Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Eternal Conflict discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Birk Nov 19 2011, 16:52 PM
Eternal Conflict is a new mod by Basilean. Check out the mod spotlight here and discuss!

This post has been edited by Birk: Nov 19 2011, 16:54 PM

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 2Mortiferus Rosa Nov 20 2011, 15:00 PM
Cool! Will have to playtest some. Man, havent played in forever...

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3redarrow7216 Nov 20 2011, 23:13 PM
Awesome mod with cool new units! :-)

I love the new experimental factory's.

+
# 4_Golgoth_ Nov 21 2011, 10:43 AM
HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOU GUYS

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5iamtheslaw Nov 21 2011, 11:46 AM
Love the mod but im little concerned not many people will play it or know who acually has the mod. Maybe post our steam ID here for people intrested playing the mod?

+
# 6Birk Nov 21 2011, 15:38 PM
QUOTE(iamtheslaw @ Nov 21 2011, 11:46 AM) *

Love the mod but im little concerned not many people will play it or know who acually has the mod. Maybe post our steam ID here for people intrested playing the mod?

Good idea. smile.gif

+
# 7VerTiGo_Etrex Nov 21 2011, 16:08 PM
Revamp mod.

Vamp already did this (not as nicely AFAIK, but still...) and also let you add the flow economy from FA back into SC2 if you wanted.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 8iamtheslaw Nov 21 2011, 17:05 PM
Revamp mod and EC are not in anyway the same. Revamp is just fa moved onto supcom 2 maps pretty much.

+
# 9X-Flame Nov 21 2011, 20:10 PM
Just to be clear, I need to download the Cerus VI's Mod Manager and then download this mod, right?

Game: None

+
# 10Birk Nov 21 2011, 20:33 PM
QUOTE(X-Flame @ Nov 21 2011, 20:10 PM) *

Just to be clear, I need to download the Cerus VI's Mod Manager and then download this mod, right?

Yep.

+
# 11NuclearPizza Nov 21 2011, 20:53 PM
The mod is awesome, except bombers are very op
Had this amazing game with polar:

+
# 12nothing exists Nov 22 2011, 20:09 PM
the mod looks great, great job bastilean, although one thing i recommend is that you enable transports to be able to load and unload ally units if the ally clicks on the transport with selected units, if possible.

also, congratulations to nephylim on his newborn adopted son!

+
# 13X-Flame Nov 22 2011, 21:25 PM
Game crashes after every played game. Odd.

Kinda cool units btw, but nothing really stands out. Heavy Bots make no sense :/

Game: None

+
# 14nothing exists Nov 22 2011, 22:19 PM
QUOTE(X-Flame @ Nov 22 2011, 21:25 PM) *
Game crashes after every played game. Odd.

Kinda cool units btw, but nothing really stands out. Heavy Bots make no sense post-13661-1143531603.gif

coming from someone with a lot* of supcom 2 understanding,

the units that gpg made in the last dlc that stood out were actually completely worthless.... the mass to research convertor... the super triton, the sooprisor.... intermediate units like the heavy assault bots will be much more useful, better still as they previously didnt even exist. this dlc adds a higher-power energy generator, which was seriously needed.

one thing i find debatable in this mod which may in fact be for the best is the increased price of energy generators to 120 mass, what this basically means is, having tested it, you can not simultaneously exponentially expand with mc while building attack units, as in order to do so you will have to pause your engineers building energy in order to have enough mass. i think this is better as now resource allocation and production priority is more significant.

although i think i disagree with the decreased cost of mass extractors, as you want each mass extractor to cost enough to be an important decision, rather than to be freely quickly gathered as fast as possible with less consideration. i think nephylim originally reduced the price of mass extractors in cbp just because he likes to expand as much as possible and doesn't want to feel discouraged from doing so.

one potential problem with the increased cost of energy generators is that in the event of not being able to expand to collect mass points, you still want to be able to effectively win with mc alone in a turtle if you play your cards right, this is a particular strategy that shouldn't be eliminated. does the increased price of p gens eliminate this option? i really don't know.

+
# 15DaemonicKnight Nov 22 2011, 22:24 PM
I think pgens should be made free.

+
# 16nothing exists Nov 23 2011, 00:33 AM
bastillean, you do realize that if you want the mod to be accepted by the majority of the community as it should, you have to do away with some of the extreme OP-ness. like bodabooms being stackable, the mobile factory tanks having longer range than fatboys and jackhammers, while having the firepower of 2 cybran artillery stations, while being more accurate, while being mobile and able to produce units at a decreased cost increased speed, while all under 1000 mass

and i think you want to make sure that mc is stronger than expanding with mexes, the idea is though you're not supposed to let your opponent get away with it since it takes time to produce the resources and get the rp to do so. on the other side, you also want to be able to find ways to get away with it.. i dont know exactly if you reduced the energy income per power plant or not

+
# 17redarrow7216 Nov 23 2011, 07:38 AM
QUOTE(nothing exists @ Nov 22 2011, 23:19 PM) *

although i think i disagree with the decreased cost of mass extractors, as you want each mass extractor to cost enough to be an important decision, rather than to be freely quickly gathered as fast as possible with less consideration. i think nephylim originally reduced the price of mass extractors in cbp just because he likes to expand as much as possible and doesn't want to feel discouraged from doing so.

I think neph used the decreased cost from bast. Not the other way around tongue.gif But I'm not entirely sure.

QUOTE(nothing exists @ Nov 23 2011, 01:33 AM) *

bastillean, you do realize that if you want the mod to be accepted by the majority of the community as it should, you have to do away with some of the extreme OP-ness. like bodabooms being stackable, the mobile factory tanks having longer range than fatboys and jackhammers, while having the firepower of 2 cybran artillery stations, while being more accurate, while being mobile and able to produce units at a decreased cost increased speed, while all under 1000 mass

Didn;t notice that yet. If that's true it needs editing :-)

I do think bast made sure it would cost a ton more RS if it's that cheap.

+
# 18Nephylim Nov 23 2011, 08:11 AM
@Redarrow: I doubt I copied it from bast. But im quite sure we have talked about it, as we have had discussions about both our mods. In the end, I lowered mex cost (AND increased the amount of mass spots - which is actually nescessary when decreasing mex cost), to change the game flow and encourage macro play.

+
# 19iamtheslaw Nov 23 2011, 13:09 PM
Yh this game needs more patchs before its accepted, Some of the things i've noticed that need dealing with
- The urchrow has a speed buff? If it has its pointless if its grouped as units travel at the slowest unit speed when grouped
- Bombers op. 10 bombers should not be able to kill 8 havogs in one un-microed run.
- Aoe attack on acu is op. training 3 is borders on overcharge wilth no energy required. I must of killed 30 loyalists with just 5 vollies.
- Some things on the reseach tree seem poorly placed. Radar overcharge should not come after eshock. They have no relation to each other and your spening 8-9 rp on eshock just to get something that is in no way worth it. Genrally the structure tree seems a little confusing imo.
-Why do aeon get no extra experimental sad.gif Maybe like a miror air experital... A bomber would be cool.

+
# 20redarrow7216 Nov 23 2011, 15:54 PM
@ neph: sorry. I won't do it again tongue.gif

I believe eshock got buffed in addition to more research points.
But 10 bombers seriously kill 8 harvogs? I believe bast buffed land vs air. Weird.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)