Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1chains Aug 23 2011, 12:57 PM

Shoutcast by me and Purlictor.

Replay from SemInt's replay pack

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Trainzz Aug 23 2011, 15:12 PM
Very nice! I think this is another good initiative to help players getting better. It shows strong and well excludes strategies with tips and tricks. WUB!

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3Doomdark Aug 24 2011, 00:03 AM
The Brit player either wasn't that good or he had a brain freeze and couldn't remember the right counter - happens when someone pulls a tactic you weren't expecting.

You most certainly don't build when in the middle of a base pin. The chance of successfully building is slim and even if you do the enemy will close in and destroy what you built. If you already have a mortar and a part made trench up then you can finish the trench and jump in. The entrenched troops can handle infantry and the bike if it gets close while the mortar kills the MGs and that will usually be enough to see off the enemy. If, on the other hand, you are unprepared then pack up, hit retreat (your units run off to safety at the call-n point) and drive your truck to safety. Once redeployed make sure to build a mortar and prepare a 90% complete trench because the enemies early success will make them want to push (usually in the form of an HT/Gren/Flamers into your new base area). Another trick is to keep hitting "retreat" to break suppression and aid in killing the enemy.

+
# 4martino Aug 24 2011, 00:06 AM
Pretty classic replay.

"This was rape" biggrin.gif

+
# 5SemInt Aug 24 2011, 00:35 AM
QUOTE(Doomdark @ Aug 24 2011, 02:03 AM) *

You most certainly don't build when in the middle of a base pin. The chance of successfully building is slim and even if you do the enemy will close in and destroy what you built. If you already have a mortar and a part made trench up then you can finish the trench and jump in. The entrenched troops can handle infantry and the bike if it gets close while the mortar kills the MGs and that will usually be enough to see off the enemy. If, on the other hand, you are unprepared then pack up, hit retreat (your units run off to safety at the call-n point) and drive your truck to safety. Once redeployed make sure to build a mortar and prepare a 90% complete trench because the enemies early success will make them want to push (usually in the form of an HT/Gren/Flamers into your new base area). Another trick is to keep hitting "retreat" to break suppression and aid in killing the enemy.

Having your truck re-setup is a death sentence, because I'll be sure to be capping the sector the second it happens. Setting up the truck somewhere else means setting it up far back, handing over map control immediately. You can build as much mortar pits and trenches there as you want, I won't not care about the 5+ fuel and 10+ munitions that you can scrap together. The StuH and storms will arrive before the Stuart. You can leave a 99% built trench at your HQ, but the recon squad can't build it and I should have my MG on the truck before the first tommiesquad is out. A casualty clearing station behind the HQ can help amass a blob that can roll over the MG. The sniper(s) should take care of that though. The whole idea of the super fast pin is to avoid anything from going up, so it shouldn't work anyway.
This strategy has been around a long time (Kibblesnbits in 2.301), I think it's fair to say it's more than a a gimmick.

From what I can tell, the best way to counter it is sniping the MG early, weakening it, and then relying on the power of the T0 tank. A bad MG setup can really cost you.

There are a couple more replays in my replay pack, against higher ranked players.

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

+
# 6GlbSoN Aug 24 2011, 01:52 AM
I love you and Purlictor for doing this! I'm sure this will be a great success if you can keep up the series!

+
# 7Tyranids424 Sep 1 2011, 13:05 PM
ehh good playing with mgs smile.gif but the britt wasnt so good Xd why did not the britt player flank them instead and push one unit to the mg to create a diversion XD so he could kill them i got much losses so he couldnt not build up a mortar. but in this way he could save some manpower to create a mortar:D in my opinion i am not experienced player:P and he had a bren why not pusch away your mgs instead to give him space instead XD lol well but good mg playing biggrin.gif

+
# 8Blechdose Sep 8 2011, 08:02 AM
Great idea about the strat cast but the Brit was pretty bad.

He
1) Didn't snipe MG
2) Lost Lt to Pio
3) Didnt move behind the MG with his bren + inf squad to take it out
4) Didn't exit the Inf squad from Bren when it was about to go down

Need to see the strat against a decent Brit player.

+
# 9SemInt Sep 8 2011, 14:09 PM
QUOTE(Blechdose @ Sep 8 2011, 10:02 AM) *

Need to see the strat against a decent Brit player.

There aren't exactly much decent Brits around, but as I said, there's a couple more replays against higher ranked Brits in my replay pack. tongue.gif

+
# 10piwawsky Sep 8 2011, 15:01 PM
WT hq base pin has always been a bitch for me to deal with.
especially vs a good player as semint.
I shouldn't lose lt to pio (usually I don't, usually I even kill a bike with it) but was to busy microing tommies and BC.
I also should build mortar earlier but I just couldn't due to mgs pinning my tommies.
besides that I don't really know what else I could do to prevent this loss.

as said, this was a rape and a classic replay of how to own a brit with wehr on WT wink.gif

+
# 11Doomdark Sep 8 2011, 22:40 PM
QUOTE(piwawsky @ Sep 8 2011, 15:01 PM) *

besides that I don't really know what else I could do to prevent this loss.

Press "go mobile" on HQ then hit Retreat. Your troops run off to safety and you redeploy your truck back to the safety of your start point.

+
# 12Blechdose Sep 9 2011, 05:52 AM
QUOTE(piwawsky @ Sep 8 2011, 17:01 PM) *

I don't really know what else I could do to prevent this loss.

1) Snipe MG immediately and the MG will usually go down to Brit firepower
2) At 4:30,
- u could have unloaded your Inf section from the Bren right behind the MG most likely killing it
- press the repair button for the bren in order not to loose it vs the 2 bikes (there were enough munis)
- and build a mortar with your recon squad behind the truck

+
# 13LeadCuresCancer Sep 9 2011, 20:20 PM
Go T2 and get a sniper... or is that not an option?

+
# 14SemInt Sep 10 2011, 23:02 PM
QUOTE(LeadCuresCancer @ Sep 9 2011, 22:20 PM) *

Go T2 and get a sniper... or is that not an option?

Wut?

+
# 15piwawsky Sep 11 2011, 01:04 AM
QUOTE(Blechdose @ Sep 9 2011, 07:52 AM) *

1) Snipe MG immediately and the MG will usually go down to Brit firepower
2) At 4:30,
- u could have unloaded your Inf section from the Bren right behind the MG most likely killing it
- press the repair button for the bren in order not to loose it vs the 2 bikes (there were enough munis)
- and build a mortar with your recon squad behind the truck

1. even if I sniped the MG, it never goes down to "brit firepower"
2. if I would unload tommies from BC,it would not made any difference, still BC would go down, probably even faster...
3. it's not really a good idea to press repair button on BC when it's under fire and below 50% health (possible below 30%)
4. I tried to build the mortar but I've been undere fire from Semint's MGs so it was not really possible...

+
# 16KoRneY Sep 14 2011, 01:58 AM
also, two bikes out damages bren repair

+
# 17Maxico Sep 19 2011, 12:55 PM
Nice. Thanks for the video, Chains & Purlictor!

Thsi is almost similar to what I do intuitively against brits. However I was really missing a real concept, so thanks for that SemInt smile.gif

+
# 18Tonloc Sep 19 2011, 13:49 PM
A quicker mortar + 2nd recon squad instead of bren squad might have helped.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)