Command and Conquer 3

need mentor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1cmd1095 Oct 24 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm looking for a mentor to help me get better at C&C3, I have never tried online play but I know i' not good enough to take anyone on yet. seeing as the AI still gives me trouble sometimes (not too often, but i imagine that those few times are more than anyone else) I feel that a mentor to help me along would be a great idea for me.

My schedule is unpredictable sometimes since it is often based on how much homework i get (school stinks sometimes sad.gif...) and my parents can be a royal pain too but i should be able to make any meetings i set up or however this program works

Anyway I'd say I am somewhat skilled at this game, I'm the best player amongst my friends for sure (not saying too much) but i beat all the campaign missions with style and dissed the AI every time.

Regardless of that i am inexperienced in this and if someone would please mentor me that'd be great

btw sorry if this isn't how to get a mentor but i'm new to these forums too

Clan: Cadre of Gamers

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2cmd1095 Oct 25 2010, 20:47 PM
so nobody can mentor me, nobody at all?

+
# 3^Cerby- Oct 26 2010, 16:34 PM
I would love help you but I've stopped playing since school began (school dry.gif). But if you have a replay, post it and I'll have a look to give you some tips!

Game: Contributor Profiles

+
# 4cmd1095 Oct 26 2010, 18:56 PM
school stinks (i'm dealing with it too otherwise i'd be playing more TT_TT )

i'll see what i can do with the replays. most of my matches so far aren't much to look at though

+
# 5cmd1095 Oct 27 2010, 02:59 AM
ok here's my first practice one using tips given to me on this site

and the second one too, both should be 2v2 unless i put the wrong ones up...

the first one was made easier so that i could try an engi-APC run
the second one was made even.

tips apreciated

This post has been edited by cmd1095: Oct 27 2010, 03:04 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File practicing.CNC3Replay
Size: 462.9k
Number of downloads: 1
Player Name Side Team
Caleb* 1
H 1
M 1
M 1
Attached File practice_2.CNC3Replay
Size: 476.64k
Number of downloads: 1
Player Name Side Team
Caleb* 1
H 1
H 1
H 1

+
# 6^Cerby- Oct 27 2010, 11:21 AM
Ok, I'll have a look today if I have time.

I watched them, but it's a bit hard to give you tips when you play against AI post-13661-1143531603.gif But here my first tips:
Do not build defense if you don't need them, maybe it work against AI, but not against a real player. Instead, sell them and scout with riflmen squad you get.

You must have more harverster : at least 4-6 Harvesters by field.

You build too much APC/engi in the beggining, 2 or 3 is better. Don't waste too much money but remember a nice APC/engi can save the day!

And don't build units like Missile squad after building your barracks, you must have a good economy before queuing lots of units. Make sure to have at least 4-5 Harversters before.

I hope it help you a bit! But I'm not really good at 2v2, I prefer 1v1! smile.gif

This post has been edited by ^IAMCERBERUS^: Oct 27 2010, 16:57 PM

+
# 7cmd1095 Oct 27 2010, 21:37 PM
well the missles/preds are cause i get hit by a lot of rush tactics and i use them to give me time to set up an economy, get units, and tech myself. then i spam mammoths and jugs and go for the kill, as you saw. the fact my partner used a nuke both matches was helpful lol

+
# 8^Cerby- Oct 28 2010, 17:08 PM
But in these replays you played against the AI, you need to play against real player to improve yourself! I'm not sure your strategy will work against real player.

This post has been edited by ^IAMCERBERUS^: Oct 28 2010, 17:08 PM

+
# 9cmd1095 Oct 28 2010, 19:04 PM
well i have moved to brutal AI rushers now, and that's kinda the same as real people. especially the rusher part. if i can start beating that then i might live long enough in online matches to learn something. getting killed within 1 minute of starting isn't teaching me anything...

+
# 10cmd1095 Oct 29 2010, 02:54 AM
got my first online win just a little while ago

i then went against my partner in a 2v2 match and was winning till my new partner quit and overwhelmed me with his base that defaulted to my control and was very poorly made. i was fighting on two fronts against two skilled opponents and i held my own i think. i sold the new base and held out for as long as i could

looks like i'm getting a bit better smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File first_real_win.CNC3Replay
Size: 439.05k
Number of downloads: 2
Player Name Side Team
cmd1095* 2
Albas0ul 1
YOU*ES*AYE. 2
Katja88 1

+
# 11^Cerby- Oct 29 2010, 14:33 PM
I'll have a look now!

EDIT: You have good bases! Your pink mate played nicely too. But the thing you have to do (I learned that when I come in GR) is to harass your ennemy, don't let him any advantage, attack his weaknesses. I saw you had an enough big army to attack. With your juggernauts, let them very far of the ennemy, otherwise you will lose them. Try to use snipers to attack with your juggernauts, or harass by bombarding the area where you know there is your ennemy's army. And don't forget Firehawks are usefull to destroy the Tech center of your ennemy (4 FH to destroy 1 Techcenter).

This post has been edited by ^IAMCERBERUS^: Oct 29 2010, 15:48 PM

+
# 12cmd1095 Oct 29 2010, 19:25 PM
i'm glad i did well then, my 2nd game i tried sneaking snipers in but my enemy was very... fond... of zone troopers and i assume they had scanner packs or something. i didn't even reach the first structure sad.gif that match turned into who could draw the enemy zone troopers in range of the watchtowers. i was better at it, but once my partner quit... well you get the picture.

as for the tech center, people usually put it far back in the base (i actually sometimes hide it in my partner's base) and surround it with anti-air. the FH almost never make it unless i have two airfields full of them.

+
# 13^Cerby- Oct 30 2010, 06:58 AM
You should read this guide about 2vs2 on Rednoobzone Rampage. You will see good player don't train immediatly units.

But I can't really help you about how play correctly in 2v2, I know the base, but not how play after. I'm a 1v1 player and if you need help about that, I can help better! smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)