TML
Flares
Health 2
And much more

Explain.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2splattedone Jan 8 2011, 23:12 PM
You could point out similar lists for UEF and Cybran (a much shorter one for Cybran though) and say they're OP. Illuminate as a faction isn't really that amazingly strong. Their only really strong points are teleport (which is OP) and flares (which are maybe OP). Everything else is, IMO, balanced with the other factions' strong points. I'm a little surprised you didn't mention shotjas when you include "Tanks", which are perfectly balanced with UEF tanks before upgrades eyebrow.gif. I also think that teleport is useless against navy on most naval maps.

While Illuminate may be stronger than UEF and Cybran, I think it's not the most important thing in inter-faction balance. What's more important is that Cybran is gimped as hell. When's the last time you saw Cybran in a 1v1 tournament?

+
# 3TheWord Jan 9 2011, 00:40 AM
That isn't the list of things that break the game for Illuminate. It's:
  • ACU range
  • LRPD
  • Shotjas
  • Flares

The other things you mention aren't such a great concern. I have beaten Illu land several times as Cybran when he had teleport, but it does require excellent micro.

TML isn't that OP really, you just have to make sure that you don't get into a stalemate with Illu. If he sunk 7RP into TML and you can't do something with your RP to kill his TML then you are doing something wrong.

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 4splattedone Jan 9 2011, 02:04 AM
QUOTE(TheWord @ Jan 8 2011, 20:40 PM) *
  • ACU range
  • LRPD

Ah, yes, thank you Word. I'd forgotten about those (even if LRPD is only a problem against Cybran, it's still imba).

+
# 5_Pulse_ Jan 9 2011, 15:56 PM
Problems arise when two equal skilled players are up against eachother. TML maybe isn't the problem, but the sharpshooter's effectiveness is.

Health 2 for the illuminate figbombers is a bit OP, +25%? + the earlier upgrade

Shotjas are fine imo

+1 to LRPD and ACU range OPness

Teleport is OP against cybran navy, but as soon as Posidons get stacked barrel, teleport doesn't matter

+
# 6Nephylim Jan 12 2011, 17:17 PM
Aeon might be the faction with the most imbalances. Either its completely OP or completely useless.

USELESS:
Urchinow, Willfindya, Darkenoid, Sooprizor, Airnomo, Harvogs (mostly), Gunships (mostly), tanks on water (without teleport), illuminator / lower structure tech tree.

+
# 7VerTiGo_Etrex Jan 14 2011, 14:43 PM
Do the same thing, except for Cybran or UEF... We'll talk about useless units AFTER that...

Game: Dota 2

+
# 8TheWord Jan 14 2011, 16:10 PM
QUOTE(VerTiGo_Etrex @ Jan 14 2011, 15:43 PM) *

Do the same thing, except for Cybran or UEF... We'll talk about useless units AFTER that...

UEF and Cybran have far less useless units.

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 9VerTiGo_Etrex Jan 18 2011, 02:47 AM
Pardon me, I meant upgrades and upgrade trees...

Game: Dota 2

+
# 10X-Flame Jan 19 2011, 20:56 PM
It'd still be cool if such a list was made, though.

Game: None

+
# 11Nephylim Feb 5 2011, 13:41 PM
Check my mod and youll see tongue.gif
Want me to copy that list?

+
# 12LYNK May 4 2011, 01:00 AM
QUOTE(TheWord @ Jan 8 2011, 19:40 PM) *

TML isn't that OP really, you just have to make sure that you don't get into a stalemate with Illu. If he sunk 7RP into TML and you can't do something with your RP to kill his TML then you are doing something wrong.

its 6 rp

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)