Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

All GLA > all China

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1spalding Mar 28 2006, 11:02 AM
but how would you fix it? I think the carbombs at TD are simply stupid and kind of limit china to go middle every game sad.gif or try to box their dozer in at their unsafe supply when building an AF/WF, which doesn't work if GLA gets the cars ASAP. It's just stupid that china has to hope that he messes up atleast one of his cars when going dual WF, else it's gg without you having done anything wrong. Tank isn't an option, a 3 chevron technical pretty much ends the game before it has begun. What are your thoughts on how to improve this matchup? GLA just has so many options to win the game.

This post has been edited by spalding: Mar 28 2006, 11:06 AM

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2bliNd- Mar 28 2006, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't say all gla > all china.

Tank vs GLA/Stealth is fair.
Nuke vs GLA/Demo is fair.

Dunno how you could really improve gla v china, though. If you remove car bombs it'd make gla even worse against USA. And if you make techs slower so China could catch then GLA couldn't TT USA at all. So it's kinda hard to change anything without making gla vs usa more imbalanced.

Maybe if Quads were made worse against armor quad rpg wouldn't totally own vChina but it'd still be effective against humvee spam. Then if you nerf maradeur range a bit it'd make Most of the China vs GLA match ups pretty fair.

This post has been edited by -Bli[N]d-: Mar 28 2006, 11:37 AM

Game: None

+
# 3spalding Mar 28 2006, 11:50 AM
I've seen enough replays of Powerful trashing all good nuke/tank players, and in none of these games battlebusses play a deciding role since they were all dead by the time the palace was finished wacko.gif. Of course against the average gla I don't have any problems either, I'm talking top gla here, not ones who even struggle against vusa with tox. Size got no more than one unit to powerful's base in 3 games :/. He also didn't use marauders in any of these games. I'd like to see you play powerful in a series of games, since any nuke I've seen him play got trashed.

This post has been edited by spalding: Mar 28 2006, 11:54 AM

+
# 4Yumi Mar 28 2006, 12:15 PM
d-' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:35 PM' post='1013181']
Dunno how you could really improve gla v china, though. If you remove car bombs it'd make gla even worse against USA. And if you make techs slower so China could catch then GLA couldn't TT USA at all. So it's kinda hard to change anything without making gla vs usa more imbalanced.

Agreed with this. The things I have most problems with are Tech RPGs and Car Bombs too, double Barrel Marauders need to have their weapon weakened but everything else is fine about them. Busses I'm not so terribly fussed about since Lix/Migs can deal with them (especially once Tox RPGs lose stinger tracking like everyone says they will in the next patch), it's just early game GLA hits you so hard you don't get them in time usually and you just watch as a Bus kills your Warfac then runs into a Tunnel.

Sucks how the only China unit that rewards good micro as much as Vees/Tech RPGs do are Helixes sad.gif

Clan: H2

+
# 5spalding Mar 28 2006, 12:20 PM
It's not only the busses, get on msn Yumi =D

+
# 6StarTrekker Mar 28 2006, 12:25 PM
Oh how I wish I could play GLA that good! IMO Only top GLAs own Chinas hard.

I think China needs a fast unit. USA has the Vees, GLA has techs, both are so fast china can't catch them.

Clan: [BORG]

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 7Yumi Mar 28 2006, 12:32 PM
QUOTE(spalding @ Mar 28 2006, 01:20 PM) *

It's not only the busses, get on msn Yumi =D

Can't find msn on this uni comp wacko.gif I've seen people using it, I'll keep looking.

+
# 8spalding Mar 28 2006, 12:38 PM
http://www.msn2go.com/

+
# 9bliNd- Mar 28 2006, 13:51 PM
If Bm's got their old radiation puddle it'd make nuke v gla's pretty much even.

Then maybe if gatts got a boost of some kind it'd make other chinas better against gla too. But I'm just afraid that'd fuck up usa vs china then. Also it'd make tank dominate team games that involve air even more.

If Th's range would be increased it'd help china against GLA loads and also make it easier to fend off humvee spamming USA.

Also 2Chev Bm's shouldn't give away such a insane ammount of exp. so they could be actually used against GLA before you got ecm's etc.^^

Opinions?

This post has been edited by -Bli[N]d-: Mar 28 2006, 13:53 PM

+
# 10[OoE]MiRaGE Mar 28 2006, 15:37 PM
after watching powerful simply DESTROY size's tank a few times i'd say if played right vanilla GLA would own tank as powerful used nothing that tox had the advantage with in the games.. I've said it all along...busses are not the problem. Not enough gla players put enough pressure on china as they are robotic clones that fast tech to busses.
Those replays spalding sent me were just laughable..some of the biggest ownage i have ever seen.

This post has been edited by [OoE]MiRaGE: Mar 28 2006, 15:40 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 11ReLaX Mar 28 2006, 20:24 PM
I don't think we need to changes Nukes radiation to 1.02.
And I think Nuke is - 1on1 - not really the weakest side against GLA's.

I think we need to work generally on the armour and GLA's unfair advantages here.

But before we should talk and discuss about anything we have to fix car- and BB-Bug and we should decide if Random should stay as it is.
I think it should NOT be the same.

Thats the 1st thing why China overall is underplayed.

If Car-Bomb is fixed I have 3 ideas about it :
1) Lower speed a bit.
2) Replace cars = takes longer time to catch any dozer.
3) Build-Time from Mines lower

But thats only TD and I don't think that China is only on TD weak.
TD without Cars is unfair, too.

All 3-times with crap upgraded Techs, Quads and of course Marauders are too powerful.
Quads do too much damage to tanks.

I think we should start at those things - change armour type from Tanks (Gatt & Mao generally) or - simple - lower damage from Quads generally.

The other things will be fixed by weaken GLA (Change Gamma-Upgrade to BM or weaken TOX-Tunnels and more).

Techs should stay, but I think we should give supply trucks more resistance to weapons.

R4v3n

This post has been edited by R4v3n: Mar 28 2006, 20:26 PM

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 12[OoE]MiRaGE Mar 29 2006, 05:30 AM
I'm pretty sure if you see a patch that Nuke will be regaining it's radiation from 1.02. Most knowledgeable people have already said that.
It was never a problem anyway vs good gla.

+
# 13ReLaX Mar 29 2006, 10:40 AM
1st we have to discuss what we do with GLA.

If its enough we can think about radiation - maybe we don't need it.
Tank and vChina are weaker and need a boost 1st against GLA.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 14Murder Mar 29 2006, 22:57 PM
Why WOULDN'T you give Nuke their radiation back? Last I checked Nuke got ass- raped by all the USA's and all the GLA's can beat them easily too, and having their radiation helps them in both matchups while not off- setting China mirrors too much.

Clan: -FaKe|

+
# 15Yumi Mar 29 2006, 23:23 PM
I see what R4v3n is saying tho, bringing back radiation only helps Nuke out vs GLAs without giving Tank/VChina any extra strength. Also they'll still suck against USA even with radiation, BMs suck vs Vees and by the time you have OL/ECM they have Chem Suits.

+
# 16[OoE]MiRaGE Mar 30 2006, 05:19 AM
Nuke's strength vs gla these days is the Helix anyway which v.china gets Cheaper wacko.gif Surely nuke battlemasters were meant to be more beefed up than vanilla china's ground force wacko.gif.
They need their radiation back, and theres absolutely no reason why they shouldn't. if ppl go back to spamming BM's, it's free scraps for marauders anyway IMO.

This post has been edited by [OoE]MiRaGE: Mar 30 2006, 05:24 AM

+
# 17Sparky Mar 30 2006, 10:56 AM
Yes, BM doesn't remotely work against any GLA nowadays. You need Helix as support, but for that you most definately need a beefed up ground force to counter GLA massing anti-air to counter the Helixes. Radiation would help a lot there.

+
# 18Yumi Mar 30 2006, 12:16 PM
Only things 1.02 radiation helps against are massed RPGs and harrassing their supplies. It doesn't do anything against Quads that's significant imo wacko.gif

+
# 19bliNd- Mar 30 2006, 12:33 PM
With more powerfull radiation BM's would kill quads faster and if quads are in group one bm shot would harm other quads too... So it does help against quads also.

This post has been edited by -Bli[N]d-: Mar 30 2006, 12:34 PM

+
# 20Sparky Mar 30 2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, and especially vs RPGs.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)