Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes Online

GridKeys 3.0

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1d4m1ty Jan 24 2011, 05:39 AM
Here it is once again, except this time its not a mod, its an autohotkey script and uses your mouse to click on the buttons in a grid format.

The script will move the mouse to the center of a button instantly, click it, and then return your mouse to its previous position. I haven't been able to move my mouse fast enough to break it yet so I am now presenting it you to see if you can. Also, I have only been able to test this for my monitor (1400x1050), it should work for all resolutions since it takes the monitor resolution and scales the mouse position from there, but maybe wide screen might kill it.

T is set to be reinforce,
Y, G, B are upgrades.
Ctrl-S is TacMap
Ctrl-Q to Ctrl-T are your 5 leftmost Commander Abilities. smile.gif

Script brings up a small gui to choose your monitor ratio. Click submit and you should hear 1 ping and the script is now running.

Turn it off before you begin to type in the chat window or you may get some strange shit. Enter should toggle the scripts active state in game only but ctrl-alt A should always work.

As an added feature, it has the middle mouse reverse painting.

Just unzip and dbl click on the exe.

Update History
1-29-11
Added shift functionality to queue grid commands
Adjusted Commander Abils for 16:9

2-1-11
Added 16:10 ratio
Adjusted commander abilities placements for 16:9.

2-3-11 #1
Fixed Ctrl S issue
Added .ini support for custom keys

2-3-11 #2
Added x,y button positions to .ini
Added 5:4
Added camera movement keys

This post has been edited by d4m: Feb 4 2011, 01:50 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File GK312_32bit.zip
Size: 394.19k
Number of downloads: 849
Player Name Side Team
Attached File GridKeys312_64bit.zip
Size: 562.55k
Number of downloads: 1894
Player Name Side Team

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Inverse Jan 24 2011, 05:52 AM
You're alive, eh? Hope the kid isn't too much for you to handle.

I used something like this in closed beta and found it slightly laggy, but I'll give this one a try and see how it goes.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 3d4m1ty Jan 24 2011, 05:59 AM
I've been lurking a bit. Time is tight and its kids... 2 now. 2 year and 6mo and I love it.

It might lag for some it might be due to their machine, don't know, but it works and would love to see if it works for others as well.

+
# 4Dero Jan 24 2011, 09:27 AM
i will give it a try

Game: Generals 2

+
# 5Beina Jan 24 2011, 13:04 PM
Not sure who you are but thank you.

custom gridkeys =D

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 6d4m1ty Jan 24 2011, 16:30 PM
Had a great idea and will be editing the code later when I have dedicated time to do so by adding the hotkeys to make it turn off when you hit enter or shift-enter to remove 1 extra key stroke when you chat.

Anyone who is 16:9 and this script fails, take a full screen shot at your res and post whiled you have a unit selected which needs to reinforce as well as can be upgraded so I can have the script detect your aspect ratio so I can recalc scaling for wide screen.

This post has been edited by d4m: Jan 24 2011, 16:31 PM

+
# 7cohcast Jan 24 2011, 18:28 PM
Why set t to reinforce?

+
# 8d4m1ty Jan 24 2011, 18:35 PM
Because you need to reinforce more than you need to upgrade a weapon and T is a much easier reach than Y if you keep your left index on the F key where that location nub is.

+
# 9Beina Jan 26 2011, 06:23 AM
i cant figure this out,

i have downloaded the auto hotkey, and now im stuck.

+
# 10d4m1ty Jan 26 2011, 15:14 PM
To use this script, download autohotkey and install.
Make a new script and paste the following code into it and then dbl click to run it.

A script is just a text file with the extension .ahk. So make a new text file, paste the script, save, rename as whatever.ahk, icon should change, when you dbl click on it, you sh9ould see a small green box with an S appear in the tray meaning the script is running but Suspended.

If you still can't get it, attached is the compiled script. Just unzip and run the .exe.

This post has been edited by d4m: Jan 26 2011, 15:18 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File CoHO_GridKeys.zip
Size: 543.2k
Number of downloads: 439
Player Name Side Team

+
# 11Beina Jan 26 2011, 23:20 PM
hehe, will need to do it the manual way.

my winzip is out of licence!..... funny, i remember winzip being free :\

thanks thou

+
# 12Malecite Jan 27 2011, 01:21 AM
I can confirm this DOES NOT work on a 16:9 ratio. I have 40 inch sony tv that I use as my gaming monitor, and while the q,a,and z, keys hit fine, the w,s,x keys end up triggering the e,d,c keys.

Is there some way to adjust the values to properly reflect the width difference?

I tried editting them but I got rather strange results, not sure why, but it looks like a multiplier is involved in the function you used. Would really love a reply as I want this to work!

P.S: Thanks for all your effort, honestly if I can get this working ill probably replace gridkeys in VCOH with it as well.

Cheers!

+
# 13Inverse Jan 27 2011, 01:41 AM
QUOTE(Malecite @ Jan 26 2011, 17:21 PM) *

I can confirm this DOES NOT work on a 16:9 ratio. I have 40 inch sony tv that I use as my gaming monitor, and while the q,a,and z, keys hit fine, the w,s,x keys end up triggering the e,d,c keys.

Is there some way to adjust the values to properly reflect the width difference?

I tried editting them but I got rather strange results, not sure why, but it looks like a multiplier is involved in the function you used. Would really love a reply as I want this to work!

P.S: Thanks for all your effort, honestly if I can get this working ill probably replace gridkeys in VCOH with it as well.

Cheers!

QUOTE(d4m @ Jan 24 2011, 08:30 AM) *

Anyone who is 16:9 and this script fails, take a full screen shot at your res and post whiled you have a unit selected which needs to reinforce as well as can be upgraded so I can have the script detect your aspect ratio so I can recalc scaling for wide screen.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 14Malecite Jan 27 2011, 05:45 AM
Thank you FOREVER to the guy who wrote this script, it was actually super easy to just adjust the values of the X coor modifier by 4 for each. Not sure why the first time I tried it things went completely fucking haywire.

Anyways, this is infinitely better than grid keys because it works for every unit no matter what, and there is no chance for the wrong button as there is occasionally with GKeys. Also the mouse paint is the most useful thing ever for keeping STUPID FUCKING VEHICLES alive.

Seriously man, your my hero.

+
# 15d4m1ty Jan 27 2011, 12:05 PM
QUOTE(Malecite @ Jan 27 2011, 01:45 AM) *

Thank you FOREVER to the guy who wrote this script, it was actually super easy to just adjust the values of the X coor modifier by 4 for each. Not sure why the first time I tried it things went completely fucking haywire.

Anyways, this is infinitely better than grid keys because it works for every unit no matter what, and there is no chance for the wrong button as there is occasionally with GKeys. Also the mouse paint is the most useful thing ever for keeping STUPID FUCKING VEHICLES alive.

Seriously man, your my hero.

You're welcome.

I'd love to see the changes you make for your 16:9, I will incorporate them intro the script and have it detect if you are 4:3 vs 16:9 for others who use it. Adding 4 to each sounds like an ugly hack since the values should only be 0 to 1. A screen shot would be best still so I can scale it via photoshop like I did the 4:3 ratios.

Also, 7zip. Just google it. Its free, zips, rars, among others.

This post has been edited by d4m: Jan 27 2011, 12:23 PM

+
# 16RKGhost Jan 27 2011, 12:35 PM
This is probably going to sound daft, but what exactly are grid keys for?

I mean, can't I just select units as I normally do and press the hotkeys as I normally do? What does this script do differently/improve?

And given that T is retreat by default and reinforce here, that would probably lead to some interesting moments biggrin.gif

I'm interested in this mainly because I often end up pressing Y instead of T and then my units fail to retreat. Best would be something allowing me to use BOTH T and Y to force a retreat for my units.

This post has been edited by RKGhost: Jan 27 2011, 12:35 PM

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 17d4m1ty Jan 27 2011, 14:35 PM
Graphic example
IPB Image

It maps the 4x3 grid of keys lower right to the 4x3 grid of keys on the left side of the keyboard.

So that to build say a Pioneer or an Engineer, rather than hunting down P and E, since both the Pio and Engineer are the upper left button in HQ, for either axis or allies you would just hit F1 for HQ, then Q. Retreat is the upper right key so its now R. Grenades throw is lower left and now Z. Gridkeys enables you to hit every hotkey in the game with 1 hand without lifting it off of the keyboard.

+
# 18RKGhost Jan 27 2011, 14:59 PM
Great explanation, thanks!

A bit too complex for me to use though I think smile.gif

Would you have a solution for mapping Y to retreat as well though?

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 19d4m1ty Jan 27 2011, 16:27 PM
make an autohotkey script.

y::t

then when ever you hit y, it hits t instead.

+
# 20d4m1ty Jan 27 2011, 22:09 PM
Removed the code. Has a gui selection screen to choose 16:9 or 4:3, small exe now.

DL Link at the top of page.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=8054253

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)