Hellbringer Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Four Court Jester Oct 16 2010, 22:59 PM
Hellbringer Guide

Leave your comments here smile.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Stickyrolls Oct 17 2010, 02:03 AM
Pretty good guide however I would never make nomes. Usually go phase boots, chalice, and then puzzle box. After that it depends. Sometimes shaman headress sometimes sheep sometimes barbed armor.

+
# 3Paincarnate Oct 17 2010, 03:38 AM
You can actually carry with Harkons, almost as well as Puppet. Life Void + Harkons means free lifesteal.

But in general, tanky items are quite necessary on him, unless you have scarier heroes on your team the enemy has to focus first.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4MiniDonbeE Oct 17 2010, 04:13 AM
P bow hands down is the strongest item on hell, 50 % less move speed = free autotacks from ur minions, add life void, death boil and the ranged heroes nuke and thats around 700 magic damage, add autoatacks from ur minions and from hell, in the duration of the slow... around 1.2k damage if hell is weak, if he has any other items like sheepstick 1.5k damage biggrin.gif if u waste malphas ult 2k right there... ow thats if the other guy has no escaping ability xD

Anyways... if ur solo (trilanes.. but ur not in the trilane, which u shouldnt be anyways) get deathboil and lifevoid. if ur with another hero, get the slow and deathboil smile.gif maybe 1 point into lifesteal, just 2 keep urself alive smile.gif if u are unfortunately in a trilane get 1 lvl into slow and max the other 2 smile.gif hope that helps....

He is a hero that has been op since the start of the game and is still op .... almost impossible 2 kill when his team has damage potential, can tank kongor, can solo kill most heroes with p box, can solo, can lane, can trilane... the only thing he cant do is miss his ult.

The only bad thing about hell is that his ult is such a high cooldown, dont use it on just 1 or 2 guys...... only in teamfights or if u really need it 2 het the kill on 2 or more heroes.

+
# 5Nyancrypted Oct 17 2010, 04:24 AM
LOL Nice job! :thumbs:

LOL at the pics.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 6Sn0_Man Oct 17 2010, 05:42 AM
I dont claim to be good, but no love for Barbed armor on HB? Its pretty unfair combo'd with life void (assuming you can get them to attack you, but AOE teams kinda have to hit you)

+
# 7Stickyrolls Oct 17 2010, 07:33 AM
I outcarried a tdl + zephyr 2v1 late game with barbed, puzzle box, and harkons. Such a good hero and if you define hard carry by being capable of soloing multiple heroes with right items then he can become one. Puzzle is sooo good. Gives you stats that you need and the minions damage is magic and this has synergy with life void. This item alone allows you to carry but hey, puzzle can allow many int heroes to carry. Just a tip for new hb players: most don't realize how strong he is in 1v1 confrontations...save your slow for when they do realize this and try to run. Personally since the nerf to life void in beta I don't get slow in lane. It makes it take way to much time to get more levels in life void and this is probably your best skill over all.

+
# 8X-Flame Oct 17 2010, 11:34 AM
Omgggggg it's out w00t.gif

Thanks for the comments so far. When I started this guide I had no real idea about what to write, but in the end I was fairly happy with the result.
Here is some of the reasoning behind my choices:
1: I did not opt to write a Carrybringer build because that is not how he is meant to be played. Though it might prove effective, I believe that he is better off as a support, hence I focused on that role.
2: I added Nomes into this, simply because FreshFriFly, better known as FreshPro, opted to add it. Seeing as how he is a top ranked player, I took his word for it.
3: I originally was planning to write him down as a wardbitch, but then decided not to. Though he is somewhat of a decent candidate for it, there are probably heroes in your line-up that are better suited for it.
4: I'm still iffy on adding Barbed in any heroes item build. Barbed is highly situational and should only be bought if they keep focusing you, so it can be applied to any hero.

Keep the comments coming!

Game: None

+
# 9Gameslayer989 Oct 17 2010, 12:24 PM
you've finally got it released wink.gif

personally i prefere the lifevoid over the slow, as in combination with your death boil it does so much extra damage, but i can see where the slow would be needed (level 1 ganks)

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Dota 2

+
# 10PanterA- Oct 18 2010, 04:21 AM
This is some really good stuff...Me personally, love support HB...but during late game and shit, i really love having that harkons and barbed

+
# 11SpainDevil Oct 19 2010, 18:34 PM
You should differ between babysit style hellbringer and solo hellbringer ....

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 12WSLaFleur Dec 11 2010, 07:06 AM
No mention of barbed armor whatsoever.

+
# 13X-Flame Dec 11 2010, 08:54 AM
Barbed is situational and can be used by any hero. Admittedly, I have noticed its synergy on Hellbringer in combination with Life Void, so I'll include it one of these days.

+
# 14MiniDonbeE Dec 13 2010, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(Gameslayer989 @ Oct 17 2010, 12:24 PM) *

you've finally got it released wink.gif

personally i prefere the lifevoid over the slow, as in combination with your death boil it does so much extra damage, but i can see where the slow would be needed (level 1 ganks)

LOL youve obviously never played hellbringer. his deathboil will always do 360 damage... because its in ticks, it will not do more or less -.- Jesus dude play the hero before you comments... also in lanes slow is better, solo get lifevoid especially when going 1v2

Lol gameslayer saying you do more damage with the tick... no you dont dude lol you might do more damage with malph becaus his abilities are magical but then the low is better because he can catch up to them..

+
# 15MiniDonbeE Dec 13 2010, 11:45 AM
QUOTE(Stickyrolls @ Oct 17 2010, 07:33 AM) *

I outcarried a tdl + zephyr 2v1 late game with barbed, puzzle box, and harkons. Such a good hero and if you define hard carry by being capable of soloing multiple heroes with right items then he can become one. Puzzle is sooo good. Gives you stats that you need and the minions damage is magic and this has synergy with life void. This item alone allows you to carry but hey, puzzle can allow many int heroes to carry. Just a tip for new hb players: most don't realize how strong he is in 1v1 confrontations...save your slow for when they do realize this and try to run. Personally since the nerf to life void in beta I don't get slow in lane. It makes it take way to much time to get more levels in life void and this is probably your best skill over all.

... most int heroes with those items will do that, try having harkons on puppet.. now that is a real hard carry xD no matter how many items you get, he will not become a hard carry.... why because lvl 25 hell with those items vs lvl 25 puppet with the same items. puppet one shots hell. ez

+
# 16Gameslayer989 Dec 13 2010, 15:51 PM

LOL youve obviously never played hellbringer. his deathboil will always do 360 damage... because its in ticks, it will not do more or less -.- Jesus dude play the hero before you comments... also in lanes slow is better, solo get lifevoid especially when going 1v2

Lol gameslayer saying you do more damage with the tick... no you dont dude lol you might do more damage with malph becaus his abilities are magical but then the low is better because he can catch up to them..

quoting from the hero index:
Death Boil Effects
5/6/7/8 ticks of Magic damage, starting at 10 and increasing by 10 for each tick.

The key word is magic damage. I believe that it means before armour calculation, you believe it means after. From the games i've played it always seems to do more damage to hero's with lower magic armour but i will test it later tonight.

+
# 17X-Flame Dec 13 2010, 17:24 PM
Gameslayer is right. Your Death Boil does indeed more damage with Life Void. However, leveling Life Void is better for the extra chain + extra tick, making Death Boil do way more extra damage than another level in Life Void would do.

+
# 18Gameslayer989 Dec 13 2010, 17:52 PM
well, after testing i have found out that whilst the life void does cause more damage, at level 1 with 1 boil it does only 10 damage more so it isn't worth using along with death boil till it's level 2, and even then it's only worth it if you need the hp or desperatly need the extra 50 or so damage, so my advice would be to not use it with your boil until your boil is level 3 or 4. The lack of extra damage until later on is probably the reason why you thought it deals no extra damage. Still, guides are here to help you learn smile.gif

however what i am annoyed about is how rude you was. You hurt my feelings :'(

This post has been edited by Gameslayer989: Dec 13 2010, 17:55 PM

+
# 19X-Flame Dec 13 2010, 17:59 PM
Don't worry, once people get too offensive, I'll deal with it.

Hellbringer skill build, the TL;DR version:
dot when possible
Aggressive lane: get slow
Defensive lane: get Void.

I have also added Barbed Armor in his item build.

+
# 20MiniDonbeE Dec 16 2010, 07:43 AM
troloolollol u got trolled o.o
D: ppl actually think i was serious and yes it does do more damage smile.gif

with lifevoid it can actually do about 50 more damage smile.gif

hahah gameslayer i was trying to get you to stand by your point and call me a noob or something but you didnt D:

Xflame defensive lane still shackles is better, why ? well because if your playing defensive ... ie with another hero next to you you want the slow, so they cant get as many autoatacks in smile.gif the lifevoid wont do much when your babysitting.

When in a lane with someone else slow beats life defensive or offensively

When solo life beats slow, because you will out harrass the enemy with that and hell isnt a hero that gets a lot of kills, so the slow isnt useful when your solo, when ur with someone else it is because you will be babysiting them, slow beats lifevoid because lifevoid only heals you and is only beneficial for you, slow is beneficial for both of you

BTW its were not was are you hispanic?

This post has been edited by MiniDonbeE: Dec 16 2010, 07:45 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)