Hardware

Photoshop CS4 won't start

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1andysfile Dec 8 2011, 10:03 AM
I downloaded it and installed as a trial. Clicking the icon gets me to the EULA. I click Accept, the EULA closes.

That's it, PS doesn't start. It's not listed as a process under task manager. I've tried opening VLC player to listen to music but no matter what song I played PS didn't start.

Windows 7 x64.

Attached Image

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 2Vissario Dec 9 2011, 19:32 PM
You have to install photoshop on a separate pc, with linux, apache, a mysql database and a php client. Furthermore you have to open psd files in word, convert them to a docx file and then move it to your linux pc.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 3andysfile Dec 11 2011, 09:35 AM
Alright, so I've tried for hours to install PS on Linux using this guide, An Idiots Guide to Installing Photoshop on Ubuntu 10.4, but it's just too hard to follow. Eventually I got it working by removing the old monitor drivers so I could see what I was doing.
But I'm stuck on converting the psds to docxs. I use Word's Open box to select a psd and it comes up with the error below.
Attached Image
I remembered one of my friends years ago said what to do in this situation is select Other Encoding then IBM EBCDIC. This I did, but Word froze. It's still frozen after three hours sitting. Is this normal?

+
# 4Vissario Dec 18 2011, 09:52 AM
How can listening to music, starting vlc player or word be any related to photoshop?? wacko.gif

So what's your problem, you installed photoshop on ubuntu, (why would you want to have ubuntu on a photoshopping pc?) and you tried to open psd's with photoshop, did that work or not?

Game: Generals 2

+
# 5andysfile Jan 9 2012, 06:45 AM
Don't worry, I'm just messing with you tongue.gif I didn't think you were serious about converting psd to docx then moving to linux PC? It sounded very strange.
I got it sorted after installing CS4 and CS5 trials, neither worked until I reinstalled the CS5 trial on the second time - so it works now!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)