Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Custom Map - March of a New Era w/Harvesting & Money

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Davopotamus Nov 16 2010, 01:39 AM
Here is a rundown on the map, which is also stated when the game begins.

"In the center of the map, GDI and Nod will harvest a crystal every 20 seconds. These crystals are worth $400 a piece. These refineries cannot be captured under any means."
-----
"The 4 refineries located near the corners of the map can be captured by surrounding them with units. The crystals deposited here are worth $250."
-----
"This is your silo. Click it to see your credits, or your teammates. Each player starts with $2000. Unit building will be locked if you are out of credits. Using a mobile crawler while building will STILL drain credits. Tier 1 units cost $25/second, Tier 2, $50/second, and Tier 3 $75/second "
-----
"Tiberium Spikes can be engineered to gain an additional $15 every 5 seconds. You can also build around them."
-----
"Power Plants give you and your teammates an additional 10 power points per Plant, if engineered. If you own all 6, you gain 10 extra power points. You can also build around them."
-----
"This is your Red Crystal Base Defense. Each crystal fires 2 powerful lasers that cause enemy units to slow down until death."
-----

MiniMap
IPB Image

V1.1
IPB Image

The purpose of this map is to reintroduce the element of money into the world of C&C4, as well as the map interactivity of older C&C titles.

BUGS: The crawlers continue to spend money on units that are built while it is mobile.

Pics and videos coming soon...

This post has been edited by Davopotamus: Nov 21 2010, 18:40 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File MarchofaNewEra.zip
Size: 378.77k
Number of downloads: 530
Player Name Side Team
Attached File MarchofaNewEraV1.zip
Size: 364.82k
Number of downloads: 458
Player Name Side Team

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2TPPK Nov 16 2010, 13:19 PM
I haven't played it "yet" but on first sight something significantly wrong thing with is that it promotes spawn-zone camping.

+
# 3Davopotamus Nov 16 2010, 13:37 PM
and you will lose because of it too.

+
# 4Incia Nov 16 2010, 17:02 PM
Unfortunately seems to be unplayable at skirmish... AI players just idle next to the 'nodes' which seem to do nothing?

Will the Node multiplier have any effect on this map at all? or is it only after Kills?

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 5Davopotamus Nov 16 2010, 21:55 PM
it was meant to be without nodes. but they can be added in, and if you didnt want them, just set them to 0x. that would probably solve that problem. any other thoughts on the map?

+
# 6Incia Nov 16 2010, 23:12 PM
Well, is the intro really needed?
I mean, it's super cool and all but, probably after played it 5+ times it starts to get boring.
And Skirmish AI actually spawn and start the game while the long intro is still playing.

+
# 7General Jist Nov 17 2010, 09:18 AM
Maybe u could set the intro as Text boxes that disapear after X time like 2 min?

Great job,

+
# 8Davopotamus Nov 17 2010, 13:21 PM
i like that idea jist. and incia, i have made the nodes captureable, as soon as i get home, i will release that version for you guys!

+
# 9Incia Nov 17 2010, 15:08 PM
btw, not sure if it were the Nodes themselves, but some artistic parts of the map that had a loop-hole (a big hole in the ground) made air units disappear into the hole.
Even if you have painted the area with impassable, it seems air units can still go 'over' it.

Long story short, the AI had 'hidden' Salamanders in the hole, when I attacked him he 'spawned' out 2-3 Salamanders from nowhere tongue.gif
Then when I lost they slowly hovered down again into the dark hole.

I think it was near the 'nodes'...

This post has been edited by Incia: Nov 17 2010, 15:08 PM

+
# 10Davopotamus Nov 17 2010, 17:13 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ Nov 17 2010, 09:08 AM) *

btw, not sure if it were the Nodes themselves, but some artistic parts of the map that had a loop-hole (a big hole in the ground) made air units disappear into the hole.
Even if you have painted the area with impassable, it seems air units can still go 'over' it.

Long story short, the AI had 'hidden' Salamanders in the hole, when I attacked him he 'spawned' out 2-3 Salamanders from nowhere tongue.gif
Then when I lost they slowly hovered down again into the dark hole.

I think it was near the 'nodes'...

yes unfortunatly i am aware of the dropping near the nodes as well as the 2 tiberium patches on the top and bottom, the huge crystal holes. i need to see what the developers did in that situation.

dirty ai haha.

i have a few questions as well...

as far as the money, did you find that even being broke, you recieved the right amount of money?

is the gameplay the same each battle?

can i improve?

i really wanted you, incia, to design the map. map strategy was never my strong point.

i think by the next update after todays, i should be able to have all upgrades available for cost. if the money is liked. if this idea fails, i think can improve it and i want to. i didnt want to release it so early, but i feel feedback is still needed.

so tell me anything you want, how bad it sucks if you want, just tell me why.

i watched a game reply of this map, and lots of stuff had no power. so i need to work on that.
the more feedback the better.

i am working on 2 other maps(after work, go lunch break!) and should be on soon if you need me.

+
# 11Incia Nov 17 2010, 18:15 PM
Oh right, the power... I noticed that too... early game I took all the power plants but, all of them were "out of power"... I felt it a bit funny that a power plant itself went 'out of power'... hmm...

And not sure to be honest, it's pretty hard to fully test the map from a couple skirmish games. There is A LOT of new stuff, so it will take some time to get used to it.

And btw, I didn't really see a huge point of moving from my spawn, I only captured stuff with my fast/mobile units, but didn't move my Crawler.
I trained a Dozer and used outposts to get build area elsewhere on the map, so never had to move my crawler.

Not sure but, maybe reduce the amount of tech turrets/tech buildings?
Those seemed to be the biggest parts of the map you wanted to camp around.

One last thing I noticed... both harvesters in the middle of the map got affected by support powers... and support powers that affect speed seems to only be a strong point from Nod, so Demoralize all the time on enemy harvester seems a bit OP... and maybe GDI sonic artillery or something similar?
Is there an easy way to make both harvesters immune to all support power effect?

EDIT: Hey, what was the point of the 'blue' tiberium crystal up and down? I were unable to capture it and also unable to destroy it, HOWEVER I was able to shoot at it. I could manually target it and shoot it for hours and it did absolutely nothing.

This post has been edited by Incia: Nov 17 2010, 18:17 PM

+
# 12Davopotamus Nov 19 2010, 17:19 PM
i found a few more errors i am correcting

nod previously had no silo to click on, thats fixed.

fixed the sinking units

fixed the top left and top right refinery capture bugs.

cant fix the auto harvester taking direct special powers i just see no way to do so...

i hope tomorrow or late late tonight i can have 1.1

i will keep you updated. any more feedback would help from more of you. i also have been testing it online and it is a hit. oldschool player really enjoy the changes and are telling me a few peoblems as well. can anyone think of any improvements? and has anyone heard from the scientist?

+
# 13M4dn3ss Nov 20 2010, 02:39 AM
Looks good ATM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14Davopotamus Nov 21 2010, 09:51 AM
UPDATED MAP, caps...

+
# 15Incia Nov 30 2010, 04:43 AM
Just tested that new map, and it's a lot better.

But it still feels a bit unfinished, lots of small annoying bugs here and there. Also can't you just put regular garrisons around the map? Even if it looks nice with different buildings but those buildings have no death animation or damage animation... which is weird... as you can destroy them but they still idle there like they had 100 % HP left.

And that 1 blue tiberium crystal is bugged, this time around I could actually click and capture it, but the tiberium didn't move. I could slowly use my unit to walk away but it wasn't 'carrying' the crystal. When I was miles away from the original position and detonated it, the ION storm spawned on the original location. Maybe just remove it all together, as it's a weird crystal ohmy.gif

I really liked the tower in the middle, funny how it looks like an experiment, the tower has the 'APC Mine' ability icon from C&C 3, and it spawns a nuclear flying Missile. I used this 3 times in the game, killed a bunch of Scalpels bunched together.

Biggest problem so far is that there is WAY too much stuff in the map, and playing as offense and Support, those 'power plants' are useless but still captureable. And there's just millions of turrets everywhere. I even once had a turret versus turret fight, both shot a barrage of shells and neutralized each other.

OH, and umm... was it design that the 2 Nodes are destroyable? After like 10 minutes, both Nodes was destroyed. That's where the map became weird. All AI player just idled next to the turrets and had a face off there. They didn't no what to do after the Nodes just simply exploded away.
Also made the game Super long.

I had the normal 2500 settings (usually I have 4000), but thank God I only took 2500, as the game lasted for 40 minutes.

The fun part was that the AI's duking it out versus each other was similar crappy, so I took Support Crawler and made a tour round the WHOLE map, captured all turrets and buildings on my way round the map... during this tour I also killed all 3 Crawlers, got the achievement for my Smurf and then shortly after won the game, with ONLY 54 VP.

AI don't understand that buildings that are captured with Engineers can only be 'killed' by capturing it with an Engineer. They were most of the time during the game killing the invulnerable buildings with their army.

Hmm... and not sure about the whole money thing... at mid-late game I could suddenly only afford 4 Sandstorms... like were my allies spending the money faster so they used my money? because that was pretty lame, just a sitting duck there with 4 Sandstorms and I couldn't really do anything.

And decommissioning units should give money back but I know that's impossible to script unfortunately.

Anyways, make the Nodes invulnerable so the points will raise faster. GG.

IPB Image

+
# 16Davopotamus Dec 1 2010, 22:58 PM
whoa, somehow, i didnt see this post...

but i have read it and i wil make a more changes. thanks!

after testing my version of the map, i have seen the AI capture the tib spikes. those self destruct buildings seem to trigger the AI's engineering elements... sometimes.

+
# 17Incia Dec 2 2010, 04:36 AM
But not to bash the map or anything but from my point of interest it's too much stuff in one map. Like if you have examined official maps you will see that they only have stuff like 1 turret on specific key locations and 1 tech structure here and there.

Just looking at the minimap and seeing 20 tech structures is just insane. Maybe people like the madness but I personally don't like it.

With tech buildings I also mean civilian garrison buildings, you currently have 31 garrisonable structures.
Where regular skirmish maps only have like 18+.

+
# 18Davopotamus Dec 2 2010, 04:57 AM
i was never good at figuring out map strategy without base building.

+
# 19Incia Dec 2 2010, 05:04 AM
Those actual buildings you used are pretty, maybe just keep them normally, just don't make them garrisonable, then on key locations only put some civilian bunkers or something similar.

Just a suggestion.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)