Company of Heroes

Rollems-> twinArmageddons & clavelle

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21rollems Aug 18 2011, 19:46 PM
Darn i wrote a long reply and page errored out sad.gif

#1 I think I got into this habit planning for their retreat and chasing them to get more kills which I see a lot of good players do, but maybe not as much with Wehr? Thoughts?

it is good but it also depends on the weapon type example with MP40,MP44 yes close in infact sit on top of them. other wise like volks their weapon range is better min/long range so it probably better to stay mid range. in fact when u will move u will get walking penatly of accuracy so its better to just stand and shoot.

#3 is good and bad I think. It's good to harass points I think, I probably did send too many units that way though.

yup its good to harass but not at the cost of losing ur key map area. another good thing is lay mines if you plan to move, good example is angovila when u move from left to right, but also good players will always go in with minesweeper.

The next game I went hard left and used my 2 MG's to handle his constant attempts to make progress on that side. And then eventually went and took the right.

Yup this is fine. also sometimes when i start south i do FHQ strat. volks spam bunker etc ...

for Ango once SemInt told me
Rollems, you need to be less aggressive in my opinion, or do a bit more planning when you attack. Because of the layout of Angoville, you can't easily hop from side to side when you're Wehrmacht. The only exception I would make early game, is the cutoff, because that's pretty easy to reach. Reaching for the 16+ fuel is a bit cocky and doesn't pay off 90% of the time.
Late game, I think the problem was the same. You tried to push for both sides, and you got beaten at both eventually.

So push for one side (late game), ideally the right side, because that has two VP's. tongue.gif

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 22clavelle Aug 19 2011, 06:36 AM

OK, here is the 2nd replay I'll post although I'll warn you ahead it's not very good. vs level 10 Brit and I went 5 Pio to T2, a very poor pio to T2. I think the capping order was bad, the losing a pio without even noticing was awful. And I'm a little late. But it's the bren carrier that I think this is the first time I've had to deal with and I didn't well with this strat. It wasn't even super early or anything. But the Bren and Infantry come build a trench at my cutoff and camp and it set me way back...As I said I didn't play particularly well early. And the HT with FLames I would have probably done better sending to his base than him camping at my cutoff?

But this begs the question, what strat are you using against Brits these dayz?

Attached File(s)
Attached File wilczakrewr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 507.43k
Number of downloads: 2
Player Name Side Team
WilczaKrew 1
DrunkenFrustration2 2

+
# 23twinArmageddons Aug 25 2011, 04:11 AM
well we finally had our game, fuck you were sick and still steam rolled over me

i imagine if you were playing at your fullest you wouldve punched me through the monitor

anyways i tried that stuff you said in 2 other games and albeit they were some obviously noob matches i cant tell your strategy didnt work, capping and local defence is definitively rifles main job the first few minutes of a game

+
# 24rollems Aug 25 2011, 17:50 PM
anyways i tried that stuff you said in 2 other games and albeit they were some obviously noob matches i cant tell your strategy didnt work, capping and local defence is definitively rifles main job the first few minutes of a game

Being over aggressive with your first rifleman + engies = high risk and high results. if you pull it off opponent will take huge setback else he gets enough time to setup defenses.
specially this patch when MG comes out early , if i see a volks/mg start i dont try to rush them blindly unless its asking for it.

+
# 25clavelle Aug 26 2011, 23:55 PM
Rollems,

Looking forward to watching your tourney replays!!! Go get 'em.

Looks like a fairly even draw in the first round and a great place for an upset that everyone would be talking about in the 2nd? cool2.gif

GL & HF

This post has been edited by clavelle: Aug 27 2011, 00:05 AM

+
# 26rollems Aug 27 2011, 01:56 AM
^^ i doubt anything good will come out , i am still down with high fever from last week not played enough so dunno sad.gif

+
# 27clavelle Aug 30 2011, 02:52 AM

????

OK, I just played an 11 (don't know if that because of stat reset) Wehr Player as US on WT. And honestly I spent way too much time thinking what should I be doing? What I could see early was Volks spam and always ahead of me unit wise and even if I was in cover he seemed to stay at range and even without cover wasn't taking as much damage as me. He was keeping his Volks in a Pack and roaming. Med bunker near the left of center. I kept expecting blitz and blitz nades but never happened. I went standard US start, bars, SY and then grenades MP. He had went 1 Pio, 5 Volks, Double Infantry Vet T2 (Def Doc). Although I didn't see anything to say T2 until after my AC is on the field.

Because he kept his units packed I always felt out-numbered in battle, but had good map control and the right side. I back-teched to WSC after AC. Was late building Triage I think. Built 2 MG's out of WSC instead of sniper normal. Slowly but surely he pushed me off the map and got to T4. Battles in the middle he kept falling back to the bunker and reinforcing. He did well in dodging nades and off-map. And I think I spent too much time fighting in front of the bunker and just creating vetted Grens.

I went right had side Infantry and wonder would LHS been better for Rangers and upgraded the guns? Maybe a HT with quad, although he built two AT's as first units out of T2? 5th Rifle?

I can post the replay if you want, but Volks spam with the cheap reinforce costs?

Just one of those games where I didn't know the correct counter at all I think. So used to US games being about flanking the mg and he took that out of the game.....

#### Also, I don't think u ever answered the question as to how you are playing vs Britz this patch. Still curious.

+
# 28rollems Aug 30 2011, 16:17 PM
Well regarding WT its wehr paradise we all know , its just hard to beat them there... but what usually do is 3 rifleman WSC and (Rangers if expecting T3 before i get any AT) else M8/AT. Mortor also helps if its a MG lock down from wehr.
other risky thing you can try is Demo rush , it can work or fail badly but WT allows easy base entrance so try that out too.

regarding Brits well it all depends on Map , but prefer T1 , instead of T2 Rush for HT.
my usual build order is 3 Pio > WQ > Bike (go for where LT is capping chase it and come back to MG) > MG (3rd Pio is around to support MG/Bike) > MG > Sniper > T2 > (Pak and 2/3 Grens with shrecks) > Nebel > Puma(For Commandos) > Nebel > KT.
Support Vet 3. Infantry Vet 1 Later.
Focus is Mainly on support Vet units as i have 2MG,3Pio(flamer Later), sniper, Nebels and then vet on grens.
doctrine is usually Terror as i need KT late game to fight armor , as Cromwell does good vs Infantry.

+
# 29twinArmageddons Sep 1 2011, 09:31 AM
Rollems here:

Attached File wtfpwnedr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 252.78k
Number of downloads: 3
Player Name Side Team
joseaca1 1
Xionglong123 2

make me suck less

dude i really dont know what the fuck did i do wrong, everything happened so fast!

i couldnt cap for shit and lets not talk about cutting him off, but i suspect he was a smurf, either that or a damn fucking good level 2!

+
# 30rollems Sep 1 2011, 15:28 PM
^^ well PE on Ango is almost impossible to beat ... anyways i will check the replay in the eve and review

+
# 31twinArmageddons Sep 3 2011, 01:30 AM
weeeeell ill wait for you to check that one out first before uploading the other game we were talking about

+
# 32clavelle Sep 7 2011, 05:15 AM

twin: you should add me in-game(DrunkenFrustration2)/xfire/steam(cjlavelle on both) we are similar levels and we could play some practice matches and rollems can laugh at our futility. smile.gif My new account I created for this is a level 9 with both Wehr and US. And my main before a 6 month break was only 11 US/10 Wehr.....

Rollems: Can you post a couple (like 3) of wehr replays vs decent brit players? 8-10 US players aren't giving me a problem but a 9+ brit definitely is. It's like I change build orders after each loss which can't be good. I lost one tonight where I tried to base pin, but I let him get the mortar up and unit preservation was awful....I miss pio spam sad.gif

+
# 33clavelle Sep 7 2011, 05:21 AM
twin: Actually we played tonight in automatch now that I look at your ID in the replay u posted above. lol. Yes WT is a Wehr map....I don't unclick it as US though

Add me in game. I watched and didn't think I played well....got behind in floating more than I would like...You were harassing great early and annoying me but I think my mg's annoyed you so that u wasted your M8.

This post has been edited by clavelle: Sep 7 2011, 05:37 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File joseaca1r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 207.75k
Number of downloads: 3
Player Name Side Team
joseaca1 1
DrunkenFrustration2 2

+
# 34twinArmageddons Sep 7 2011, 16:21 PM
so it was you!

i saw your friend request and i was like:

IPB Image

+
# 35rollems Sep 7 2011, 17:08 PM
weeeeell ill wait for you to check that one out first before uploading the other game we were talking about

Well the Game on Ango , your issue was stalling, even though you were trying hard to stall , the timings of stall and harassing was off. example when you will decap his fuel say left he is obvious gonna send his PG blob that side, means that's a bait when you actually are keeping unit waiting on right side fuel to cap.
so in ur game u lost the fuel war. another things what i do on ango when i is first engi goes and wires the cut off for me the whole idea is i want to delay him to sit on my cutoff and i can enjoy 1 side fuel little easily.
early game i would suggest to try play as much as u can from tactical map. it will make it so easy to stall cap.

Rollems: Can you post a couple (like 3) of wehr replays vs decent brit players?

Ok i will see what i can do, cause lately i see brit opponent i just quit post-13661-1143531603.gif , who cares stats sad.gif
will play some for you.

This post has been edited by rollems: Sep 7 2011, 17:25 PM

+
# 36clavelle Sep 7 2011, 22:52 PM
QUOTE(twinArmageddons @ Sep 7 2011, 11:21 AM) *

so it was you!

i saw your friend request and i was like:

Dang, I didn't stomp you that bad to get the douche label. :0

+
# 37twinArmageddons Sep 8 2011, 01:20 AM
QUOTE(clavelle @ Sep 7 2011, 22:52 PM) *

Dang, I didn't stomp you that bad to get the douche label. :0

i didnt really mean to insult you, i just use every opportunity i can to make Homestuck references

+
# 38twinArmageddons Sep 12 2011, 04:38 AM
alright rollems i really need your help here i just dont know how to deal with wehr vet infantry

this is my most recent game agaisnt that shit

Attached File couldnt_do_shitr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 521.75k
Number of downloads: 2
Player Name Side Team
joseaca1 1
TIGERHESS 2

+
# 39clavelle Sep 12 2011, 05:49 AM

Twin/Jose,

Sorry, I was in a 2v2 Auto when u sent me the messages in game and it took forever. I watched some of this...Rollems will offer better insight but I had a couple of thoughts watching the replay...

When we played u made the same mistake with your M8, charging it in all by itself. Then later with the sherman in this game. The M8/Sherman needs to be part of the coordinated attack. Your opp. camped on the left side (same way I play Ango), so you MUST take all of the right. Don't take any of the VP's until you have everything else. Resources are more important early game. The Mid/High Ammo on the right took u a while to cap when he gave u the side.

But by the time you have 3-4 rifles you can start pushing left but you have to come from many angles. And when you go most everything must go with you....US is all about flanking the MG's and you can run them off the field. You waited for the M8 and then charged it in by itself. If he would have built T2 with an AT gun it would have been worse...Retreat/Restock if it fails and try again.

I would have back-teched to WSC after MP/M8 for a couple of snipers instead of TD. Would have went TD right after that.

Nice Mines.

+
# 40twinArmageddons Sep 13 2011, 03:04 AM
QUOTE(clavelle @ Sep 12 2011, 05:49 AM) *

Twin/Jose,

Sorry, I was in a 2v2 Auto when u sent me the messages in game and it took forever. I watched some of this...Rollems will offer better insight but I had a couple of thoughts watching the replay...

When we played u made the same mistake with your M8, charging it in all by itself. Then later with the sherman in this game. The M8/Sherman needs to be part of the coordinated attack. Your opp. camped on the left side (same way I play Ango), so you MUST take all of the right. Don't take any of the VP's until you have everything else. Resources are more important early game. The Mid/High Ammo on the right took u a while to cap when he gave u the side.

But by the time you have 3-4 rifles you can start pushing left but you have to come from many angles. And when you go most everything must go with you....US is all about flanking the MG's and you can run them off the field. You waited for the M8 and then charged it in by itself. If he would have built T2 with an AT gun it would have been worse...Retreat/Restock if it fails and try again.

I would have back-teched to WSC after MP/M8 for a couple of snipers instead of TD. Would have went TD right after that.

Nice Mines.

the problem is i DO use the M8 as part of combined force but i usually try to take advantage of the first few seconds in which it is out to kill or force to retreat those pesky MG that have been stopping my rifles, thats its main role the first few seconds its out, after that i put it alongside my rifles

my main issue remains, vetted infantry is just a huge pain in the ass for me, and the enemy can just keep producing it since wehr vet is not destructible

however ive had some success lately by going fast BARs rather than a fast M8, it rapes unvetted wehr inf and its still able to deal some damage to vetted inf

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)