Heroes of Newerth

Flint Beastwood Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LukDeRiff Mar 9 2011, 20:33 PM
Leave your Feedback for the Flint Beastwood Guide here.

p.s.: Longest Guide I have ever seen wacko.gif

This post has been edited by LukDeRiff: Mar 9 2011, 20:52 PM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Anarchy Mar 9 2011, 21:25 PM
I think someone really needs to look over this. I only only read through the first section and already found many mistakes. The "Discuss the guide on the forums" link also does not work properly.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3LukDeRiff Mar 9 2011, 22:03 PM
Link is fixed and we had an editor looking over this. I wouldn't be to harsh since the guide is 10.000+ words long.

+
# 4Anarchy Mar 9 2011, 22:16 PM
Just look at it, there are parts that are literally repeated from about 10 lines earlier.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5Witchking' Mar 9 2011, 22:46 PM
Wow, really lots of mistakes, agree on that. Apparently the editor didn't even run a spell check ("poitns" in money shot's note).

The reasons to not pick him are repeated just a paragraph below. Then wrong bb code in the gameplay section.

But that can be fixed fast I hope - because this seems to be a REALLY awesome guide.

syllable! <3

+
# 6Dr. Nipples Mar 10 2011, 00:52 AM
At least have someone other than the editor look at it and find mistakes. It's so laden with them, it makes it almost unreadable.

EDIT: Also, a long, descriptive guide does not always make for a better one. Instead of being redundant, remember the ABCs: Always Be Concise.

English 101

This post has been edited by Dr. Nipples: Mar 10 2011, 00:56 AM

+
# 7kustodian Mar 10 2011, 01:10 AM
The majority of the mistakes is fixed now. I don't know how we managed to fuck up that many things at once wacko.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 8Dr. Nipples Mar 10 2011, 02:29 AM
As far as I know, at least four people have edited it, and there's still the section at the beginning that repeats the exact same thing about when not to pick him. Cut down redundancies, please!

+
# 9Paincarnate Mar 10 2011, 03:42 AM
Go through the thing again for through/trough mistakes. Also, there was one duplicate section, when talking about when to (not) pick Flint. Those were the only things that I noticed.

Other than that.... wow. Superb stuff, longest guide I've ever seen, marvellously written. Well done, great job, absolutely spiffing. Syllab wub.gif

And I still owe you a game, I haven't forgotten.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 10emocore Mar 10 2011, 07:48 AM
good guide for newbs although i feel a bit tired after reading it.
and there was repeated "And Flint is not a good pick when:" at starting of the article. and i think the explanation on items are a bit too lengthy.

although i already know 95% of the guide written, since FB is one of my favs,
its always nice to be reminded. good job. smile.gif

This post has been edited by emocore: Mar 10 2011, 07:48 AM

+
# 11Witchking' Mar 10 2011, 08:03 AM
QUOTE(emocore @ Mar 10 2011, 09:48 AM) *

good guide for newbs although i feel a bit tired after reading it.
and there was repeated "And Flint is not a good pick when:" at starting of the article. and i think the explanation on items are a bit too lengthy.

although i already know 95% of the guide written, since FB is one of my favs,
its always nice to be reminded. good job. smile.gif

There is no "too lengthy". If you like it, you read it, if you find it too lenghty, skip it. There are always people that will benefit a lot from detailed guides.

+
# 12Yondalla Mar 10 2011, 13:50 PM
Great guide,

Haven't read through all of it but i have 2 things i want to point out.
At the end of the intro you repeat the part why you should not pick flint.
And in your skill builds you take the first Money Shot at level 5, i don't think that is possible.

Great guide, cant wait to read the rest smile.gif

+
# 13Naeras Mar 10 2011, 14:11 PM
I'm fairly certain the repeat part is just to reinforce the point of that there are times when you really shouldn't pick flint, because it's very easy to forget when you SHOULDN'T pick him when you just read that there might be times where he could be a good pick. Don't think it's a mistake.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 14SpainDevil Mar 10 2011, 14:11 PM
I remember playing a game against your flint tongue.gif
The guide is pretty amazing, mistakes happen and as long as they are only grammar and spelling mistakes it is somewhat alright and to be honest it is pretty good that he described why not to pick him against certain heroes more deeply as this is a guide and guides simple are for beginners. Once you can play the game you really donīt need a hero guide and beginners really learn from such a guide as it not only tells you what to do but it shows them that there should always be a thinking process involved once they make a decision.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 15Four Court Jester Mar 10 2011, 15:04 PM
QUOTE(Naeras @ Mar 10 2011, 14:11 PM) *

I'm fairly certain the repeat part is just to reinforce the point of that there are times when you really shouldn't pick flint, because it's very easy to forget when you SHOULDN'T pick him when you just read that there might be times where he could be a good pick. Don't think it's a mistake.

I assumed people could tell that it was BOLDED the second time round on 'When not to pick Flint'. It was obviously done for duplicity to reinforce the point of when NOT to pick him.

+
# 16evotech Mar 10 2011, 17:26 PM
somehow you keep getting his ult at lv 5

+
# 17Dr. Nipples Mar 10 2011, 18:04 PM
QUOTE(Four Court Jester @ Mar 10 2011, 10:04 AM) *

I assumed people could tell that it was BOLDED the second time round on 'When not to pick Flint'. It was obviously done for duplicity to reinforce the point of when NOT to pick him.

So, it's a word for word duplication that serves really no purpose, other than to say that it's bolded to reinforce when not to pick him. Dunno, looks really repetitive to me.

+
# 18syllable Mar 10 2011, 18:06 PM
QUOTE(evotech @ Mar 10 2011, 18:26 PM) *

somehow you keep getting his ult at lv 5

Since we covered level 1 already, all guidelines to level this hero up will start at 2.

It might be confusing since it's a numbered list though, and those always start at #1 even though that's level 2.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it smile.gif

+
# 19kustodian Mar 11 2011, 02:21 AM
I removed this sentence:
Since we covered level 1 already, all guidelines to level this hero up will start at 2.

and made it obvious in the guide to read the text for level 1, so now levels match up with the numbers biggrin.gif

Clan: HotOPS

+
# 20VariantThirteen Mar 11 2011, 07:16 AM
QUOTE(bad advice)
You activate it when your team initiates, or immediately when the enemy team initiates (usually this is already too late). Do not walk into fights thinking "I'll just activate this when they're going to nuke me, you know what I'm sayi---" *Miniaturized by Witch Slayer* -- dead.

WRONG

You activate this before getting in range of their abilities, 5+ seconds of magic immunity is more than enough to tip the balance in a fight. This is so basic I can't stress it enough. Activate it BEFORE you go in, not AS you go in, because that's usually too late.

This is some of the worst advice on how to use BKB I've ever read. This pretty much only applies against blinkers/sometimes invisers who have an instant cast disable. In every other situation if you aren't bad, it's better to use BKB reactively to get more time out of it, waste an enemy spell and significantly change the situation to one that throws out some of their assumptions.

As long as you position properly and have reflexes faster than a sloth, BKB should pretty much never be used proactively except against "known" Flint counters (WS, Polly, Moraxus, Pesti, maybe Fayde/Tree so on and so forth).

This principle broadly applies to most BKB carries as well. Obviously BKB channellers are a bit different.

I'd understand if this guide was aimed at terribads, but there's a skill build in there for a defensive sidelane solo, which patently isn't something you put in a guide for trash tier players.

This post has been edited by VariantThirteen: Mar 11 2011, 07:17 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)