Dawn of War 2

New to DOW2, ex COH player

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1NorthernTrendkill Dec 10 2011, 17:35 PM
Hi,

Just started playing DOW2 and really enjyting it - especially the similarities to COH. Have received a couple of whoopings so far but still having plenty of fun.

It seems to take a long time to find a game (especially 2 v 2, 3 v 3). Is this because I'm playing vanilla DOW2?

Anyway, hope to see you all online at some point.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2R4V4G3R 17 Dec 11 2011, 13:12 PM
QUOTE(NorthernTrendkill @ Dec 10 2011, 17:35 PM) *

Hi,

Just started playing DOW2 and really enjyting it - especially the similarities to COH. Have received a couple of whoopings so far but still having plenty of fun.

It seems to take a long time to find a game (especially 2 v 2, 3 v 3). Is this because I'm playing vanilla DOW2?

Anyway, hope to see you all online at some point.

welcome to the community, and yeah, most of the player base is on retribution, which doesn't use gfwl, it uses steam for matchmaking, and vanilla/cr arent supported with patches etc anymore, so if you can switch to retri i would advise it
952 904 930

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3NorthernTrendkill Dec 11 2011, 13:52 PM
Ah, thanks for the advice. I've just installed retribution and about to play my first online game.

+
# 4R4V4G3R 17 Dec 12 2011, 08:04 AM
gdgd, maybe see you online smile.gif if you need any help with the game, have any questions or w/e, stop by the l2p group (there should be a link in a pinned thread in general discussion), group is still going, if dwindling a bit, should find people happy to help, maybe a few new people to practice with too, im around there quite a bit, usually willing to give people a hand, so drop by sometime if you want smile.gif
952 904 930

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5NorthernTrendkill Dec 12 2011, 13:04 PM
Funny you should mention the l2p group - I followed the link from Tsototar's Steam account page (from the link below the avatar on here!). I've already asked a couple of questions and had some great help.

Someone even translated something from German to English for me!

I definitely prefer the Retribution MP interface and the extra content is nice.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)