning tools in the entire game and far superior to shell surf in that sense.
Bubbles is an initiator and thus should have the best positioning possible. Also he is pretty item independent and as consequence he can get many items but Portal Key is in general the most potent option.

+
# 7Schizofriendlia Sep 9 2010, 22:24 PM
Blink Dagger is not and never was "core" on Puck in DotA, and I believe that it is still not "core" on Bubbles. If you can aim your shell surf decently then you can land your Song of the Sea and Kelp Field fine and Portal Key would be a waste of 2150 gold. That's my opinion though, and I don't disagree with it strongly enough to say it shouldn't be in a guide.

The thing that bothers me about this guide is there is no discussion about how to use his Kelp Field. It's not supposed to be Blink -> Kelp -> Silence. It's supposed to be Blink -> Silence ... then you wait until the enemy actually wants to move somewhere before you Kelp. If you Kelp too early, especially if you Kelp before Silence, you often just find yourself getting stuck in a losing situation where you are 1v3 for long enough that they obliterate you and then Kelp has worn off and they can run away from your teammates. It is very important to not just throw down a Kelp Field because enemies can be hit with it. You might actually need to use it to allow your team to escape a counter-gank.

Just because you want an enemy to stay in an area, doesn't mean they want to get out of it.

+
# 8LukDeRiff Sep 12 2010, 08:41 AM
QUOTE(Schizofriendlia @ Sep 9 2010, 22:24 PM) *

The thing that bothers me about this guide is there is no discussion about how to use his Kelp Field. It's not supposed to be Blink -> Kelp -> Silence. It's supposed to be Blink -> Silence ... then you wait until the enemy actually wants to move somewhere before you Kelp. If you Kelp too early, especially if you Kelp before Silence, you often just find yourself getting stuck in a losing situation where you are 1v3 for long enough that they obliterate you and then Kelp has worn off and they can run away from your teammates. It is very important to not just throw down a Kelp Field because enemies can be hit with it. You might actually need to use it to allow your team to escape a counter-gank.

Just because you want an enemy to stay in an area, doesn't mean they want to get out of it.

Uuups, I totally agree with you. Well, to a certain degree, it really does depend on the situation. If you have a bfo AoE ultimate (eg. Magmus) to follow up then it is normally better to Kelp first. But in most situations it really is better to silence first and then use Kelp.

Didn't look over the guide because Fresh and Simba said it was good to go, so I blame them.

+
# 9SpainDevil Sep 22 2010, 17:54 PM
That is the reason why do pick up a portal key followed by a puzzelbox. Send your shell to a great position for after initiating, blink in, ulti,silence,drop minions and blink to your shell. Like that you can travel sick ways in hardly any time and confuse your enemy soooo much. Now you can watch your minions rape their squishies and burn their mana.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 10arabjuice Sep 28 2010, 20:09 PM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ Sep 9 2010, 15:33 PM) *

was most of this guide written before bubbles got his buff? only in the mid-game section where it talks about portal key:

currently the shell surf is actually quite fast, travelling the full lenght in 3~ seconds. perhaps that section and the portal key as a core mid-game item should be thought about and maybe changed?

3 seconds is an incredibly long time

Took you about that to read this post, enough time to dodge

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)