Red Alert 3

How to play on infinity isle vs allies

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Aug 20 2011, 20:04 PM
Really need to know what mistake i made i mean i had 3 refineries but some how got disadvantage economically with my opponent getting 4 reifneries really have no clue wat so ever as to what mistake i made even the desperate cheese doesnt seem to be working help appreciated in advance .

Attached File help_required_at_infinity.RA3Replay
Size: 206.35k
Number of downloads: 23
Player Name Side Team
osK.NewtoN 1
{DvT}-AntiDarWIN* 2

Clan: DiVerSiTy

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Couch Aug 21 2011, 11:37 AM
  • Use more infantry!! Either aggressively by spamming bears and scripts or defensively by making a balanced mix of bears, scripts and flaks. (SCOUT, SCOUT, SCOUT)
  • You expanded on low power - don't do that - build a power plant before you expand and sell it later.
  • You didn't send a bear into his base so you didn't know that she was going for an airfield - do that - send a bear around the map!
  • If you see air units spam bullfrogs. Four are enough but don't forget to micro them.
  • Why did you shoot your flak-troopers with the bullfrog? That was a total waste. Drop them by using a Twinblade and destroy a Refinery.
  • When one of your Refinery gets damaged by four Vindicators immediately start repairing it. If you repair it it will not be destroyed by a second Vindicator wave and you can send and Engineer in. That is 500 credits for two wasted Vindicator runs - that pays off.

Sorry if this review sounds a bit harsh, it's not intented like that. I hope you can learn something from these tips. And watch as many replays as you can smile.gif

This post has been edited by couchpolster: Aug 21 2011, 11:56 AM

Clan: H2O

Game: None

+
# 3{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Aug 21 2011, 17:57 PM
couch polster i have done all of the above but some how still loose on this map vs allies i give up unless there is a viable strat.

+
# 4Couch Aug 21 2011, 18:22 PM
You can read the viable build orders in the Soviet Master Guide.
The rest is just skill.

i have done all of the above

Not in the replay you posted. AD.

+
# 5Fangle Aug 24 2011, 21:28 PM
strat doesn't make you pro. Remember that.

+
# 6MoiGex Aug 24 2011, 22:25 PM
use my 4 ref's strategy =)

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Team Alias

+
# 7Couch Aug 25 2011, 12:56 PM
4refs don't work against guys that have the balls to try to counter that.

+
# 8TerryBogard Aug 25 2011, 19:45 PM
why strategy specialsts don't do they work here? No wonder ppl still pming me...

Clan: osK

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 9MoiGex Aug 26 2011, 01:07 AM
QUOTE(couchpolster @ Aug 25 2011, 14:56 PM) *

4refs don't work against guys that have the balls to try to counter that.

na it works very well,even 3 rax conscript spam if made good can delay your enemy for a long time.

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: Team Alias

+
# 10Couch Aug 26 2011, 04:42 AM
IMO 2 rax spam way > 3 rax
And no 4 ref start doesn't work.

+
# 11KillWill9 Aug 28 2011, 23:58 PM
Of course 4 ref does work u have to do it right it isnt easy to beat a good allies player on small maps. U have to do it fast so you can get airfield up as fast as possible after your 4rth ref. So your twinblades can protect the water ref.

Rax
Pp
Ref
Ref
Wf (sell rax
Sr
Water ref
Middle ref
Af

This works couch even if u have to sell water ref you made them spend eco on dophins and naval yard so a ref sell and a quick counter attack can help u.

+
# 12Couch Aug 29 2011, 22:50 PM
Moigexes fast 4 refs bo is rax pp ref ref pp ref ref if i remember which is not viable against better players. Sorry if i am mistaken with the build.
I agree that this can work if there is a wf.
Btw why do you tell everyone to build a sr before expanding against allies?

+
# 13KillWill9 Aug 31 2011, 00:15 AM
Cause u can pressure them with hammer tanks early on makes them build javs and turret they just took the middle rif reff so they are low on cash and this makes it possible to destroy their collector. It works cause pressure is later allies t3 and besides u need a SR to get airfield. U have to get air Asap after u have some eco. This works. Have u ever seen tingu playing?

+
# 14zokker13 Sep 1 2011, 19:59 PM
Hammertanks get countered by Vindicators.
Vidicators get countered by Bullfogs.
Bullfogs get countered by Vindicators if their count is under or equal to 3.
3+ Bullfogs + SR on 2 Reffs is impossible.

It's okay if you force the Allied to go Apollos, only 1-2 Migs and you are more save.

I still would go 1 Rax pp ref ref pp/expand
Or go fast Fax with a sickle and 3-4 Bullfogs.
Just ownz.

Clan: TNG-

+
# 15Couch Sep 2 2011, 19:53 PM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ Sep 1 2011, 20:59 PM) *
I still would go 1 Rax pp ref ref pp/expand

Doesn't work well against Cryocopters. Flak-troopers are slow like MCVs.

Or go fast Fax with a sickle and 3-4 Bullfogs.
Just ownz.

I experienced this just doesn't work against experienced players. Believe me. Or prove me wrong wink.gif

+
# 16KillWill9 Sep 2 2011, 23:40 PM
3+ Bullfogs + SR on 2 Reffs is impossible.

Nope works fine with your cash after SR u can take 2 refs in a row after that AF works! Did u see any of tingus games??? He usually goes SR after WF.

I experienced this just doesn't work against experienced players. Believe me. Or prove me wrong

+1 anyone who can spread his javs out counters this. Or a guy with a bit cryo micro shrinks sickle while u are herassing collector bye bye sickle. And cryo shrink OP range so the bullfrogs wouldnt be able to kill it. But still i use fast WF sometimes on snowplow. It can work cause u dont have to face his army if u go around across one of the bridges. Sometimes a rush like this is the best chance i got on OP allies rush map sad.gif

+
# 17zokker13 Sep 6 2011, 16:52 PM
Doesn't work well against Cryocopters. Flak-troopers are slow like MCVs.

It does.
Of course it will not if you keep your Flaktroopers all together and stuff.
Split them, focus the Vindicator and it's okay.

Well executed it can stop Cryorush..

I experienced this just doesn't work against experienced players. Believe me. Or prove me wrong

I lost versus that shit.
Ganon did that in his pretty RA3 ending.

He also kicked out firgli in some Conquercup in 3 Mins or so..
And I guess firgli was experienced.

Nope works fine with your cash after SR u can take 2 refs in a row after that AF works! Did u see any of tingus games??? He usually goes SR after WF.

No, sry.
I dont watch RA3 Replays for like 1 1/2 years now.
He's still in some econemy disadvantage.
You can have 1-2 reffs more when he wastes his money like this.

It's one BIG push, like playing against a decent empire or Soviet, when hold, you win, when not, you fail..

Clan: TNG-

+
# 18{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Oct 28 2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/repla...t=0#post8824471

latest infliction of pain by allies player on soviets on ii map sad.gif what mistake he made in end i have no answers ....

+
# 19Couch Oct 31 2011, 11:33 AM
If you read the recent comments you see my final mistake xD (embarassing)

How I lost:
If I remember correctly, after her third refinery Des didn't go for an armor facility. Instead she built a second airfield and a naval yard for harassment. (wow did you see how nice i fended off that naval harassment? I am so proud tongue.gif)
What I failed to do was scouting that. If an allied player doesn't go for an armor facility this has several consequences for your playing:
If there is no WF there won't be any tanks. That means you don't have to keep up with the tankspam and can spend your money on other things as I did T3; or you spam tanks and attack when your opponent has none.
If there are no tanks there is another consequence: Tanks are the vehicles which kill infantry the fastest (squishnig). A little trick I first saw 4deL use it is a

Mid game Conscript spam

Why you do that
  • Your opponent has got no tanks.
  • You have got a better economy than if you would do it at the start of the game. That means firstly that you can spam from more than only two raxes and secondly that you can support your conscripts with other units: 1. Bullfrogs you build anyway against air 2. How do allied players counter the conscript spam rush? Riptides. What do you need to kill Riptides? Terror Drones. Do you have enough money to make one and keep up the spam if you do the conscript spam in mid game instead of early game? YES!
When you do that

WHENEVER YOUR OPPONENT DOESN'T GO FOR TANKS AFTER HIS THIRD REFINERY.
That is when
  • he does a fast four Refineries BO (often done on Fire Island).
  • he builds a naval yard to harass your water expansion.
  • he goes double airfield.
  • he turtles and techs up to T3 while spamming cryocopters.
Attached File h2oclanreplay2.RA3Replay
Size: 287.8k
Number of downloads: 13
Player Name Side Team
H2O||H2O||LiCtor_as 0
H2O||YourCouch* 0

If only I did this conscript spam or just attacked a little bit earlier I could have decided this earlier.

This post has been edited by couchpolster: Oct 31 2011, 12:07 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)