Red Alert 3

Terror Trix's Mentoring

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 161c9q9md Mar 5 2012, 16:37 PM
for jadderclark
'hmm. since destructo havent been posting anything here in like a trillion years, im just gonna post some tips instead.
ok first map: II
I would recomend you to expand after the 2 refs and 2 ppsand the AF. with only two refs your economy usually isnt strong enough to support a WF too.

(AvA) -From your baracks, make 2 dogs and engi for the oil, followed by 15-20 PK spam. if your enemy isnt making PK,s he will lose his oil dereck in 90% of the cases.

back to the main thing. you shouldnt be able to be defeated by air naval attacks. The first thing is that the more cash he spends on his navy, the more cash can you focus in your land based attack you should be able to outspam/play him on land in that case. however if you do manage to kill his land, but hes already t3 and have aircraft carriers and AD dont panic. here is what you have to do:

since you destroy his main base (in 90%+ cases you should) he wont have more than 1-2 most likely 1 refs. asuming your playing II

in most cases you shouldnt make alot of money go to waste in a naval yard as he most likely has dolphins. all you need is your WF and AF from your AF(airfield) make some cryos. the cryos can shrink the mighty AC into a tiny boat wich needs ages to kill + he cant reach your land base. From your WF, SPAM endless riptides, outplay him on his economy. for each riptide he afforts, you afforts 3. assuming u have 3 refs while him having one.

The attack, gather like 5-6 riptides and 2-3 cryos. this combo will break any naval unit he might throw at you. dolphins are freezed in no time, and you can easily shrink his ACs and AD. if he makes Hydrofoils, just shrink them and freeze his other units.

Btw: your standard attack force for killing land bases are Guardian tanks and PKs just spam both, but stop pk spam after like 20.

i dont have time to help you further cus of homework to do >.>
but ill see if i get time to answear you other questions later, hope this helps.

Edit: I Saw the replay myself. and i agree that you can speed up building placement tongue.gif

ok, you was doing ok untill the end. a few mistakes here and there, but else, i think your one of the better "new players" i have ever seen.

Appart from what i said there is some other thing i want you to improv. tongue.gif

1. Your playstyle.

You play too defensive. you had like 4-5 guardians backed up by 2-3 javs and sees his open base. Instead ofattacking ASAP, you retreat and let him gain alot of cash you could easily have prevented him to. You also made too much of an overkill that match. instead of making enough to win, you completely exterminate him with 20 guardian tanks too much tongue.gif

2. Your Timing smile.gif

Your choosing bad timings for your attacks and bad coordination. you ran into his PK turret with a large infantry force and got slaughtered.- unnessesary. tongue.gif
Try to number two of your vindis for number 1. and your main army nr 2.
(Constructive critism)
numbering is (CTRL + Number 0-9)

If you had put 2 vindis first to take care of that turret, you would have won vs his riptides and IFVs he had literally nothing to stop you except that turret.

3. General "small things"

You need to learn how to take out Garrisonds, you lost WAAY too much unessesary stuff to these two houses tongue.gif

take 3-4 PKs and put them in shield mode, then attack the house. the PKs will walk into the house clearing it. (at the cost of the pks)

secondly, take out his oil derreck. this is one of your major problems this mach. the oil was his ONLY income. over time it made him affort another ref and a new AC.

When you see that your going to kill his land, stop production of anti-land!!!! biggrin.gif

4. your reasorses!

This is what bothers me the most. At the end when you left the game, you had 11K floating and still all 3 refineries. Cmon.. do as i said above. or at least try to smile.gif
And you can always just pack up your mcv and drive it somewhere else and make a counter attack there wink.gif

Im trying to give as much constructive critism as i can to help you improve. if you feel offended in any way, im really sorry tongue.gif, im just trying to tell you what you did wrong and how to improve it wink.gif
not flaming.

This post has been edited by c9q9md: Mar 5 2012, 17:39 PM

Game: None

+
# 162Destructo Mar 7 2012, 15:19 PM
I'm currently seriously out of action, I am still around bt not doing much on the site, so ill catch up with requests when I can.

+
# 163Destructo Mar 29 2012, 15:22 PM
For anyone who needs Allied mentoring and wants to ask me, I recommend C9's and Walf's mentoring topics, they're both very good allied players who are equal/better than me when I was in my 'prime' so feel free to ask them questions, if you want my advise specifically then you're free to post here too smile.gif Alternatively ask for me email and I'll give it to you there smile.gif

+
# 164c9q9md May 7 2012, 15:08 PM
here is the guide i made in a word doc.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Scouting_and_anti_scouting_fixx.docx
Size: 4.74mb
Number of downloads: 16

+
# 165c9q9md May 9 2012, 19:47 PM
im growing impatient tbh,, , it has passed like a month and no one seem to have payed any attention to me.. unsure.gif unsure.gif cry.gif post-13661-1143531603.gif sad.gif mellow.gif

+
# 166Boondoggle May 10 2012, 05:16 AM
QUOTE(c9q9md @ May 9 2012, 20:47 PM) *
im growing impatient tbh,, , it has passed like a month and no one seem to have payed any attention to me.. unsure.gif unsure.gif cry.gif post-13661-1143531603.gif sad.gif mellow.gif

Hey, I read your above guide and I posted to our mentoring thread only 6 days ago.
Currently I'm improving quite a bit - see our mentor thread which I will post to later today.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 167c9q9md May 14 2012, 08:45 AM
yawn.gif yawn.gif yawn.gif yawn.gif

+
# 168Destructo Jun 2 2012, 10:11 AM
C9 - feel free to take over this mentor topic, i trust your judgement and know that you'll deliver top notch advise, and when you need advise, you can email me: serioussam@virginmedia.blackberry.com that goes for all of you, if you need advise, just drop me an email smile.gif

Good luck out there guys and girls smile.gif

+
# 169c9q9md Jun 7 2012, 09:24 AM
ok, i can do that, smile.gif

Boondoggle left ra3 aswell cus of real life stuff sad.gif

If anyone have any questions just ask.. smile.gif

+
# 170Destructo Jun 17 2012, 10:33 AM
smile.gif Keep mentoring dude, I've seen you in game a couple times yesterday tongue.gif keep up the activity and get your rank up tongue.gif

4000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+
# 171Zlex Jun 18 2012, 07:00 AM
^ that is dedication!

Btw to win, 2 rax, PKspam (remember a few javs)
unpack mcv MOVEMOVEMOVEMOVE

GL HF

+
# 172c9q9md Jun 18 2012, 08:38 AM
QUOTE(Destructo @ Jun 17 2012, 10:33 AM) *

smile.gif Keep mentoring dude, I've seen you in game a couple times yesterday tongue.gif keep up the activity and get your rank up tongue.gif

4000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grats on 4000 posts tongue.gif

I am looking for ppl ingame who need help, but they dont visit gr in seems.. I helped some people in game tho tongue.gif

My rank is just low cus i havent played much AM yet biggrin.gif

@ Zlex

only do this on small maps and not vs sovs biggrin.gif

+
# 173Zlex Jun 18 2012, 10:29 AM
C9, do it on all maps, especially vs Sovs!

+
# 174Destructo Jul 18 2012, 10:12 AM
I am officially back in action forum wise guys!! Keep the questions coming I am still able to answer them!

I will be back in-game from the 1st of august so get ready to get a whooping of a life time boys and girls!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)